Waubonsee Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Waubonsee Community College

Cindy

Waubonsee Community college is a really good school to help you start getting adjusted to college courses. The professors are there to help you succeed. When needing more clarification or help with assignments they will take the time to explain and help you with the material one on one. Waubonsee Community College helped me grow as a student and achieve more academically than I ever thought I could.

Antonia

As an adult student, first generation American, Waubonsee teachers and staff made me feel very welcome, comfortable about my doubts and questions (many, many questions). I went in with a career path in mind, but with need of much guidance as to how to go about my education in order to achieve said career. The teachers and/or tutoring center are of great help when I would start falling behind. The school definitely has made me feel as if they really do care about making my dreams a reality.

bindu

It's an affordable school with numerous opportunities to explore different majors if you are undecided. Professors are understanding and friendly. Some even challenge you to think outside of the box. I really enjoy being challenged about my understanding of the world.

Kaleb

My opinion of Waubonsee is that it is a great academic begining school that gives you a really good overview of what college really looks like whilst giving you a good college experience that you will be very unlikely to forget. Even with the pandemic in place there is still a good amount of interactiveness that gives students hope that they are fully capable of going after their dreams and professions.

Jill

I think that Waubonsee Community College has given me a good education for less money. It was not my first choice, but because out of state schools are expensive, I did not get to attend one of those schools. My father was concerned about paying back loans since I am Theatre major and jobs can be scarce at first. We both decided attending community college for at lest one year would help save some money and it sure has. By the time I finish next semester, I will have a year and a half of general education requirements under my belt and I will be ready to move on to my next school starting in Fall 2017. I think WCC has prepared me for the future, especially in mathematics. I used to struggle so very much, but now I have a wonderful teacher who has helped me grow confident in my abilities. WCC has provided me with confidence and knowledge in the time I have attended there.

Amber

I like it. Overall it's a really great college. Most professors are very accepting and understanding. Students are very nice as well. There are many opportunities on campus to further your learning or get help. All of the counselors, financial aid officers, etc. are all very helpful.

Caili

I love Waubonseee! At first I was not sure about going to a community college because all my friends went away to college, but I made the right decision because the class sizes are awesome and the teachers are very well educated and are willing to help you get your degree. I love this college and would recommend it to anyone who is not wanting to leave away from home. It is also affordable, I will be leaving Waubonsee with no debt because I am a part time worker and a full time student and I was able to pay for two years without anyone's help, no parents and no loans. And I thank Waubonsee Community College for that.

Josephine

Waubonsee Community College is an amazing campus. The campus is beautiful, giving it a real university feel. The diversity is also something that is apparent and is awesome. Academics are stellar. Their programs and clubs are very much involved in social settings and provide great volunteer opportunities.

Trenton

My overall opinion of Waubonsee Community College is that is is a very well equipped community college. I am happy with the affordability of it and I like that I can get my general education out of the way so close to home. It is a fairly large college but is very easy to navigate around.

James

It is very good for a community college with many different educational opportunities. There are a wide variety of classes depending on your major, and there are a lot of different teachers that fit specific learning styles. I like the fact that there are multiple campuses because it provides easier access to classes and makes travelling easier.

Kaelah

I love the college , I go to 3 of the 4 campuses and all of them are great and so is the faculty.

I loved going to this school! Classes sizes were ideal, no more than 30 people. It was affordable. I've was able to get involved in many student activities. It was easy to navigate around the campus. I would recommend this school to any student looking to earn a certificate, associates, or transfer degree.

Chloe

This college has been a great experience so far. The teachers I have had have been easy going and informative. I actually GET calculus in a way I didn't in HS. I'm transferring out in the fall for sports but would complete my Associates degree here if it wasn't for that.

Drake

Overall, this community college is phenomenal. If you are looking for a safe, fun, clean, environment, then this school is for you. It's also a fantastic choice if you are unable to go to a university. I just finished my fourth semester there, and I have not had one bad professor! All of them have been incredibly understanding and helpful. They love to get their students involved in conversation and don't just lecture the whole time. Meeting people was not difficult. There are always people to talk to inside and outside of class! Amazing school!

It is my first year in a college setting and I could not be happier with my experience. I am a college athlete which does tend to make things a bit difficult but everyone truly cares how the students are feeling about their classes and how it is going. I really do love this school and I wish it was a four year university.

Theodore

Waubonsee Community College is an amazing school and is a great option for those who do not know what they want to do yet in life. It is an inexpensive option to get ones general education classes out of the way and for someone to transfer up to a four year school. Waubonsee Community College is the greatest!!!

Kristy

For a Community College, I was very satisfied with most aspects of my overall education. There are many excellent Professors and only a few terrible ones, and there is a plethora of courses to choose froI. I was very happy to be able to take both the Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution course, as well as the Human Rights course. I also truly enjoyed participating in the numerous clubs and after school activities that were offered. Although I could list a few complaints regarding the institution and staff, I'll only mention two. First, there are no adequate vegetarian options and absolutely no vegan options in the cafeteria. Second, due to the pond in the center of the Sugar Grove campus, it's grounds are overrun with Geese which not only defecate all over the walkways, but they also cause anxiety due to their threatening and vicious nature.

If the student I was in high school saw my name on the Fall 2015 President's List for a 4.0 semester, I would have been in utter disbelief. For too long I associated learning with negativity and stunted my own growth as a student. I never realized how lucky I am to have grown up with a roof over my head, food on the table, and a loving family to support me along the way until I attended Waubonsee Community college. Now, I have never been more excited to walk into a new classroom. I enjoy being presented with new challenges that push me to become a better student and version of myself. Attending is very affordable, and a great place to start your College experience. The counselors and professors are very passionate and dedicated to helping you succeed. Now that I know what I am capable of, the sky is the limit and getting my education is my number one priority.

Ramone

Great school for the price. The teachers are usually average, however there are some rockstar teachers; especially in the math department. There isn't much to do on campus, but there are a decent amount of student clubs, and starting your own student club is common and fairly easy to do.

Hayley

It's a good school to start at if you are looking for a smooth transition from high school to college. It is also the most cost effective option for students who's finances or direction are a concern. Waubonsee cares about it's people in the sense that the staff as mentors want to see the students succeed.

Sabrina

Other than the food, the school is amazing and I would not have had as many opportunities as I do now because of Waubonsee and the faculty and staff. The teachers are helpful and kind, and the classes are focused. The food, however, is awful, and usually made me feel sick. I wish they would have more options for students to eat healthier at a budget since many of us are struggling.

My overall opinion of Waubonsee Community College is it is a great stepping stone to have students ready to take on a university. The staff is always pushing students to reach their full potential, and reassuring us we all can be successful. The staff members are also always there to help you when you have questions. Waubonsee does a good job of making their students feel comfortable and safe on campus. I would recommend this school to anyone who is not sure on a major or wants to save money for college.

javier

Attending Waubonsee community college for automotive technology is amazing. The resources and connections the instructors have made in the automotive industry is outstanding. They can find place and hire people in any automotive relating jobs within their first week of class. I am one my second day of class I got a job at my dealership thanks to my great instructor Ken Kunz.

Kimberly

I love being apart of Waubonsee Community, as a full-time student, I feel welcomed and safe here all the time. The professors are very flexible and always remind students that they are here for us. Many professors have helped me when I had limited resources. The coffee here is better than Starbucks because you see fellow classmates and old friends who always leave you with a smile and a good coffee before class.

Dylan

A great starting school for students interested in getting their general education requirements done. Saves a ton of money too. The professors are, for the most type, very good and responsive. There's also a lot to do outside of classes. The amount of clubs is shockingly large for a community college and the campus felt even safer than my high school. I would recommend to any Illinois students looking to earn their gen eds.

Elyse

I love it there. I love the atmosphere and the teachers. I could, of course, go to another college, but I’m pretty comfortable here. The teachers care a lot and the students are nice as well. Once I graduate, I am going to miss going to school here for those reasons.