Sugar Grove, IL
Waubonsee Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Waubonsee Community College

Mayra

I think that my school is great because of the flexible time schedules, and all the opportunities students have in their classes. I think that any time a student needs help, they can easily go up to any staff and receive just what they're looking for. I feel that everything is organized in a timely manner that there should be no room for failure.

Dear Mayra, I know things look really difficult now, but the best advice I can give you is to always try your best. High school might seem to be dragging on forever, but it's a process and once you get to college I know you'll really find yourself, and you'll see that it was all worth the wait. Coming into college may seem like a super scary step forward, but another piece advice I want to give you, are you ready? Don't stress out! I really think that if you take your time, think things through, and DON'T procrastinate ( I know that's a tough one) you'll be just fine. Always try to do your work at the time that it's assigned and it's easier when if you know ahead of time that there is and assignment, get started on it right away. Obey mom and dad, they know what they're talking about. Keep in touch with old friends, make new friends, be the best person you can be. Trust God, everything happens in his time, REALLY! When it's going God's way you know it's the right way.

I do not feel that I can consider anything bad about school. Like in any place there are some ups and downs; when speaking in terms of socializing or talking to other people, I think that sometimes people can be cruel to other people because they're different. But I don't feel that it has anything to do with school. Also when students already form their frienship groups sometimes it can be an obstacle to meet other people because we become so close minded.

Matt

My school is a community college with many campuses, which enable students to attend class without driving very far.

If I could go back in time to senior year of high school, the first thing I would do is press into my mind the importance of applying to scholarships no matter how big or small. Struggling to finance my education has created a burden which can effect my grades. It forces me to work many hours per week leaving less time to study. Scholarships such as the one I am applying for now are a huge help for students in my situation. I wish I was more aware of the opportunities out there to help my future. I have taken to college life rather well and hope that I may be allowed the privilage of devoting more time to my education through the help that scholarships such as this will bring.

I wish I knew more about how to find scholarships and how important and necessary they are to funding my education.

Jonathan

First and foremost I would give myself advice to find a good mentor. Preferably someone who is not a family member, but a good friend who is older and that has already gone through the college experience. I would find someone who I feel comfortable with who, I know, is caring and willing to give me advice. The next piece of advice I would give myself would be to diligently seek financial aid, whether it be grants or scholarships. No matter what, I would and should constantly be alert to scholarship opportunities. I would also advise to meet with my counselor regularly or whenever I had any questions. I would make sure that the classes I would take would be classes that would transfer to the next school I plan to attend. And finally, I would advise myself to always take a full load of classes. This would be in order to stay busy and out of trouble and to understand the meaning of discipline and organization. Having a strict schedule would help me get the things I would have to do done. It might take some time, but with experience, it would help for future classes and college experiences.

For transfer students, it is important to contact not only the counselors, but the counselors of the transfer school you might plan to attend. I wish I would have known what classes I needed and did not need to take in order to make my transfer as smooth and less tedious as possible.

I feel that the Counseling Department could use a little more improvement. There was one occassion when I was meeting with a counselor and the counselor literaly only helped me for no more than 10 minutes. The counselor was really quick to help me with my schedule when it was my first semester there and it seemed like the counselor was in a hurry to get our oppointment over with. It is important to try meeting with all the counselors to see which is the most helpful, or if not, just ask your teachers which one is the best one.

samantha

I would say definitly do alot of research on what you really want to do. Check on the universitys and what they offer, use the guidance counselors to help apply and find scholarships, it is almost impossible.

Waubonsee Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.