Western Oklahoma State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Western Oklahoma State College

Makayla

WOSC is a great school within an awesome community. The school is more like a family. Everyone knows everyone and the staff truly cares about your wellbeing. Not only in the classrooms are people willing to go above and beyond but outside of it as well. I made amazing lifelong friends while I was there and would recommend it to anyone.

Macy

It is a great place to start your college experience. The teachers are easily available and they will answer any questions you have. The building is easy to navigate and the learning resource center is always available when you need a computer or books to do your assignments.

Wanderson

I love western Oklahoma State College. The people are always nice and well educated. I have met a lot people that I never though I will met. The baseball staff is great and I love them. This is my second year at Western and I love the way my career is going great.

Kiamichi

I love this college. I never thought I would go to a community college. But my teachers encouraged me to learn and offered help when I was struggling. I have been at this college for basics as a concurrent student in high school and now as a nursing student. I feel safe here. Everyone is friendly and want to help students. From the main desk, to financial aid, to the business office, to teachers, I feel welcome and their instructions are easy to follow and they are eager to help.

It is a small town community college. Most of the students here are going for nursing and are already adults with kids. It is not the worst campus ever, but if you're looking for the college experience with cool activities and a huge student population of young adults it would be best to steer clear.

Alyssa

The campus is great - not too small and not too big. The town it's located in has multiple shops and restaurants to choose from. The only down-side is the college doesn't offer variety of degrees that one can choose from but the class sizes aren't that big so students get more one-on-one time with the teachers.

Tanganiya

Western is the easiest most classic school anyone can go to. They are most definitely focused on academics and the well being of each student. Western is very laid back, but we get our education. There is not a person who won't help you or guide you to success. This is a great school to go to and I would definitely recommend to anyone going to college for the first time.

Makensi

WOSC is by for the best choice for a junior college not just around the area, but in the state. Western Oklahoma State College has a fantastic environment for students, staff, and the community that surrounds it. From sports to curricuar's everyone treats everyone like family no matter where anyone's from we all get along, especially on game night!

Bianca

It is a nice place to learn. Most of the teachers seem to be involved in helping the students not only academically but also mentally, emotionally, and socially. The math teachers know what they are doing and try their best to help out and educate every student.

My overall opinion of Western Oklahoma State College is that it is a convenient and an inexpensive school to attend as it is close to home and the tuition is not much to pay. The teachers are extremely helpful when it comes to our homework and we don’t always have to wait longer for them to give assistance to us as the class size to not too large. The online classes are also there in our screen welcoming us to be ahead of our class work if we like, since there are students that either work, are parents, or both. The staff is so kind and respectful that they would do anything to make us feel at home.

Brayden

It’s an alright college, wouldn’t really recommend using these degrees to progress further into other colleges or to a university, almost all of the classes are interesting, some not so much. Not a fan of the Gen Ed classes, some are downright pointless and the limited teacher count for STEM makes me not recommend any engineers because of teacher availability, along with not very interested in working with you on anything.

Chiawna

I think it's a good school, they were very welcoming on my first day! I like how teaching cares about their students and push us a lot to be better and on our mission to graduate, I played on the WOSC Women’s Basketball Team and there were times I did feel stressed traveling and doing school but the teachers were very open with your schedules and giving help or extra time to get your work turned in. I appreciated everything they did for me as a player and a student.

Stormy

I would recommend them to anyone that is seeking their LPN to RN degree.