Worcester State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Worcester State University

Kristin

I wish it was more of a residential campus. I don't feel like it offers much for residents & has unhealthy foods.

Dianna

Worcester State University, overall, cares about their students and academic success, however, I feel that there is a lack of student activity and lack of diversity within the student population. Diversity plays an important role to college life therefore it brings down my rating of the school. Aside from the social aspect, the academics can also use more rigor. Many professors really care about the success of their students but there should be more choices for students on areas of study (it is very limited).

It's definitely a great place to earn your initial degree. Tons of resources, tons of acitivities, but also a great school for those who don't want any involvement and are just there to learn and go home.It's the only school I'll apply to in the area after going for a few semesters, so they're doing something right!

Frantz

I got accepted not to long ago and currently going through the process of getting my classes and dorm info. I visited the school a few weeks ago, seems like a nice campus and all. People and faculty members seem pretty nice as well. I'm a transfer student, so I will be coming in as a junior and hope Worcester State is a great experience.

James

The professors really care. They want you to success and understand and have plenty of time open for office hours. Many will even meet outside of those hours. You will always find someone to get along with, who is in a similar walk of life. If you're on a tight budget and want a degree, Worcester State University is a great choice.

Yasmin

I believe that Worcester State Unicersity is a small school but mighty when it comes to academics. They have a great political student group and spread the word all around campus. Worcester state university is a great school to start at if you plan on transferring as I am. The class sizes are manageable and the professors are very approachable and available.

Bryson

I like my school. My head coach needs to be changed so that we can truly go in a new and better direction. The stubbornness to change is not good since everything else around us is changing but he doesn't. He is like a horse with blinders on and can't see.

I enjoy my time at Worcester State. I am and evening student and my biggest complaint is that many "evening" courses start at 4pm. That is afternoon to me. I work full time and often have to leave work early to get to class. I am a mom, wife, and homeowner as well. It is hard for me to make it to these classes and I wish they were later. I also wish more classes were offered at night. Some of the courses I need are not even offered as evening courses.

Great school for academics and extracurricular activities. Small-medium class sizes allow for students to be able to engage more with the professor in class and have a better academic connection as well. There are many sports to join along with recreational sports which allows any student to be engaged with others athletically. On-campus housing is not bad, but it could be better. The same thing goes for the campus food as well. There is usually always something to do with friends on and off campus since the school is located in Worcester and has many attractions and activities to go to. Overall, it is a pretty good college.

Kara

My options were endless: I was a 16-year-old high school graduate, acquiring my diploma in only three years. As they would say in "Woostah", I was "supah smaht" and I could have gone anywhere, but I didn't. I proudly went to Worcester State. Why? Because I wanted to stay nearby, because I wanted to live affordably off-campus, and because I wanted a quality education that would not break the bank, throw myself and my parents into debilitating debt, and haunt me like a rabid raccoon who has once tasted my leftovers. Furthermore, I knew I loved writing and art, but I had no idea what I wanted to do with all that, and I wasn't about to spend $25k+ a year to maybe, perhaps figure that out. So I went to WSU, and those four years flew by, and at the end of them? I had a better idea of who I was, what I loved, and I didn't OWE A DIME to anybody. I had money to pursue my graduate goals, and walked away with fantastic experiences with some of the best professors I've ever met and students from all walks of life, many with whom I still associate. I highly recommend considering this excellent institution, for as with many things in life, it's all about what we bring to it, and the marrow that we suck out of it, and attending Worcester State University was one of the best decisions of my life.

Steven

I love Worcester State University! I stayed at Worcester State University for a community service summer camp two years ago. Since then, I have known that I want to attend Worcester State University. I was accepted to Worcester State Univeristy. In the fall, I will be majoring in Education with a minor in History. My goal is to become a History teacher. I can not wait to start in the fall.

Jayme

The best decision I ever made was to transfer to WSU for my Sophomore year! The professors are so great! I recommend getting involved with clubs and/or sports teams! My best memories come from being involved on campus! Everyone is very friendly so you'll never feel alone. The professors are always ready to help you so utilize their office hours for extra help or simply just stop by to say hello! Get ready for the best years of your life at Worcester State!

Bryson

Worcester state has a beautiful campus and a welcoming invironment

John

Worcester State University is the best affordable institution available in the Worcester county for a 4-year college. I have taken art classes on the university's off-campus art center, Worcester Center for Crafts, have engaged in only one semester dedicated to the Business concentration, and my core concentration with laboratories are a great experience so far in terms of grades and experience.

Casey

Overall, I am really happy at Worcester State University. It is a college where teachers and friends truly want you to succeed and look out for your best interest. The students here are amazing and are not stuck up, for the most part. They also have a beautiful camps that is welcoming and makes me feel at home.

Tatihana

While the literal school has a lot of updated and new attributes the education in itself is hardly challenge. I do not feel that the price tag matches the quality of the education. Many teachers and students alike are unmotivated in pursuing topics beyond the minimal requirements of a course. There are plenty of nice places to relax and study and people are generally friendly. However if your looking for a well rounded college experience then this is not the place to be. I myself am looking into a transfer. The city of Worcester is filled with cultural variety and numerous things to do but Worcester State University is limited in what it can offer to its students and it is known for being difficult and unhelpful when it comes to matters of Financial Aid.

Gloris

This is my second semester in Worcester State University and thus far it has been awesome. The staff is amazing and it has a very nice campus with a great football field. I am very impressed. Everything is also well organized. I would say WSU is the best college in the country! love it

Jim

Worcester state has been named one of the best values for your money in certain fields across the country. While I am currently studying online, I look forward to becoming a full time student soon so I can spend more time on campus and get into the culture myself!

Leanne

Gay pride seems to be the most important aspect on campus. Every wall has celebrate diversity posters. Disabled students do not get much assistance and do not seem to be categorized in the diversity to be celebrated. Lecture halls do not exist. Very generic college. The science building needs microscopes as most are broken. This school needs to prioritize funds more efficiently. Don't expect tuition waivers either, as you will likely be denied; regardless of your level of need.

Leah

My overall opinion is that Worcester State University is a school with a great value. This school is in a smaller version of Boston. Because of this, it is not as intimidating. I would recommend Worcester State University to many students who want to go into the medical fields of nursing and occupational therapy.

Gaelle

i a, starting this fall but i went to orientation and from what i observe it going to be a pretty good two years. I have already talk to an adviser and have a decent plan for the next two years. The only thing i can say that surprise me is the cost of tuition for a public university. After that everything else is pretty good.

Connor

Overall, Worcester state is a good university. The professors are very friendly and want to see you succeed, and see your fullest potential. the academics depending on your professor will always try to keep in touch with you, making sure that you have the potential to pass the class. However some professors will almost never get in touch with you.

Fransheska

My overall opinion of Worcester State University is that the campus itself is very diverse and accepting. The university helps support and motivate students to achieve their overall goals and dreams within their majors, or minors and careers in general. i recommend this college to absolutely anyone who wants to pursue any major or dream.

In my opinion, Worcester State University has a beautiful campus, and it is a great school to attend. I am proud to be a Lancer, because there are countless clubs and organizations here, there are spirit events, the academics are of great quality, and campus life is fun and entertaining. I chose Worcester State because the smaller classroom setting was a perfect match for me, because I learn better with a smaller class size, where the teacher can help me personally if I am struggling.

Renee

I've really enjoyed my first two years at Worcester State. Most of my professors have been pretty good. Classes aren't too easy or too difficult. No big lectures except for a couple of nursing classes. I would highly recommend being in the honors program if you get accepted into it. They do a lot of free trips and will give you money if you want to study abroad or do research. Dowden hall is too loud, Sheehan is too antisocial, Chandler Village is falling apart, but Wasylean hall is great. The food is pretty bad at times, but it's like that at most colleges. You're always going to find at least something that's edible and that's good enough for me. We're not super party-centric, but it's there if you want it from Thursday-Saturday. If you're not into partying, the late-night lancers on Thursday nights are fun and well attended.