Los Angeles, CA
American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles

Adrianna

I am not yet attending the American Academy of Dramatic Arts just yet but I have been impressed by them in previous months. For instance, I attended a theatre conference in which one of the instructors were teaching there. I attended the workshop and within an hour, she was able to teach me so much. I learned how important physicalization is to theatre. In addition to, I learned some basic tools and techniques that can make it easier to characterize how a character moves which is really significant to me as an actress.

Yessica

The American Academy of Dramatic Arts is a wonderful conservatory. I was able to learn and grow so much as an actor and as an individual. Now, I can free myself creatively and let go of the inner judge. I'm having fun with what I'm doing and I've noticed such a huge progress since I've moved to Los Angeles and started this full-time program. The most valuable thing I've learned so far was to trust and to be truthful. It sounds so simple, but it's actually hard work. The teachers are tough, but kind and patient. I've had the chance to meet my best friends here and I'm having the best time of my life. It definitely was the best choice I've ever made and I'm so happy about it.

gretter

There's so much to be said about AADA but let me start with how absolutely amazing the education here his. The teachers are highly trained professionals with massive amounts of experience under their belts and are focused on each individual student's growth. I couldn't have asked for a better school to be a part of.

Gordon

I would for one tell myself to get a job a whole lot sooner and to start saving money because college is not free! But more importantly I'd tell myself to have confidence in myself instead of doubting myself. I spent to much time thinking well I wasted too much time my gpa is too low now I won't ever get in to a college. I would just let myself know that I can accomplish anything i set my mind on but I have to be willing to work for it. I would tell myself dreams are possible but you have to work for them. Oh and I’d make sure I don't spend my graduation money on those delicious chipolte burritos!

Someone who is closed minded or not very open. This is for someone who wants to express their creativity through a performing art. So if you don't feel comfotable singing, dancing, or acting in front of people I wouldn't go to ADMA.

About all the people who have graduated from AMDA. Noteably the pop star Jason derulo as well as actors off the hit show modern family and actors in broadway productions such as kinky boots, Book of mormon, and the new production of Les Miserables.

Janea

I would tell myself that your cant controll everything that goes on in your life but you do have controll over is the out come of your life and where you will be in the next 5-10 years stay postive and focused despite all the adversity and to be comfortable with your self and who you are stop worrying about being tough and fitting in and that you have your whole life to find love so put your dreams first and love yourself in order for you to help any of your friends or family you have to help your self first so walk with forgivness and dont live in your past you dont want to let it hold you back

Im enrolled for this fall so im still curious

Christopher

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self about going to college, I would first start by saying to just go. For a long time one of the biggest things keeping me from college was the thought that I had to know what I wanted to do. I would tell myself to at least work on a simple associate of arts in general education. This would have had the double effect of making me a more valuable employee for the jobs I held anyway as well as fast tracking any decisions I made at a later time. I would also tell myself to try more things and get involved. While I have done all this now, I would have had a greater breadth of experiences on which to draw on and make decisions.

Katarina

There are so many things you could have done, you could have accomplished, and that you could have been able to do. The courage is there, the personality is there, and you as a person are perfectly capable. Don’t be so confused or scared of what’s to come because you can do it, you’ll push through and you'll be able to do it. Remember those two guys you turned down? You had the guts to date them. You will and always have had that confidence to take control. Never be afraid of yourself. Remember all those people you talked to or tried to talk to you, all those people you refused to talk to? You could’ve kept them. You could've had more people in your tiny social network. I wish you could have realized that. I wish you could have been stronger and more confident. Remember the impending doom of the word college and continued education? You can take control of that. You could be more strategic. Apply for scholarships, be productive, and plan on top of planning. Don’t be afraid to grow up just be ready. Prepare yourself. You are amazing.

Kimmie

I would tell myself to be fearless. Don't hold anything back and take risks. Maybe it's okay to take a fun elective or try something you have never done before. It's okay if you mess up, that's how you learn. Remember that you don't need to know all the answers now, it's okay to ask for help. You can't expect to know everything and it is okay to feel vulerable sometimes. Keep going, follow what you know is right, and don't ever be afraid.

I love it's location and living the big city life. It is a good place to start off on your own in life, and a great place to explore as a young adult.

Melanie

To my highschool self, I know that you feel overwhelmed and stressed about graduating and about college. Take a deep breath and take one step at a time. Don't hold back anything. Continue with taking college classes and study hard. Even though it may be hard have faith in yourself that you can acheive anything. College is stressful, hard, and amazing. You meet new people and learn new things. College assignments and projects are a lot more harder than high school. As long as you give yourself time to study and to enjoy life you will succeed no matter how many people try to put you down. To my highschool self, enjoy your last year in highschool. Have fun and create many memories, you will look back at them in college and smile. Always remember even though your life as being in high school is coming to an end just think of college as a new adventure, a new learning expieriance, and a place where you can start anew. Good Luck and see you soon!

American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.