Auburn University at Montgomery Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Auburn University at Montgomery

Ashanti

The first time i had ever visited AUM was for a graduation. I seen how all of the graduates congratulated each other happily. So I applied thinking I would not get in because my ACT was to low. But I applied, got in, and took a tour that was resourceful. I must say Auburn University at Montgomery is a awesome college. I encourage people to go there if they have your major that you ant o pursue.

Raven

This school has a lot of diversity. There are many cultures on campus. The campus can feel like high school all over again. There are many events on campus. People try to make friends here but I to come an because can be a little hard. Greeks are on the yard.

Kia

I love Auburn University because it's small. The class sizes are small, which is what I love the most. It's a stop and go university. You stop for your degree and you move on in life. The professors know everyone's name within that small time frame we have their class or make the effort to know. There's not much to get involved in due to them picking certain people. They are very selective. If you don't have any connection chances are you won't be chosen to participate in anything. But overall it's a great school and the professors make the experience amazing and personable.

JaKecia

My overall opinion of Auburn University at Montgomery is that the university is very laid back. If you are in introverted person it will not be very hard for you to make friends on campus because 9x out of 10 you will find someone there that shares the same interests as you. The grounds and facilities are always kept clean. Many people encountered are friendly and willing to strike up a conversation.

Ricketha

My overall opinion of Auburn University at Montgomery is that this college is a prestige establishment for secondary education. I have learned so much in my short time here at AUM. I have not only learned academically but I have blossomed socially and taken the chance to learn about new cultures. AUM promotes the students to interact with one another and get to know the faculty members, creating bonds with others. There is a plethora of activities offered on campus, however, I have to say my favorite place on campus is the Warhawk Alley. I am fond of this area because it is a place that my peers and I are able to meet new people and socialize in our free time. Available in the Warhawk Alley is a gaming station, pool table, ping pong, and much more. While AUM has it's pros, it also has its cons. My least favorite thing about Auburn University is the food variety. Although I can be a picky eater, I feel that AUM does not offer adequate food to sustain a healthy diet. I am not a person to eat pizza and french fries often so I am stuck with the latter options. From being a student at AUM, I have learned that getting involved on campus is the key to being successful in all areas as a student. Not only do I meet new people but I gain advantages and experience. Joining clubs allows me to get involved and meet new people. Forming bonds with my peers gave me the sense of belonging here at AUM, giving me the feeling that this is home. I have made a plethora of new friends in my first semester here. Some I have met through being a member in the ISA (International Student Association). Others I have met just from going to events on campus. Just going to classes and going back to the dorm room will not suffice when striving for an above average college experience. It takes a lot of effort on your part in making college exciting and enjoyable. Auburn University at Montgomery has taught me that getting out of my comfort zone and enjoying my time here, as I learn what is the best path for my future. While I will not remember a portion of what I will study, I will be able to take with me the relationships I have and will make with many peers and professors.

Summer

Auburn University at Montgomery is an excellent College that challenged and exposed me to other cultures and activities. In additional the facility was excellent for my field of study. I was able to experience different tools and skills at off campus labs in Alabama.

Teva

AUM is a great school. We do not have a football team, but we are very supportive of our basketball and soccer teams. This is not a party campus, but we enjoy fun in the near by areas. AUM offers many opportunities to be a part of an organization and even community service to all students. It can seem like a boring school to some, but to really experience the full aspects of AUM one must get involved.

kwenela

Overall decent school, it is not very active and groups across the school are to themselves. People are nice and talkative and the curriculum is very informative and intellectual. If you are into big colleges, big games, greek life, and good old college fun this is not the place. If you want to just focus on your studies in a chill environment this would be like home.

Beautiful

I hate it and other people should definitely be more realistic when it comes to posting reviews for other potential students to read. If you have an opportunity to attend another university, then take my advice and go there. This school is not worth your money or time. If you are strongly considering attending this school, visit the campus and make it your goal to reach out to other students (i. e. Juniors and Seniors) and ask them questions regarding this school. Campus tours orchestrated by schools are not realistic so try to visit on a regular day. Students will definetly be more honest with other potential students on a one on one basis.

Taren

This is a really great school! Yes, it is a small school but its amazing. There is always something to do. There are many housing choices. The campus also has many resources for help such as tutoring, counseling and people who actually respond to their emails. The campus is also fairly easy to navigate.

sophie

I have never had a problem communicating with one of my professors, it has a quad which is very enjoyable. I have met a lot of students through AUM. The student atmosphere is very friendly and very lively, I haven't met one rude person yet. I love it there! And it's local!

Allison

I love the school. I am happy that this is where I chose to go. The class sizes are perfect, not too big and I am comfortable with talking to the professors. The only complaint I have is about the food, but I am able to cook meals in my dorm so it is not the big of a concern.

Madison

Auburn University at Montgomery is a spectacular school. It's attendees are very diverse, and there is a large group of exchange students. The faculty and staff are 100 percent there for the student and are extremely helpful. There are also many things to do off campus as well from exploring downtown Montgomery, to traveling to an Auburn football game on Saturdays. The professors are amazing and very helpful, they definitely want their students to succeed. Overall, attending AUM was one of the best decisions I've made and I am so glad to call my self a Warhawk!

Sidney

Auburn University at Montgomery or AUM for short, has been an experience of a lifetime. I have made so many friends and there is always something to do. We don't have school on Fridays. So you get an extra day to not worry about getting up early. Housing is a blast. and the Nest is definitely the hang out spot for Gamers and Anime Lovers. I can honestly say; I feel at home here.

Thinh

A little above average

Cassidy

My overall opinion of AUM is that its a beautiful and bright campus to be apart of. I'll be attending AUM this year in the fall and i'm really looking forward to it. The community there is amazing and the people are so nice. AUM is a great and wonderful college.

Yakira

It is amazing. The campus is amazing. We are almost like a big family. It is a small campus. There are not any community bathrooms which is amazing. Everyone has there own privacy at all times. The advisors are always available. It is just awesome. There are many fun things to do within the surrounding areas of the campus. I would recommend this college to everyone.

Kelly

The faculty and staff are amazing and will work with you and your schedule. The on-campus housing is phenomenal. Like all colleges and universities, there are a few RA's (residential assistants) who only pop by once a month for the room checks. Overall, the majority of RA's are wonderful people who become friends with the students in their dorms quickly. In between classes, there is plenty to do, for instance: Every Wednesday from 11:30-1:00 the BCM serves lunch for two dollars. If you really can't find anything to do, the wellness center is always an option. If you prefer shopping to working out, lucky you, the best shopping district in all of Montgomery (and the three surrounding counties) is less than five minutes from campus. Auburn University Montgomery is a school worth every penny, and every ounce of effort you will put into passing your classes. One of my favorite things about the school is the small class sizes. With most classes having a 25:1 student-teacher ratio, AUM is not much bigger than most high school class sizes. This and the many other reasons to love the beautiful campus, make AUM the perfect starter or transition school from high school to college.

Kia

Overall it’s really just a commute and leave school. Stop by get your degree and keep pumping. They are really picky about organization, which is understandable but damn give the new people a chance, so they can put something on their resume. Or at least provide something for the freshman that secret students can join that’s not based on gpa all the time.

lauren

AUM has without a doubt, the best academics in all of Alabama but does lack one crucial characteristic; diversity. This school can represent so much more than an academically inclined university. But yet, they still have the same outlook as they did when they originally opened the school in 1967. Obviously, many things have evolved since then and so should the fundamental ideals of the school itself.

LyAnne

Auburn University of Montgomery excels in academics by keeping small class rooms so each student gains the best education from the professors. The college tries to bring internships and opportunities to their students to help build their resume while they are going through their studies.

Chase

I like it. It's a very average college. There are some things to do off campus but on campus all anyone ever does is go to class. Some people participate but most just keep to themselves. It's bigger than a community college but not so big that it's hard to monitor by police or learn where everything is.

Margaret

I love Auburn University at Montgomery! The only issue I would recommend taking a look at is the attitudes of many of the cafeteria workers! I have had a few unpleasant experiences with them! Overall, the campus is great! The professors are great! They really care about you and if you’re learning or not!

Auburn University at Montgomery offers a variety of activities for students to participate in even if you do not live on campus. The campus is extremely diverse which leads to learning about different cultures and religions. You always have someone new to talk to which leads to becoming friends with very diverse people! There is always something to do on campus and it is always something that is fun with new people. This campus allows students to make organizations that they want and it allows for growth and opportunity in the workforce and daily life.

Tamia

My name is Tamia Bivins, and I am a freshman at Auburn University Montgomery. The environment on campus is amazing, there is always something to do here! The professors actually care about you and your grades, they want you to pass. If you ever need any help they are always there for you, especially with their "Open Door Policy". There are plenty of student services here on campus in case you are in need of something. The campus is clean and for the most part quite, until we have our campus events. The food here is great, and the services here are really helpful. We are a very diverse campus, we are judgement free, tobacco free and we are a very welcoming campus. This is where we call home so we invite you to come join us and be a fellow Warhawk!

Desiree

AUM is a very good school. They just need to change their grading system to make it better for students . Students shouldn’t be required to make a C or higher to pass a class because some subjects especially math is hard for people including myself .

Evontae

I like the school it could just be improved in different but multiple ways. I wish there was a more diverse Greek life opportunity. I wish there were more campus activities. Maybe even some more sports opportunities. But i like the learning environment.

R

Overall, I love Auburn University at Montgomery. It is just small enough that the class sizes are manageable and the professors are available to help at most all times. Anyone can fit in at AUM. It is a diverse community full of varying beliefs, opinions, and lifestyles. We all learn from each other inside and outside of the classroom.

James

Auburn University at Montgomery is not only a great school, it’s a clean and safe environment. Professors are always willing to help in and out of classes. Campus police are always one call away to help with any problems you have going on at the campus.

Auburn University at Montgomery is a unique place. Some people love it here as others cannot stand it. I attend this University and I am involved with athletics. The athletic program as a whole is not very competitive. Culturally you need to fit in or else you will not strive here. The academics have not been a challenge here. Most of the professors here are laid back and not too strict. On campus, the facilities are a hit or miss. Some of the buildings are very nice while others are outdated and old. My experience has been a perfect storm of event's here. There are many other Universities that are better than this one.

Sierra

I absolutely love it

Brianna

I feel that this is a good school. Only changes I would make would be the cafe food. There aren’t many options and it’s basically the same thing everyday. Other than that, every one is friendly and takes their academics seriously. We have a great gym and the dorms are ok. Some are a little out dated and need upgrades.

Chelsea

I loved my experience at AUM. Got a university experience with smaller class sizes and great involvement from the professors. Smaller campus so you don’t get too overwhelmed. There are plenty of resources available, such as tutoring, counseling, wellness center, student health center (which I HIGHLY recommend), and many others to make your experience the best that it could be. My one compliant would probably be the food in the cafferteria, but other than that it was a great school and I really enjoyed my four years there.

Tranice

It has always been my dream school from looks to education wise and it still is. AUM is the best college overall to me. It focuses on education most importantly but it also gets a A plus when it comes to student participation and having fun.

tityana

Auburn of Montgomery is not super big but it is not small. Walking to different building you will get a work out. If you do not have a car there is a transit that will take you places like to Walmart, Wells Fargo, and the movie theater. There are plenty of clubs to join on campus.

Brianna

AUM is a thriving university that strives to please its students through their thoughts and opinions. The diversity is great and growing as well as the number of students and activities. Everything is state-of-the-art from the campus, to the professors, to the classrooms. The class sizes are small which means you have the opportunity to create an strong relationship with your professors, something that is not often found at larger universities. My experiences with a little over half of my professors has been great. The majority of the educators here want to help you succeed and will often set time aside from their own schedule to help with any questions you have for them. The new Wellness Center is equipped with a pool (both indoor and outdoor), plenty of treadmills and elliptical, and a wide variety of free weights and machines. Overall, I am enjoying my experience here.

Jatoria

I believe Auburn University at Montgomery is a wonderful school. I’m so happy to be going there. I will be a joyous experience and opportunity. I feel safe in knowing my education is in good hands. The dorms are fantastic and you have a keycard so it’s really safe. And the food is amazing.

Kashanah

I love Auburn University at Montgomery. AUM is a family school. I advise many people to come here. The campus is very clean and safe. The faculty and staff always have a smile on their face and are willing to help you with anything. They are also there to help you with any questions you may have. I really feel like I am home here. The school is a quiet place as well. It is not a party school which I also love. The school also hosts tons of events for students to engage in and make new friends. The professors are also very helpful.

Jordan

It is an exceptionally friendly school the atmosphere is some place I know I will be able to succeed.

Briana

There isn’t a dull moment at AUM because there is always something to do. Even though we have a small campus there is plenty of diversity and great opportunity that you could meet someone new everyday. We don’t have football but we do have spently of other sports and Chick-fil-A available at the cafe every Friday so that is a plus. Finally, my last three loves about my campus is that there is free laundry and no class on Fridays and how easy tutoring is to access on campus.

Andrea

My overall opinion of Auburn University at Montgomery is that it is an amazing school. The professors are very friendly and so is the staff. There are many activities on campus that lets the students get involved. It is in a great area, and you have many places to visit around the school. AUM is a fun,friendly, and a great learning environment.