Kansas City, MO
Avila University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Avila University

vincent

The biggest suggestion I would make to myself is to take my time. Plenty of people start college right out of high school due to pressure from friends and family or simply to stay up with school work ethic. It took me a while to choose my major (Radiology) and I had to be sure before I chose it. I only wish that I had not wasted so much time in persuing a career that I wasn't ready for. College is a privalege and an amazing one at that. It should not be wasted. Slow down, enjoy your studies, enjoy the school environment, and focus on what you want to do in the future and start right away to secure the means to gain the things you've always wanted.

Stacey

The best people that I have ever met in my life, and will leave a great, lasting impression!

I would first tell myself that everything gets better and slightly easier. So take a deep breath. High school brought along many ups and downs. Just shake it all off and keep moving forward. College will be an unforgetable time in your life. It will bring many oportuinties and experiences that you have to hold on to. Everyone wants to see you succeed even when it doen't seem like it sometimes. The college professors push you because they really do care and can see the potential and talent that you have when you don't see it. Be patient with yourself and others. There will be times when you don't think you will succeed, but don't give up, and remember that no one is perfect. Starting off in at a new school in a different state is scary, but you are strong, smart, and will greet anyone with a smile. So let thoses be your strong points, and great things will happen.

It has litterally took me forever to think a simple answer to this question. I have come to the conclusion that I think I knew was the answer since the beginning. The worst thing about my school? My answer is surprisingly, nothing! It is hard sometimes for students to find a school that fits them, and I am lucky that Avila University was my perfect fit. I could not have asked for a better place to expand my education and my career/goals in life! Surrounded my students and teachers that have one goal: Life long success!

Maggie

Avila university is a small, welcoming community that allows each student to thrive, and the faculty here is really friendly and wants to help each student learn; you can tell they aren't just here because it's a job!

This is my first semester as a college student, and wow, there's just so much to say. For starters, I've learned how to live on my own and it has really helped me become closer to my family because I don't see them as much. College is such a different experience than high school is, it helps students grow up and really understand that this is the real deal...we're on our own know. I've also been taught a lot, classes are so much more difficult than high school classes; but I've actually learned things! It's like all of a sudden you can't just waltz through classes anymore, you really have to try and take the time to really study. This has taught me so much, including that if I try I can accomplish so much more than I thought possible of myself. This has been one the the hardest, but best, experiences of my life. If i would have chosen not to attend college, I don't believe I ever would have realized how much I can do with my life.

At Avila University, I would have to say that the campus food is the worst part about it. So if you're going to come here you can't be a picky eater or you better be ready to do some shopping of your own!

December

I would tell myself to apply for every scholarship and grant that i could. College is very expensive when you pay for it out of pocket. I would also tell myself to be responsible and not get behind on assignments; in high school, its easier to catch up if you miss a day or two but in colloge missing one day is like missing a whole year.

The worst thing about my school is the wifi system because some of the computers dont work connect with the printers which is an inconvenience when your in a hurry to print an assignment

A person who enjoys close relationships with other students and learning in a small environment.

Mollie

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would reassure myself that college life was going to be everything that I had expected and hoped for it to be. I love college and my transition was very smooth. My biggest anxiety about coming to school was that I was very close to my friends from high school and while I am an outgoing person I worried about not finding a good group of friends at school. In giving my high school self advice I would tell myself to quit worrying because I would find a fabulous group of friends; the bonds that I will make with my college friends is deeper and are more comparable to bonds that are seen within a family. I am so blessed to have my school family and having a strong school family can truely make all the difference in a college experience. My Avila Family makes my college experience the best time ever and that is what I would tell myself to look the most forward to.

The worst thing about my school is that they are not the best at communicating to students the specifics to move in days at the beginning of the year and telling us when the dorms open again after breaks, so we know the exact day we can come back.

A person that does not like very personal relationships should not attend this school. You are not just another face in the crowd at Avila, so if that is what they are looking for then Avila is definately not the school for them.

Valerie

A close-knit and caring university where the students are pushed to their full potentional and maybe a little more.

Avila is most well known for their nursing program, it is also mistaken for a women only university, but it hasn't been so for about 20 years. However, the nursing program is still thriving.

Since I originally was apprehensive about going to a four year school, I would tell myself not to worry and I will do fine! Something that I might change is to go to a school where I could afford to live on campus as I am living at home still, because of the cost of tuition.

Danielle

It was small and personable. The teachers really cared about the students.

It was small and personable. The teachers really cared about the students.

Make sure you get a good roomate. You don't need as much stuff as you think for your dorm room.

I wish I would have known how mcuh fun I was going to have. I love it here.

Alec

Avila is a small, yet fun place to learn.

Avila is a small, yet fun place to learn.

Choosing a college is hard. Not only for you, but for everyone. While some might think they know exactly where they want to go, they might end up discovering that their dream wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Be experimental! Look at those schools you might not give a second glance to. Plenty awaits those who are willing to branch out. When you find that school, or even if you just settle for one, make the most of it. Talk to people, get involved, and don't forget your flip flops in the dorm showers!

Almost anyone would feel comfortable attending Avila University.

I think you know the right college for you once you visit the campus. Money, yes is an obstical, should not matter in you decision because if the cheapest school is not right for you then you will not enjoy the college experience. Keep your options open because that is the fun part.

Someone who wants their teachers to rememeber their name and actually care about their academic progress.

You never hardly use the books you buy for classes. I have only used about three of my books all year out of like eight.

I would tell them to chose wisely. Don't chose a school based on it's big name, because I didn't and I am very happy that I chose a smaller school so that I had a better chance of really getting to know my professors and as well them getting to know me. I would also advise them to get a head start on financial assitance if it is needed so that they do not have the stress of finding ways to pay for college.

A person who is very accepting of others. Someone who is very outgoing and is focused on getting through college with a good experiance. Avila university is well rounded and focuses on hard work and the professors wan thier students to achieve, so a student who likes one on one time with thier professors would really like this University.

I dont think that there is any kind of person that would not fit in here at Avila University. There is a very diverse group of people who attend Avila and veryone is very accepting of each other, and everyone gets along really well.

Avila University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.