Kansas City, MO
Avila University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Avila University

Valerie

A close-knit and caring university where the students are pushed to their full potentional and maybe a little more.

Avila is most well known for their nursing program, it is also mistaken for a women only university, but it hasn't been so for about 20 years. However, the nursing program is still thriving.

Since I originally was apprehensive about going to a four year school, I would tell myself not to worry and I will do fine! Something that I might change is to go to a school where I could afford to live on campus as I am living at home still, because of the cost of tuition.

Danielle

It was small and personable. The teachers really cared about the students.

It was small and personable. The teachers really cared about the students.

Make sure you get a good roomate. You don't need as much stuff as you think for your dorm room.

I wish I would have known how mcuh fun I was going to have. I love it here.

Alec

Avila is a small, yet fun place to learn.

Avila is a small, yet fun place to learn.

Choosing a college is hard. Not only for you, but for everyone. While some might think they know exactly where they want to go, they might end up discovering that their dream wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Be experimental! Look at those schools you might not give a second glance to. Plenty awaits those who are willing to branch out. When you find that school, or even if you just settle for one, make the most of it. Talk to people, get involved, and don't forget your flip flops in the dorm showers!

Almost anyone would feel comfortable attending Avila University.

I think you know the right college for you once you visit the campus. Money, yes is an obstical, should not matter in you decision because if the cheapest school is not right for you then you will not enjoy the college experience. Keep your options open because that is the fun part.

Someone who wants their teachers to rememeber their name and actually care about their academic progress.

You never hardly use the books you buy for classes. I have only used about three of my books all year out of like eight.

I would tell them to chose wisely. Don't chose a school based on it's big name, because I didn't and I am very happy that I chose a smaller school so that I had a better chance of really getting to know my professors and as well them getting to know me. I would also advise them to get a head start on financial assitance if it is needed so that they do not have the stress of finding ways to pay for college.

A person who is very accepting of others. Someone who is very outgoing and is focused on getting through college with a good experiance. Avila university is well rounded and focuses on hard work and the professors wan thier students to achieve, so a student who likes one on one time with thier professors would really like this University.

I dont think that there is any kind of person that would not fit in here at Avila University. There is a very diverse group of people who attend Avila and veryone is very accepting of each other, and everyone gets along really well.

Alli

My classmates are supportive, friendly, and crazy!

My classmates are supportive, friendly, and crazy!

Finding the right college for the field you're going into is the most important thing a student can do. A school with emphasis on the field you're going into will have more support and resources to help you through. Remember, you are at school to learn and make a future for yourself. STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! It is important to apply yourself completely, but don't overload yourself. Always remember to laugh and have fun! Find the balance between, school work, class, friends, work, sports, I know it seems hard but its possible, I did it and I couldn't be happier. Always strive to be the best at what you do because remember, you write your own future.

It is so small that everyone knows everyones business since I live on campus. It makes it very hard to have my own life and live like an individual. Living on campus has definitely made me more stressed and frustrated.

lucas

I would want them to find something that is going to give them the biggest advantage in finding a job. Career placement is the most practical and valuable thing to look for in a college. The social life should always come second to school, because the purpose is to learn. The school i am going to has a good network of people in the field that are available for advice and guidance.

the work load is very intense and that having a job while going to school is very difficult.

The course work is very practicle. we do a lot of hands on learning via the lab and in the classroom. the teachers are very engaging and class participation is a must.

Derrick

Make sure its the college you really want to attend because if it is not, it will be hard to move back and forth to different schools. Try not to take everything on all at once. Don't panic just take it easy but not too lackadaisical.

I wish i had known how small this school was before i came here. It is still a good school

People that want one on one attention should attend this school. The teachers are here for you they stay after school to help you out.

David

Avila University is an intimate enviornment striving towards the success of its students.

The class sizes are perfect, not too many people, yet enough to have good group discussions. There is always something going on as far as student related activities such as stress relief week for the students which include massages from professionals. Everyone here is geared toward working with and for the students, helping us get through this experience without losing our sanity.

The advice I would give to parents and or students in finding the right fit for a college and making the most of their college experience would be to put aside what their friends do and where they go because at the end of the day, the students are responsible for what happens in class and are responsible for their final grades. Friends are a great thing to have and should not be taken lightly but these times in college are the now or never phase in young people?s life. I?ve seen some of my friends not attend college and are now working menial jobs just trying to pay rent and I?ve also seen older people who do the same and can only figure that they have been doing this their entire lives. That?s not the road I wish to follow and that is my inspiration, I can only hope your inspiration will carry you to choose the right decision for you.

Avila University offers a welcoming, all-inclusive small school experience while preparing its students life-after college.

At Avila University, the staff and faculty are truly interested in me as an individual. They want to know what I'm interested in, why I'm in their class, what I plan to do with my college education.

Parents, make sure you do not push a school onto your child. Let them look, visit, and decide on their own. With that being said, they still need you to help them look at all the details of a school to see if it is the right fit. A little bit of motivation does not hurt either, to make sure your student is actively looking a pursuing a college education at a place that stays true to their beliefs, learning styles, and interests. Students, go visit all the schools that you possibly can, and maybe even spend the night on campus. It is impossible to make an informed decision based on pictures, brochures, and phone conversations. If you're interested in a school's program, go visit and meet the professors, it is the only way to truly make a choice. There is a lot to be said for a school to have all the programs and activities that interest you, and once you visit and meet students from that school, then you can officially decide if that school is the best college for you!

Avila University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.