Wilson, NC
Barton College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barton College

Jaron

The best thing about my school is the size. I love the smallness of the campus. Also, the professors are always there when you need them.

I have learned to manage my time way more. This has been valuable because I am a better person and student for this.

The wost thing about my school is there is only one 24-hour computer lab. This is bad because if all the computers are taken and I need to use a computer I cannot get on one and the building is locked at 11 0'clock.

Ashly

I grew up in a small town, and i recently moved to long beach for school. I have learned so much in these last few months, and i feel like college has made me grow into my own person. Comming from a small town you could say i was a bit sheltered, moving to the city has been a whirwind experience and i have loved every minute of it. I have delt with many new challenges both tramatizing and exciting and i'm looking forward to more challenges whether they are good or bad. I know that no matter what i go through or have already endured that i will just continue to gain strength and my own self identity. College has introduced me to many new people that i will hold close to me for the rest of my life. My roommate is a influential girl that has a great time but knows what she wants in life and is directed towards her goals. I have learned a lot from her alone and hope to meet more inspiring people along this wonderful journey. I would be so greatful if you would consider me for this opportunity.

My college experince has helped me to interact with others. I have learned that some people are more difficult to deal with, but you must see pass that. I interact with others everyday because I am majoring in athletic training and I must help those who are injured or ill. I am glad to have chosen a collge that allowed me to have hands-on experince and introduction classes during my first semester. I use to be a very shy person and I am becoming more outgoing every day by meeting new people. I really feel a part of my campus especially because I am now a member of gospel choir,dance team, and athletic training club. I also work on campus as an orientation leader. The courses that I have taken allowed me to learn a lot, but I value the education because I worked hard during my high school career and I love to learn.

I wish that I would have known all the expenses that came along with my college education. There were times when I had to pay for books out of pocket after being in a class for weeks. I thought that the parking permits were in with my tuition, but when I looked online it was charged onto my account. I also wish that I knew that if there were refund checks from a balance in your account; the checks are not given to you immediately.

My school is that it is somewhat lonely on the weekends because most students go home every weekend. There usually are not many activities going on during the weekend. Sharing a laundry room with an entire hall can get very choatic especially if you are in the all-female dorm. The cafeteria does not have the best food especially on the weekends. At a smaller school you may have the same classes with the same people most of the day. People begin to hang out with the same cliques. Some students are not willing to meet new people.

Morgan

Barton College is an all around great college.

Barton College is an all around great college.

Barton College is known for its sports.

I would tell myself to pick the right friends. And to study. That is the best thing todo while in college.

Meghan

My classmates are determined youth, striving for a better life full of excellence and potential.

My school is smaller than most colleges. This is an advantage for most college students because it gives them the opportunity to suceed by taking advantage of the close relationships that are made possible between classmates and teachers. Teachers at Barton College take time with their students to make sure they understand and feel comfortable with in-class material. This creates for less confusion and allows more chances for excelling in academics.

If I could go back to give advice to my younger self, I would have a lot to say. Mainly, I would tell myself that high school is not the most important thing. The friends you make in college will be the ones that you will keep in touch with throughout life. It is hard to adjust to the college life-style but the most important thing is choosing a college that fits you. Pick a school that you know will give you the best advantage for succeeding later in life, whether it be a large or small environment. Remember to stay organized. Organization and time management skills are important keys to excelling in challenging courses. College classes are unlike high school classes. Teachers will not constantly remind you to do homework or remind you of upcoming tests. It is up to you to look after your best interests. Act responsibly but do not forget to enjoy the experience. Have fun and participate in campus activities. Getting involved in your school is the best way to make friends and learn more about adjusting to college life. Lastly, don't worry. Everything is gonna be just fine so enjoy the ride!

Jeremy

My school is best known for Basketball and Nursing. Our school Basketball team won the 2007 Division II NCCA Championship. It was amazing watching the last couple of minutes of how it was won.

Looking back, I would suggest to myself, "Stay on top of your work at all times. If you don't work you don't eat. Stay focused on your goals and keep your eyes on the prize. Don't compromise with procrastination or distractions. That does not mean that you can't have a break or have time to have fun, but remember what you are there for."

When talking about my school, I always brag about the classroom sizes. I do not feel like a "just a number." Whenever I have a question, I feel comfortable enough to ask it in front everyone without worrying about they think about me. The classroom sizes are definitely a plus.

ginger

The only thing I would change is I would have started back to school about ten years earlier than I did. I knew what I wanted to do after high school and actually got my associates degree in criminal justice. At the time social work was only offered during the day. I have to work. During the time between starting to school I worked and did a lot of volunteer work in social work areas. The experience gave me more of a realistic perspective , that I actuall did want to further my education in social work. I believe things work out when they are supposed to.

I wish I had already completed the required math. I say this because, it is going to take me longer to graduate. However I will managege it someway. I like Barton school very much. Another leading factor is I desparately need to work while I am doing my internship. If I can't work, I may not be able to complete my degree, because I have to pay my bills. Some things have been explained by the school about the internship, but some areas are shady. I have faith in God all will be okay.

The factor I like the best is we take the same amount of work as a full time student and finish a trimester in seven weekends. It is stessful but completed before you realize it. Another important factor is a student must have a decent grade point average to be accepted. I view this as an exception because it is not my age but determination to reach my goal. I still have to endear hardships, but the sacrifice will be worth it.

Kimberly

My classmates are interactive and give helpful advice when needed.

My classmates are interactive and give helpful advice when needed.

Always do the best you can with what you have, where you are because you never know where it might lead you. There are connections everywhere and you never know where you may end up. Make your choices based off of what you want instead of what someon else wants. It's your life and you only live once. Try to save up as much money as you can, so you have something saved up after graduation.

I think the worst thing at this school is that a lot of people that go here are local, or home for them is 2 to 3 hours away. The majority of students go away on the weekends, leaving the rest of us with nothing at school. There is not much going on during the weekends except sporting events and parties.

Lindsey

In country music singer Brad Paisley's words,"If I could write a letter to me," I would definately tell myself not to be worried or scared of the college experience. I had so many people tell me to buckle down and be ready for non stop studying and paper writing. Yes, studying and paper writing is a part of college life, but college is more about learning and discovering more about yourself and your abilities to get a job done. In high school, teachers were constantly reminding students to do their work, etc., but in college, students must complete the job themselves if they want to succeed. I enjoy this because a student usually ends up in a class that is full of students that are ready to learn. High school students do not need to fear college or the college experience, they need to look forward to learning more about themselves and entering this new phase of their lives.

I wish our school had a football team. My high school did not have a football team and I wish that my college did. Also, I wish the college had an agriculture program. I grew up on a farm and I work with animals and I would have liked to continue learning.

I love the small school feel. At Barton College I am a student and not just a number. The curriculum is just as good at a large university, but with hands on learning and help from the professors. The professors are there to help you succeed and not just pass a class. The college campus makes you feel at home with the large shady trees and the brick pathways. I enjoy Barton College and I am glad I chose it.

Phylicia

Nursing,Basketball, Small Environment

Nursing,Basketball, Small Environment

Some advice I would give about finding the right college is to visit the campus, talk to admission counselors, go to some of the campus events before enrolling in the college. Try to talk to students who went to the college before and stay in contact with the business office because they handle alot of your information. Also attend orientation because you get to meet alot of people in your class. To make the most of the college experience talk to your professors, don't br afraid to ask questions, and get to know your peers. Also participate in campus events and trips. Overall college is what you make out of it but overall don't forget to study, eat properly, and get plenty of sleep. Also use campus resources such as writing center, computer labs, health center, and counseling if needed.

The dorms are not the best especially for the price each student pay per yr.

Barton College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.