Wilson, NC
Barton College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barton College

Cat

Barton College is unique compared to other schools I visited such as North Carolina State University, and University of North Carolina at Wilmington, because at Barton College I'm not just a number in a classroom. My professors know my name and strive to make sure that I'm getting the education that I need to succeed in the real world. Barton is smaller than most state schools, but way bigger than a community college. If I had gone to NCSU or UNCW, I know that I wouldn't have been as involved as I am at Barton.

Although selecting the college of your choice may seem easy, it can be very difficult. I found myself struggling between three colleges of my choice, but am so glad with the decision I made. The best advice I can give to anyone who is having trouble or is curious on how to choose the right college, is to tour the campus and ask yourself if you can really see yourself going there. Only you can be the judge of what you truely want in your college experience. The best way to make the most out of your college experience, is to just simply be open to meeting new people and getting involved! Even if you don't play a sport or want to join a fraternity/sorority, there are other options such as intramural sports, clubs, and other campus activities that help bring students together in the college community. Not only will being involved allow you to meet other people, but it will allow you to enjoy your college experience as well.

The worst thing I can think of at Barton College is that if you choose not to live on campus, it will be hard for you to stay in touch with the campus activities such as club fairs, intramural sports, and other campus activities. Barton is a great school and is always experimenting with new ways to make its' students happy. This question is hard to relate to Barton College.

Shekeya

We have a track called the Barton Mile. The Barton Mile is the distance around the school, which is a mile.

When searching for colleges to attend always put education first, then location or social life second. Always pay attention to a schools reputaion when it comes to your major.

Students that like big schools, big communities, and that like to party alot. Barton have a party almost three times or less within two months.

Jonathan

College is what you make it. I had heard this before I went to school from numerous people. I actually found a lot of truth in this statement. A student can make college exciting by making new friends and doing well, or he or she can make college miserable by sitting in his or her dorm room and becoming depressed. My advice for choosing a college is visit the campus and meet the residents of the college. Afterall, the students are the ones that can give you the REAL experiences and background of that particular college. For parents, being supportive of your child's decision of where he or she wants to attend college is critical. I mean in the long run, the child is the one who has to deal with the college for the next four years. Finding the right college is different for everyone, but for me, I knew I wanted a small college and a small professor to student ratio to gain more attention with my studies. These are things that should be thought about previously and researched before choosing a college.

The worst thing about Barton College is it's buildings. Most of the buildings are out-dated and need to some repair work done to them. The dorm rooms are in desperate need of restorations. One of the class buildings needs some repair work done to stop the leaking roof too.

A person that is focused on doing well in college should attend this school. The professors are always available outside of class for questions and concerns. The professors also encourage the students, so it is not hard to be motivated to do your work. This college is also a great school for people who want to learn sign language. We actually have a major in sign language, which helps with the diversity of the school atmosphere.

Be sure to visit the college before you accept the offer to attend or even apply. Make sure that its the type of enivornment that you can succeed in.

The work load because maot professor think that their class is most important

The social activities and the amazing people i met here

Wanda

2008 NCAA Div 2 Men's Basketball Champs

2008 NCAA Div 2 Men's Basketball Champs

Small classes, reasonable tutition, reasonable off campus housing, low crime in area

Visit the campus before deciding, speak with alumi, current students, get max finacial aide,being open minded, thinking outside box, ensure school will meet both academic and personal desires, diverse student and faculty population

Shanet

My advice would be to tour the campus, talk to current students or alumni about their experience, talk with professors in the department in which the student is interested, know what kind of environment is best for the student to learn in, whether it be a big environment or a small environment. I tried a big university and found that it was too big and when I came to a smaller college I was very pleased with my experience a lot better.

The best thing about my school is the fact that the admissions staff was very helpful when I was transferring to Barton. The staff knows the students on a first name basis. I was very amazed when teachers that I had not even spoke personally knew my name. I am very impressed with the closeness of the faculty and the students. It seems to be like a very big family here. There are people from all different walks of life and it is very easy to find the information that you need.

A person that is ready to take school seriously and knows what direction they want to go should attend this school. Also someone that is focused and not distracted easily.

Chris

Our school is best known for our Division II National Basketball Championship.

Our school is best known for our Division II National Basketball Championship.

Make sure you pick a school with a community your child would enjoy. Make sure you know what activities and places there are in the city or town you decide to go to, because that is a huge factor in what your child's going to be doing in their social life while they are there at college.

If you would like to attend a school with small classes and a very small town then you would like it here.

Choosing where you want to go to college at is a very important decision that should not be taken lightly. My advice to all of the students and parents out there searching for the right college is to actually visit and take the time to learn about the good and bad things about each school your interested in. If you know what you want to do or what you want to major in, you should talk to a student who currently attends the college and see what they think about it. Some colleges may look pretty good when your listening to the orientation leaders or counselors, but are not what they seem after they have your money. Secondly, once you are in college it is important to have time management skills to organize yourself and to juggle sports, classes, and your social life. Getting involved in some type of club or organization is the key to meeting people and will help you to make the most of your colege experience while having fun. Don't be afraid to meet new people and to ask for help when you need it.

The best thing about Barton is the fact that there are only 1an average of about 12 to 17 students in my classes. This allows for more one on one student-teacher interation.

Someone who enjoys concentrating on schoolwork instead of having much of a social life because Barton is a "suit case" college, where everyone goes home on the weekends.

You need to research the schools you plan to attend early in advance of applying. Arrange campus visits to get a taste of what the campus looks and feels like to the student.

The small campus. This allows for students to get to know each other better and the professors to offer themselves for more help.

How good my advisor is. She genuinely seems to care about me and my future. My advisor has helped me with some tough stuff at school.

Wanda

That is smal faith based college community.

That is smal faith based college community.

It is small and they contacted me as soon as they received my application for admissions. This single act clearly made me seriously think this is the school for me.

They should visit campus if possible. I am a parent of two children who both attended and graduated from ollege and I feel that because they each visited the schools it enabled them to chose the best school for them. I was not able to visit before deciding but felt comfortable with my decsion and now that I am here I am sure I made the right decision in picking Barton.

Barton College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.