Brandeis University Top Questions

When you step off campus what do you see?

When you step off Brandeis' campus you are on South Street in Waltham. A few stores and restaurants, as well an ATM, are within a few hundred yards of the school on South Street. Gosman, the athletic center, is also across the street. Students don't need to cross the street though, there is a raised walkway. There is also a commuter rail stop right next to campus, which allows students to easily to get to Boston and Logan Airport. South Street is somewhat suburban. There are houses to one side of Brandeis, and a shopping area to the other. The Newton-Waltham hospital is also very close by. In terms of visuals, it depends on the season. In the fall this part of New England is beautiful with all the leaves on the trees changing to a dazzling array of colors. In the winter, the ground and the tree are covered in snow.