Bridgewater State University Top Questions

dawn

I wish I had taken less science courses during the first semester as I had been out of school for a long time. I also wasn't initially very comfortable going to the achievement center to ask for help. I should have focused on a math course with some basic electives for the first semester until I became more comfortable with the requirments of the classes.

Kasey

I wish I had known that getting involved really is important. It not only gets you more educated about the school and the students, it helps you get to know your peers and therefore, develop friendships. Getting involved also looks good on your resume! Also, you may have good ideas that noone has ever thought of, that could be extremely useful. As a college student, it is very important to get involved.

I wish I knew how distant my high school friends would really become, and I wish I knew to be more open-minded at the beginning of my first semester here.

Janine

Before I came to Bridgewater State College, I wish I had known better what living at college would be like. My two older sisters have lived at college before, and I had visited them on their campuses, but I did not get the full feeling of what college is really like. When I got here, I missed home so much, and I did not know how to cope with the change. Luckily, as time went on, I got more used to living on campus.

I wish I had known about the social scene a little bit more. Not only parties, but the groups on campus that put on many of the events for our student body. I tend to be a shy person, so knowing more about what goes on with all the other students before arriving perhaps would have allowed me to meet more people earlier on. It took me a longer time than expected to meet new people, so knowing where the hang out spots are perhaps would have helped that.

I wish I knew how non-helpful the accounting program is/was.

Jilleen

I wish I knew a definite major.

how many things there are too....just get involved it will help you to make friends

The life surrounding this school.

justin

what campus life is like and how money is very very tight

There's not much to do off campus, and the weekends are pretty boring unless you really like to party.

kelley

That getting a drom room would be difficult.

Nothing really. Was well- informed.

I pretty much knew what I was getting into going to Bridgewater. I wasnt positive what I wanted out of college, or for my future for that matter, and I pretty much assumed most kids going here thought the same. I knew it was a largely commuter school but I was looking to live on campus, and that this school had a large and growing on campus population. I knew Bridgewater has been up and coming and have been impressed with the education it had given my sister, and understood this was the best education for the money.