Bryn Mawr College

« See more reviews of Bryn Mawr College

Two of the biggest issues I have with Bryn Mawr are the size (it's a small school) and its location on the main line (you have to drive everywhere and there's not much to do). That being said, the small class sizes are one of the best, and Philly is only a 20 minute train ride away. Another awesome part of campus life are the traditions. We have lantern night, parade night, Hell Week, May Day, and Katharine Hepburn's legacy of skinny dipping in the fountains, not to mention smaller traditions like Senior Row, the Senior Steps and splitting the poles.

Bryn Mawr is a small school, there's no doubt about that. But that's the beauty of it! I chose to come here because of its small and inviting atmosphere. I can get to know my fellow Mawrters better than if I went to a large university where I am simply one amongst thousands. Plus, it's not like we're restricted to our campus. We're close to Philadelphia and there are many colleges nearby. There is plenty of school pride. To come here is a special and unique decision and I feel that just by being a Mawrter ties us together.

Bryn Mawr is a community first and foremost. After your freshman year few can help but feel at home here. The cool thing about Bryn Mawr is you can make it as small or as big as you want. We have a close relationship with Haverford College, sharing classes and some club sports. So if you come to Bryn Mawr you can choose to involve yourself in just Bryn Mawr or you can branch out to Haverford, Swarthmore, and UPenn. (all three of which you can take classes at, Haverford being the easiest to get to)

Overall, I think Bryn Mawr is a great place for women t o go to school. It can feel a bit small at times (like when everyone you pass knows your name), but in the same token that smallness can be comforting. When people are told what college I go to, you can see a clear generational gap in the responses: the younger crowd either has no idea where and what Bryn Mawr is or thinks it is a "lesbian school", where as the older crowd is impressed by the clout the name holds.

Bryn Mawr is small. Within a few weeks, it can feel like home, but it can also become incredibly awkward between people quickly, as you're likely to see any given person at least once a day somewhere on campus. There are definitely advantages and disadvantages to going to a small school, but I think the cons are more prevalent on other campuses. Bryn Mawr students become close VERY quickly.

Bryn Mawr is wonderful. I never thought I would of ended up at an all women's college but I could not adore Bryn Mawr more. The school gives so many wonderful choices for all the students. Every woman could find her own niche here. The bi-co with Haverford is very strong and I take advantage of both schools everyday. The mainline is a lil pricey but a very beautiful place to go to school.

the traditions are definately the best thing about bryn mawr. i love the consortium... take tons of classes at haverford (and swarthmore and upenn)- they all get you off campus, and could be your leads to meeting new interesting people and your lead to parties and dating, if you so choose.

I find Bryn Mawr to be too small, and lacking in economic and cultural diversity, though full of sexual diversity. It's also in a very safe but boring suburb. The academic are great except for the science program which is small.

The traditions are fantastic. If I had gone to a larger university, I would have rushed for a sorority, however at Bryn Mawr, you're automatically part of this giant campus-wide sisterhood.

small, welcoming place with liberating studies, but some academic and social issues that can be difficult to overcome, kind of like a "you're with us, or against us" attitude.