Bucknell University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bucknell University

Matilda

Bucknell University is a safe and academically rigorous college on a beautiful campus. My professors have all been beyond incredible and the campus facilities are great. My only reason for giving it a 4 out of 5 instead of a 5 is that I wish there had been a more diverse variety of social groups outside of greek life!

Nobody

3/5

TreyLonte

Bucknell gives their students numerous opportunities to continue living the life that they were living back home. The holistic environment , translates to academic and personal success. The course load is very manageable, giving everyone time to get work completed, but still continue to live a happy and social personal life.

Ariel

As a freshman at Bucknell I believe that I have only experienced a small portion of what Bucknell has to offer me academically inside the classroom and opportunities for academic growth outside. Also as a student athlete I have a different experience than other freshman on campus, but I feel that being a student athlete it has allowed me to better organize my self and prioritize my responsibilities.

Brandon

I think Bucknell is a good school overall that allows students to get their work done and make them earn new opportunities but can improve on some ways. The abuse of drinking can be a problem as students try to study who are bothered by parties and roommates drinking most of the time.

Jillian

Love it

Madison

I love it! It's my home away from home. The class sizes are perfect and the professors are always very willing to help you out. The only thing I would change if I could would be the proximity to a larger city. Bucknell is in the middle of central PA so there isn't a lot going on off campus!

Alex

I went on a campus visit to Bucknell and I was blown away by the amazing atmosphere that surrounded me. I sat in on a few classes and everyone was very helpful and supportive. I had multiple students stop to help me when I got lost and all students in my classes were very nice and helpful in letting me integrate into the college classroom scene. Overall it is an amazing school and I will definitely be putting in an application ASAP!

When I was first applying to Bucknell, I heard many comments from people who never attended warning me about the huge Greek life scene. However, while Greek life and partying are a very big part of Bucknell's campus life, if you choose not to participate in those activities you will not feel excluded. There are plenty of activities for those less prone to partying. In addition, Bucknell's faculty is probably the best; the professors genuinely care about students, and while some classes are rigorous, if you put forth effort, you will be successful. Finally, Bucknell's campus is definitely the prettiest!

Kunkyi

Great teachers, good food options for vegetarian/vegans, and an abundance of extracurricular activities. A bit deserted considering Lewisburg is a couple hours drive away from every major city nearby. Greek life is pretty big; the only major sport the school focuses on is basketball. Class sizes are good for interacting with professors and other students.

Carina

Bucknell University offers an incredible academic environment for students to thrive by offering a wide range of resources and encouraging extracurricular involvement; however, the school constantly silences and ignores the needs of marginalized students (i.e. students of color, low-income students). While I appreciated the various programs that aimed to create community building for these students, the overall culture of the school harms underprivileged students. The meal plans are too expensive, the party culture is incredibly unhealthy, and students who are harmed by bigotry and discrimination are the only individuals pushing for progressive changes. The school is stuck in its ways and does not prioritize the health and safety of its students, instead it only preserves aspects of its University for the funding of problematic alumni. As a former student, I can only say that I miss the rigor of the education and the friends I made in our collective struggles to survive at a school that was starving us, working us to the bone, and ignoring our demands for more faculty of color (especially in mental health services), a food pantry, and more.

William

While being a prestigious and asthetically appealing campus, the student body and social life of the university is supperficially focused on academcis. Many students are from privileged, wealthy families that have little value on work ethic or effort-driven achievement.

Alanna

Amazing school with professors who truly care. The campus is stunning, and constantly being improved. Students tend to be very social and friendly, and greek life is big. Sports are big too, but not as big as greek life. The food is amazing. The surrounding area is small- be careful if you are looking for a city vibe, this isn't it.