California State University-San Marcos

« See more reviews of California State University-San Marcos

If I were able to talk to myself as a senior I would have encouraged myself to apply to the better colleges and to not worry about the finances. Second, I would have encouraged myself to focus on building more relationships with my family and appreciate the time that I could spend with my father because I would not have that much more time with him. I would also tell myself to open-up more and to not be afraid to ask girls out because the worst they can say is no and to not be afraid of feeling uncomfortable.

I would tell myself to really enjoy and cherish the upcoming experiences in my college years. I would say to myself that life will have its ups and downs and not to get discouraged when tough times do approach. To immerse myself more student life and what the school has to offer. I would add to keep a stronger balance with work and play as I have stressed myself out early in my college transition. The last thing I would say is to love my family and friends more and to create better relationships with them.

Networking is the most important thing ever! get involved and dont be afraid to shout out your own ideas and opinions. Get involved with sports, clubs, internships and especially your professors. Your instructors are the key to alot of opportunities like important contacts, internships of all kinds and most importantly jobs for after graduation. Getting to know people in other clubs and majors will help you overall know exactly what you want to do and how you want to approach your goal.

Prepare yourself for writing requirements. Invest the time to improve your writing skills and abilities before your first paper is due. Become involved on campus in someway whether its arts and culture, clubs, sports, outreach programs etc. Invest time and involvement in volunteering and community efforts, because it will only beneift you inwardly and outwardly. Most importantly enjoy the college wave, because it most likely will only come once.

To parents: let your child pick the college that they want to go to. My father picked the college that I had to go to - I had no choice. This only made me have a negative feeling toward my college, but luckily it turns out that I like it. This case might not be the same for others. Let your children pick the college of their choice - it is their life after all. You can only guide them in so many aspects - let them choose!

I would give myself the simple advice of not forgetting who you are. Although part of college consists of experimenting with new things and learning about different people its important that we take would we learn along side our current morals and values instead of taking on a lifestyle completely different from our own. Had I known that before I think my college experience so far would of been a lot smoother.

I felt the transition was easy. I felt high school did provide enough information for me to succeed. I feel very happy the way college has been so far. I feel I'm a part and the teachers have been outstanding so far. I'm considering furthering my education after 4 years at this college. I feel that the college is not too large. The campus is nice and I feel at home there.

I would advise myself focus on academics and not people. Most of the people I have encountered at college do not take their education seriously. They are more interested in partying and the easy way out of any assignment. So, I would tell myself to give my all no matter what anyone else thinks or says. In the end, I will reap the rewards of my effort and dedication.

Trust your childs intuition. They don't know what they are getting themselves into but that is the best part about growing up. And what better a place to discover yourself on your own then college. No matter what school they choose or plan on choosing the important thing is they are continuing their education and in the process grow into an adult.

Choose what it is your interested in. Then find a school that can offer that. Whether it be living in a large city, small town, a commuter school close to home, inexpensive, small, big, sports teams, frats or sororities, on campus living, party, study, in and out in 4 years. What college experience do you want to have?...its all out there.