California State University-San Marcos

« See more reviews of California State University-San Marcos

I think the best thing parents and students can do before looking into college, is have a variety to choose from. Its good to take tours of the campus and really get to see what the everyday life would be like at those campuses. After that is said and done, then find out where you are accepted, and view the pros and cons of each school.

Make sure that you visit the campus and get a look at the type of students that go there. You should be able to get a vibe just from the campus and students. Also, look to see what majors your school is strongest in and make sure yours is one of them. Looking at a list of clubs on campus will help you expand your social networks.

Three major issues I would have consulted with myself about are learning how to manage money before college and knowing the school and its liberal versus conservative views among staff. Lastly, I would have told myself to drop a class immediately if I could not understand the professor or if I had no passion for the subject.

Attend a J.C. for your GE requirements, then transfer. Work and go to school, makes you grow up faster and you are more grateful. Don't procrastinate to get your education. Manage your time and get your degree in what you want, not what everyone wants you to get it in. Repect each other and respect yourself!

Find a college that emphasises the field of study that you are looking for. Visit the college to get a feel for the campus and its surroundings. If possible look for a college that will not prove to be a huge financial burden on you or your family. Ensure that the college you choose allows you to be you.

Since I started college, I have become more independent and responsible. Taking my own choices and being responsible for my school work as well as my athletic responsabilities I have learned how to handle certain situations. I have realized it is my time to start creating my corner stones for my future.

take your time and try not to have your hardships take over your education. I think that was a fall back for me because life was interferring with my grades and focus and my focus also needed to be high GPA so i could get more funding to further my education and not stop at just a BA degree

Visit the college more than once! Once on the weekend and once on the weekday. And go to some sort of campus event if you're looking for more of the active, involved campus lifestyle. Sporting games, rallys, anything. There will be flyers all around campus for activities. GO TO ONE.

Focus on academic and collegiate experience goals. Choose the school with a strong academic and career-oriented program for your chosen major. Consider campus safety, environment, and services available. For freshmen, consider living in campus housing for a great experience!

Having the opporunity to to go back in time and be able to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to challenge myself more in my class load because in college you can not get by the easy way. I learned that the hard way my first semester in college.