California State University-San Marcos

« See more reviews of California State University-San Marcos

The best thing about Cal State San Marcos is the professors. They are always willing to talk with students about class work or about life in general. Students can drop by without appointment and most of the time they are in their offices ready to answer any questions the student has. In addition they actually care about what they are teaching and they want their students to learn. The class sizes are small enough for professors to get to know their students and for the most part they remember them semesters later. They encourae students to do their best.

The school is very easy to navigate as well as the building are all very new and look amazing. It is just the right size for a student who is looking for medium size classes. The staff and teachers are always willing to help and want you to succeed. The school has great security and good parking. It has many different resources including the library, the career center, the womens center, the pride center, among many others. It has fraturnities and sororities, for those interested in Greek life. We have a great track and soccer team, with a great gym!

The Architecture and the quality of the faculty and staff. Much of the faculty are retired professors from Stanford and UCLA who like to retire locally around the university and take advantage of the golf capital of California. There are lots of gold courses including the exclusive Rancho Bernardo Golf Club and things like that. Very pretty town and new. The schools are top notch and some high schools are almost as big as our university.

We are a fairly new school, which allows students to get involved with the creation of programs and groups. Because we are trying to figure out ways to accomidate and include everyone and create a close atmosphere within the school student leadership is held very highly. I feel that many aspects and organizations at the school are regulated by my peers who have a strong passion for their organizations and campus life.

ATMOSPHERE!!!! The people around campus and how everyone is very nice and polite in opening doors along with saying please and thank you. Its something you will not see at other school. No one on this campus steals, a leather jacket was left in a room for a whole semester and no one took it. It was an expensive leather jacket, someone finallly brought it to lost and found and the owner was thankful :)

I enjoyed attending a somewhat smaller school than most large universities. I liked the fact I was able to get all the classes I needed to complete my major and minor. I liked the small size of the classrooms, which enabled me to get to know my professors. I also felt comfortable with finding my way around campus without all the traffic and chaos of a larger campus.

I have alot of good things to say about California State University San Marcos. The professors are very helpful and are interested in your learning. I have had a few of them stand out to me over my time there and I still remember their advice. I have used their advice and motivationaly words not only in their class, but in many of the ones of have taken after.

I think because my school is in the middle of North County and South Bay San Diego, its diversity plays a big part in the schools best attributes. I would also like to mention the dedication our teachers have to our students. with classes roughly a medium size, the teachers attention is way more accessable by a student.

the best thing about this school was the service learning projects and getting involved with the community. Non-profit organization interaction was a good way to get connected with the community and learn new ways on how organizations are out there to assist people.

The resources at my school not only help the students learn, but it also encourages us to succeed. It feels good to know that the professors at my school want the students to pass, and that they care about our well-being.