Dubuque, IA
Clarke University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clarke University

Rachael

Overall, I think that Clarke University is a great school for students who are majoring in Nursing or anything with the sciences like AT/PT, but other than that it really isn't going to be your best option. I am currently in the Math program and there aren't many other people in it, so the classes are very small and I feel like I am not getting the oportunities others get at bigger schools.

Adewale

If I was to talk to my self as a high school senior, I would tell my self that I should try and get as many outside scholarships as I can. If I had known that there were so many scholarships out there, ready for those willing to put in the time and work I would have done exactly that. As a student trying to get more than a bachelors degree, I should have realized that other than grades, college cost is something I need to truly need to focus on if i ntend to make out of college with a good education but not too much debt.

The kind of person that should attend Clarke University is someone who does not want to go to a school too far from their home

I would say the most frustrating thing is that it is a very small college that costs alot of money.

kristina

If I could go back in time and give my high-school-self some advice, I would tell her about the imoprtance of saving money. You don't realize how expensive college is until you get there and start racking up college loans. I would also tell her to pay more attention on how to properly write papers, because you will use this skill so much in college.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school are: people who want to party, people who don't take college seriously, and people who don't want to show up to class.

I tell them about the friendly and knowledgable staff. They are easy to talk to and truly care about each student as a person and not as a number.

Sohayla

Know thyself. Remember learning about Greek art senior year in AP Art History? Well that ancient Greek motto is so valuable: Know Thyself. Stop worrying, stop fretting over who you will become. Simply learn to have confidence, in what you do, in who you are, and who you will become and high school life will be so much easier. Learn to know thyself. Deadlines, essays, mock trial practice, memorizing scripts, making plans, finding a job: all of these are stressful minute factors that will prevent you from finding your confidence. There will be plenty more of this to come in college and the years after, but once you've found your confidence and once you know who you are these things will be much easier, and a pleasurable part of the process of being proud of the person you are.

Clarke is a small school that looks out for the students best needs.

Clarke is a small school that looks out for the students best needs.

Clarke is best known for their Nursing program. They give you hands on your second year in college and they have get you ready the best way possible to pass the boars once you graduate.

If I could go back into time and talk to myself as a senior in high school the firs thing I would tell myself is to not sweat the little things that happen. Not everything will always go my way and worrying about them will not help the situation it will just wear down on me more. The next thing I would tell myself would to pick up healthy study habbits before I get into college because that is when they become harder to learn. The last thing I would tell myself would be not to worry about change. It will happen if you are ready for it or not and you might as well imbrase it and not try to fight it.

Kevin

Clarke is best known for the value of the education it offers. There is a variety of different majors that are offered. The offered majors allow for studetns with certain interests to find what they love. Clarke also has multiple sports team that do fairly well.

I would tell myself to not second guess my decisions. Whatever may happen, will happen. Trust in you decisions and everything will work out. Losing some friends is ok as long as you are continuing to make new ones. Don't tie yourself down to the first girl you meet. 4 yours is a long time and you won't want to make a decision that affects the rest of your life. I would also tell myself that its ok to spend some moeny in moderation. The last thing I would tell myself is to travel. I would tell myself that you need to go places over spring break and summer and bring your friends with. College is about experiences. Don't waste your time waiting for something to happen. Make it happen.

The best thing about Clarke is the strong sense of community. The small campus allows for contact with a lot of the same people. It is hard to go anywhere on campus and not know the faces of the people you will see there. At Clarke it is easy to find friends that you will keep for years to come.

I would reassure myself about going to a community college before transfering to a larger 4-year college. I was accepted to both Clarke University and Northeast Iowa Community College my senior year of high school. When my parents made me go to NICC, I was crushed. Looking back now, I am so thankful. I received great transfer scholarships because I got good grades. I am also thankful now for saving so much money. In some classes, I feel like I am so much farther ahead because I received more credits working towards a AA degree then other junior students. I would tell myself it will all work out in the end, especially to my advantage. Thank you for this opportunity.

I greatly enjoy the atmostphere. It is hard to exlain, but everyone here is very friendly and welcoming.

I wish this school had a larger music department.

I would describe Clarke as very academic focused.

I would describe Clarke as very academic focused.

I would describe my classmates as very helpful.

If I could go back to highschool me I would tell myself to focus on school more. I was always centered around sports, and it made me realize now that sports won't get me every where I want to go in life. I want to be a strong woment role model so I wish I would have pushed to do better in school more than I did. I would also tell myself to join as many clubs on campus as possible, I didn't start doing that until now in my junior year. I would also tell myself to get to know my teachers and have a great relationship with them because one day I will need a refrence and it's always nice to have a teacher one.

Clarke is very small and students get a lot of one on one attention. There is always someone around to help you with whatever youa re struggling with, I would say that Clarke is also a very friendly college.

I would make the same decision that I made in attending Clarke University because I enjoy the nursing program here very much and I have made many friends in the process of attending college here.

I think that we need more activities going on around campus for the students to attend while they aren't studying. Now that it is volleyball season we always go to those games, but they need more activities all season long.

Traci

Well first of all I would tell myself to break up with that boyfriend because he will hold you back for three years after you graduate High School. I would have told myself to explore my options early on, and not to settle for something just because it might be close to home. Really dig deep into prospective colleges and find something that suits your interests, even if it's a little bit more expensive, because in the long run, you'll be happier. Do everything you do in life for yourlself, and not for anyone else or you'll never be truly happy. It's okay to be self-sacrificing and kind hearted, but just rember yourself once in a while.

This school has a rich Catholic background, so if faith is important to you, then I would really recommend checking Clarke out. Also, if you're coming from a small town and the thought of a big state school seems intimidating, Clarke could be a wonderful campus for you.

Honestly, having been to three colleges prior to Clarke, I can safely say that I see no flaws in this school. The campus is small which some might find unappealing, but I love. Each member of the faculty and staff is friendly, and ready and willing to help with anything you might need. The campus feels like a community, each person caring about the other.

Clarke University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.