Dubuque, IA
Clarke University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clarke University

Erin

Clarke College is best known for their student to professor ratio. If is very person and the teachers know almost all of the student's names and faces. Clarke College is also known for their physical therapy program and other great academics programs that are offered.

College is very different from high school. Everybody is in charge of their own future, nobody is there to babysit them. So learning to manage my time and get organized has been a very valuable learning experience that I will take with me into my future. These two components can get people very far in life with being able to multitask between and still turn in their assignments on time. As well as time management and organization, another key component of my college experience has been becoming more open to people and making friends. Somebody can be the smartest person, but without friends they are not able to fully experience life, and won't have anybody to go to ask questions.

I brag the most about how I am able to email my teachers several times a day and they usually respond as soon as they can. I love how my teachers recognize me and care about me and how I am doing. I am not just a name on a piece of paper.

Ariel

My college experience has shaped my future to be very successful. I love Clarke University because it is the best fit for me. I enjoy the size, the fun atmosphere, and the great people who attend Clarke. The oppertunities that it provides from the staff and professors has given me a better chance to be a well rounded student and one day a great nurse.

I wish I would have known how much I was going to miss my family. I only live three hours away, but with working here in town it is hard to go home unless on longer breaks that the school offers.

What I brag about most is that I can wake up, get ready for class, and walk to my classroom in less than a half hour (I'd say that's record time for a female!). There is no bus system because my school is very small. I also tell them about the great one on one relationship that I have with all my teachers.

Chelsey

I've learned that college is much harder than high school but twice as fulfilling. I dont have to take classes I dont need anymore and I can focus on the things that make me happy and that apply to my future career. I've only been through one college semester and I dont like in a dorm so I dont think I've really gotten the full college experience yet but that doesn't mean my time so far hasnt been fun or important. College is very valuable to me because I can persue my passion in pathological medicine and can eventually enter the career field I want.

Amber

Clarke is somewhere that feels like home.

Clarke is somewhere that feels like home.

Clarke is such a small school that it really feels like home. Everyone is so friendly, and people actually seem to care about each other. It's the one college that I felt was doing more than just trying to get my money, and that they genuinely care about me as a person.

The thing that I have most gotten out of my college experience is the ability to open myself up to other people and to make new friends. Before college, I didn't have very many friends. College has taught me a lot about meeting new people, and that's a valuable experience that couldn't really be gained elsewhere. This will be valuable to me down the road, epsecially as I enter the working world and have to make those important connections to further and better myself.

Jamie

My classmates are creative, helpful and determined individuals who have helped me grow.

If I could go back in time to 1995, the year I was a high school senior, I would stress the importance of school now and in the future. I would encourage myself to visit with school counselors, college adminision representative and have them explain to me the different things they can offer (since no one ever explained this to me). I would tell myself to focus in high school and actually try to succeed instead of doing just what is required of me; which would open more opportunities for myself to attend college with scholarships and getting a bachelor's degree; since it is so important in today's job market. Additionally, I would explain the benefits of being involved in school activities, social interaction and internsips that are available through the school to better improve job experiences. Finally, I would explain the benefits of receiving a Master's degree right after receiving my bachelor's degree because attending school while you are 30 with 3 young kids is not easy.

A person that is not willing to learn shouldn't waste their money by attending any college.

Nicolas

My classmates are diversified and enjoy a good debate.

My classmates are diversified and enjoy a good debate.

Choose a college for the right reasons. Moving out of your parents house and to a new city is exciting but believe it or not, living with a room mate and fifty or so other guys on a dormatory floor can be a real challenge. Choose your room mate carefully and make sure you share the same values. Make sure you keep track of events on a calendar. When an assignment is due, college professors expect it to be turned in. A calendar or planner can make or break your final grade. Your grade can slip from a B to a C simply because an assignment is not handed in on time. Your end of sememster GPA determines if you can stay in college or not. If you need help, ask for it . Have fun and try to make new friends. Treat college like a job, work first fun later. Eat in the cafeteria and try to converse with people. Work out in the fitness center or join a group of some kind. Stay connected with others. Lastly, if you change your mind about your major, don't worry, you're not alone. Thats what college advisors are for.

Before I came to Clarke College I wish I had known how important my GPA is. Even one point can make the difference between recieving an academic scholarship or not. I also wish I had realized that dorm life is not what its cracked up to be! Day to day dorm life can be just as stressful as completing assignments and getting ready for finals.

Curtis

I believe that Clarke college is best known for its past in being an all women college. I had heard that Clarke takes its education and curriculum very seriously and to attend a comparable school would almost rob me of the liberal arts aspect that they have to offer. Clarke is known to focus the area of education around the student rather than focusing the student around its offerings.

Clarke is a school that basis its education on the liberal arts aspect of education. I was put onto Clarke after doing some criminal research in the area of the school. Clarke had the smallest amount of occurrences as compared to other colleges. The staff in the office was very helpful with giving me the information I needed to get started and often times give me the confidence to carry forward with the education process. Everyone I have had to communicate with has always shown some degree of care for the well being of my academic future.

I would have to tell myself to take high school a little more serious. Spend that extra time in your journey to better understand the world. Do not just study with the intent to better yourself, but instead look to better others and the community around you. You do not have to benefit from every Endeavour you take in life. Just because your upbringing was not one of money does not give you any less opportunity than any other student or person. Be willing to accept help from those who offer it without letting it affect your ego. In return, also be willing to help those that help you without taking into account how they can benefit you later. Stop looking at the value money wise of life. There are many things in life that will reward you in other ways than payment of money. Other minds can add to what you know and give you an unbiased view of the thoughts or plan you may be trying to build. Reach out to others that want to accomplish what you do. Not everyone is competition.

I would definitely push myself to get a better high school gpa, I only had a 3.4 gpa. That way I could have gotten more scholarships. I wish I would have considered Clarke instead of not considering it because it was too close to home. Clarke is a great college, they have human cadavers for any healthcare students taking Anatomy and Physiology. There are so many great aspects of Clarke and everyone is so friendly, like in a small town. Look at how many scholarships they give out! Look at the job placement and more importantly the pass rate for nursing students, it's almost 100%!!! Even two of the nursing instructors write the questions for the national board exams for nursing licensure! Work on that GPA and don't rule out any school without looking into it!

How great it is! I attended another university for one year before transferring here and I love it! It is a little small compared to the state university I came from, but you get to know almost everybody. My only wish would be to have come here right out of high school.

I brag about the generous scholarships they give, the accomodations of class times, and everyone being super-dee-duper helpful and friendly, including staff!!!!

Alexis

This is good school for people looking for a close knit enviroment. If you are looking for the "college" expereience, look elsewhere!

Not to stress out so much about college, everything will fall into place and will work out fine. They are there to help you and give you a good experience so let them!

Jensen

determine how big or small of a school they are interested in. The size of the classroom.

Its a small school with small classrooms. The teachers and administrative staff are very easy to approach to. I am able to contact them outside the classroom if I have any questions.

There is a lack of technology or maintaining the function of some computers. For example, the nursing department at my school has for computers, and each day its sometimes a game picking a computer that will work. In addition theres no printer hooked up in that department. The closes printer is down the hall but only three computers is hooked up to it and is always used by someone , so I would need to go to the library at the other side of campus to print which is a hassle.

Clarke University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.