Cleveland State University Top Questions

Raymond

If I were talking to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to save as much money as possible so I can avoid loans in the future. I am currently working full time making barely enough to get by and yet still more than enough not to get money from FAFSA. It amazes me how this government works some time. If students want to get an education, it shouldnt cost an arm and a leg for a degree. Cleveland State has not made significant upgrades in the past 20 years. Yet they still raise tuition annually and give the President of the University a huge bonus at the end of the year. So my advice to myself as a senior in high school is save your money or don't go to college.

I would tell myself that community college is only really good if it's part of a plan. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do, and I ended up taking a lot of classes I didn't need which is making the years at college more complicated and difficult to schedule. I should have chosen CSU right away and I would have gotten more scholarship money.

Allyson

Growing up, I always had this sense that I could do anything; I could just feel it in my bones. Yet, somehow I lost that sense in high school. The entirety of my senior year centered on academic perfection, college visits, athletic recruitment, and, primarily, stress about my future. I remember thinking about my future college life and all I imagined was homesickness, impossible classes, unfamiliar faces, and an urban environment where I would never fit in. In actuality some of those challenges did exist, but I was able to work through them the same way I always do: by putting forth my best effort, believing in myself, and trusting that there is a promising future waiting for me if I want it badly enough. Overcoming those challenges proved that I am capable of thriving outside my comfort zone and adapting to unforeseen circumstances, two feats I never dared hope to accomplish as a senior. Therefore, my high school self needs to know that if you give life everything you have, the only thing left to do is take a deep breath and have a little faith. Everything works out the way it was meant to.

Elisabeth

During my unconventional senior year of high school, I enrolled full-time as a Post-Secondary student at Cleveland State University. I lacked thorough preparation for the subsequent, drastic environmental transition from the conformist, immature high school atmosphere to the diverse and intellectual college campus. If time travel were possible, I would encourage the confused, unmotivated Teenage Elisabeth to avoid stagnation and procrastination at all costs. If persistent dedication is absent, goals cannot be achieved. Perhaps the greatest importance of higher education is its application to progressively influencing peers, the community and society. Daily human interactions are inevitable while attending university, which inspire opportunities to share, relate and motivate. The most pertinent advice to my younger self would be to recognize these instances for their worth by staying connected to mentors, acquaintances and classmates. Furthermore, I would argue the benefits of communal participation: self-actualization, maturity and human communication. Imperative was familiarize myself with constructive outlets for stress and frustration, including writing, yoga and optimism. These channels could have aided Teenage Elisabeth in evading harmful influences. My adolescent identity needed to address ignorance and cognitive dissonance to further explore her intellectual capacity, willingness to strive and eagerness to learn.

Jun

If I ever have the chance to speak to the high school me, I would tell him to choose a major that relates to the subject you are best in high school, do not waste time and money trying to explore majors that only seem to be interesting but don't know anything of the basic of that course's materials. Work harder during your senior year, do not become lazy and slack off, college work is at a whole other level. If you were lazy during high school, you will carry that laziness through graduation and into college. Used your time wisely in high school, practice a lot of writing papers because there is no college class that doesn't involve a lot of writing. Familiarize yourself with writing a lot before college, so by the time you reach English 101, you won't feel that the course is a big load of work. Be brave and look for colleges around the nation, not only around the city you live in. I was afraid to move out by myself, but knowing some of my friends still manage to study out-of-state, I wish I took the chance too.

megan

If I could go back to my high school senior self, I would tell her to start studying more. College is no joke and no matter how prepared for it you may think you are, you really are not. I would inform her of the classes she will be taking in hopes of it helping here prepare mentally. Lastly, I would tell her it's okay to be behind on some classes if it means taking your time and graduating with higher grades.

Laurel

If I could tell my high school self anything about college life, I would say that 'this too shall pass'. In high school, I did not truly realize that my perspective and thoughts would evolve and grow. I heard a lot of cliches about how everything changes in college, but having never gone through it before, I had no idea what that actually looked like. When you've gone through college, you realize that those girls that made you angry didn't mean much in the grand scheme of life. Or that the teacher that 'had it out for you' didn't really have an impact on your future academic career. You learn to move on with your life and learn from those experiences. You mature a lot in college, while also learning how to live life at the fullest.

Peter

Honestly. before this moment I had never really thought about what I would say to my high-school senior self. The person I had always wanted to talk to had been my freshman-year self back in 2009. Of all the things I would say to myself at that time, only a few still stand for what I would say 2 years ago. Of these few things, I think the most importaint is that I tell myself to always try to be happy. It's too easy to be overwhelmed, feel underappreciated, and to be taken advantage of. Types of constant abuse like these take a toll on any sane person's well-being, leading to hard feelings like depression and lack of self-worth. Sometimes you have to make yourself step back and smile about things that do make you happy instead of frowning over the things that don't. If I had told my past self to list three things a day that I was happy about, I feel like I would be in a better place in my life.

I would have advised my younger self to study harder as an undergrad and to get more involved with groups and meeting others of a like mindset. I would have also said to my younger self "Don't stress so much about everything, and don't worry so much. Believe in yourself, be confident and others will naturally follow you. Oh and don't give so much of yourself to others that you have nothing left. You need to take care of yourself first before you can give to others. When it comes time to go to graduate school in the future, choose Ashland University and not Cleveland State University. Ashland has a much better reputation and will give you a much better quality education with better contacts too.

Pretty much nothing in life is permanent. Everything has a “do-over.” Bad marriage? Get a divorce? Don’t like your house? Get a new one. Don’t like your car? Get a new one. Nothing is permanent except education. Education and degrees can’t be replaced. There aren’t do-overs. You are only a true college freshman once. Make the most of it. Don’t worry about trying to get in where your friends went. Study in high school and apply to great schools. Don’t rule out the Ivy League schools. Aim higher than you think you’ll achieve because you never know what you might get. Just because someone else doesn’t think you can or should doesn’t mean that you can’t or shouldn’t. Go for it and give it your all. You only get one shot at this. You can’t go back and get your bachelors in business from a better school later. Don’t underestimate and undervalue what the power of going to a good school can do. Don’t settle and don’t stay because someone else wants you to. Do everything in your life for YOU.

I'm an adult student. I completed some undergrad work, but never graduated. I returned and am almost finished with my Bachelor's degree after being out of school for almost 10 years. My advice to my high school self would be to enjoy my late teens and early twenties; take risks, travel and do something crazy - just don't end up getting into any "real" trouble. There will come a time in your life when taking risks and being irresponsible isn't an option. Suddenly, 40-hour work weeks, fixing the house, raising a child and being a responsible adult will take the place of the spontaneous fun that used to dominate your life, and you'll be ok with that because you know you spent your youth wisely. At 20 years old, the world is yours for the taking. Go out and experience it to the fullest!

Madeline

Staying focus and give it my all. Not allowing any obstacles to defer me from getting my bachlor's degree and opening my own business someday. Encourage all family members how important it is to further their education. Just from the present time I have also discovered that college classes will not decrease in tution prices so getting into classes would be the best oppurtunity for students who are attempting to enhance their education. Knowing what school is best for me before signing up, knowing wheteher the flexibilty of on campus or online (elearning) classes are best for my schedule. take classes at my pace and not getting overwelhmed by taking to many classes at once. The gretest goal that I have accomplished was returning to school after all these years and striving to complete my challenge in the next 36 months.

Alec

Don't work during the week while in High School. This messed your grades up big time. In conclusion, don't worry about trying to be cool.

Carol

I am attending college late in life, in my fifies. If I could go back and talk to myself I would tell myself to stay in school. I would tell myself not to be in such a hurry to grow up and to just enjoy life. I would tell myself to pursue a college education, good career, do a ton of research, and to really enjoy college life. I would tell myself that college prepares you for the future and it shapes you into a more diverse and knowledgeable person about the world around us. I would also tell myself that college life introduces you to friendships and mentors that will last a lifetime.

I would not any anything to say to myself as a high school senior becuase I knew about college life and everything that I had expected while in high school about college was true when I started college.

Dear Lauren of 2008, Hello there, this is Lauren of 2014 and I writing to WARN you. I know right now you are all worried about prom and leaving your friends in a few months, but I am here to tell you that that will be the least of your worries. When you start Cleveland State, PLEASE FOCUS!!!!! It is okay to go out and have a little fun but do not get distracted by the parties, boys, and freedom. I took the freedom to a whole new level and boy do we regret that. When I first got our semester grades I could not stop those tears from falling and worse of all it made our mother cry as well, and we both now how much we hate to disappoint her. So if you want to spare yourself from all the pain, disappointment and humiliation that we are living with now, please focus and go to class. I will be honest and say that college is fun but do not let it ruin you or who we are, and I hope you are listening because I am YOU, and who knows you better than ME!!! Love, You :)

Lauren!!!!! College is everything you imagined and more!! It's fun, it's freedom, and it's exciting, which is all you care about right now, right? Well im here to tell me that it is also expensive. You will graduate in 2012 with your degree in Health Science and a loan debt of 45,000 and that is only the beginning since you will definitely be planning on returning to school right after that. I also know that you really want to live on campus for your first year and you will have a blast but please do not let it distract you like it did me already. I wasted my first two semesters partying and having fun instead of studying and going to class and that was my biggest regret and such a waste of money. I can honestly tell you that the thought of making new friends, staying out all night, having no parental guidance, and falling in love will cloud your mind and take over your thoughts as soon as you hit the campus, but the greatest moment was walking across the stage and receiving OUR degree. So lastly , Dont Give Up and Keep Going!!!!

Gennifer

I would advise myself to take my education more seriously, that the mistakes you make in your early twenties with school will follow you through into your adulthood and may affect your ability to return to school should you choose to do so later in life. College is not easy and was not meant to be easy, you have to study, not procrastinate, participate in class, care about what you're doing there and care about your future. You should always strive to do better and appreciate the opportunities that are being given to you at that time, and to not waste the education you've been given by settling for less once you enter the working world.

Dear High School Me, Ever since your sister, Ashley, began looking for colleges to attend, you have been eagerly looking forward to the day when you could begin your own search. You dreamt about going off to college your freshman, sophomore, and junior years, and now here you are as a senior beginning that search. However, you are not going to find what you are looking for because you have worn yourself out looking for the wrong thing. You should be looking for yourself. Stop listening to what other people think, stop waiting for permission, and stop worrying about Jess. I know she is your twin sister and you worry, but she will be okay. Start blogging about things that matter to you and have conversations with your friends and even your teachers. Ask your teachers, parents, and grandparents for advice and listen closely to what they say and think critically about it. Spend time with grandpa and ask him to teach you how to tie a tie and take pictures. I know you hate cameras, but you will regret not taking the time for it. And one last thing- quit being afraid of everything. Sincerely, Your College Student Self

Michele

I wish I could have done internships back when I was in highschool. I also wish I would study more and work really hard to get better grades. I should have asked for help when I needed the assistance and not pushed things off until it was too late. Stay in college, ask for help, learn how to study/take notes, enjoy school, and spend less time doing things that don't matter in life. I really wish I would have finished college so long ago before I had kids! Education is the most important thing in life! Use all of the resources that the school has to improve your grades, math and writing. Don't just "get by" thinking you won't need the information - because you do!

Andria

Stay foucused and open-minded. Begin to think about your career that will be based on your happiness and not just financially. Do not place yourself in stressful sitiuations and allow yourself to be you.

janessa

If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I'd tell myself to never procrastinate! My biggest failure throughout my years of college so far was the provrastinating. I was too focused on the social experiences instead of school and my education. I did not pay enough attention in class during lectures and did not commit enough time on homework assignments. Also, I thought partying and drinking and hanging out with random people was the reasons for me being in college. Yet I was very wrong. I'd make sure not to take my education or my money spent on my education for granted.

The advie I would give myself is that college is not as easy as everyone says. Though the work load might be lighter, it includes a lot more effort oh your part. You don't have your teachers to depend on to make sure you get you assignments done. You have to count on yourself, you have to grow up. Also, finding friends and right school is not easy too. When you go to college for your first year the vast amount of the people are new to you. Its not like in high school where you have known everyone for years. You have to put yourself out their more to meet new people. Also, your first school might not be the right fit either. In this coming fall I'm going to be attending my third college, so it does take time and effort to find the right school for you.

Kerri

If I went back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself to not worry so much about it. There is a lot of down time to rest, study, and do homework. Class is just like any high school class, only with more students. As long as you take notes and pay attention in class, you will do fine. College life is more laid back than I thought it would be and there is less to stress about until finals. The final exams are just like the other tests in class. If you study, you will do fine. I would also tell myself to relax and have fun, because the next few years will be the best years of my life.

kathy

Self you need to really think about what you want for the future. Why wait later in life to fulfill my educations dreams. I love the feeling when I enter the campus and I feel the learning environment. It also can be fun but serious. College has so much to offer. my greastest quest is to educate myself and to help educate others. To do this there are many mentors that can help me and I can learn from thier example. Go and and enroll to learn and gain experience that will stay with me for the rest of your life. Everything that you do has it's rewards. So do not be scare to move from hign school to college, This is the beginning of your life. If I make my daily attendance I will be receiving the rewards that college offers. The doors are open and it's saying come on in get your books and get your classes. I will take care of you. I have talent that that needs to be nuture. What it comes down to I need to take that first step. Kathy GO to College. Education has power to move hills to mountains

Geneva

Try not to worry about the small things. It's okay not being the most popular take a breath and enjoy being who you are. You have good freinds and a loving family they are gifts that substain you. Take time to enjoy them and don't forget to study, study and study and if you need help you have it in your friends, teachers and family. Don't be afraid to ask for it.

If I could go back in time, via a TARDIS I would assume, to talk to my past self, I would have a lot of things to say. I would have told myself not too work so many hours at my job my first year of college. I would tell myself that even though it was nice to have the extra money, extra study time will prove to be a lot more valuable to me. I would also tell myself to sign up for as many scholarships as possible! I would tell myself that even though you are capabable of working really hard a job, because you have been doing it for years, doesn't mean you should spend all your time concentrating on money! I would have told myself that having a really hard job during your first year of college can be very stressful, and if my past self wants to reduce her stress that she has to not work so many hours because study in college is very important. I would have also told myself to get ready for traffic... and that some mornings, it can be more stressful than the job!

Looking back at high school, there are many words of advice I could give. Stay motivated, although there are many times you feel like getting, "senioritis," you need to stay driven, give high school your all and enjoy each day you have left. Give respect, before you leave and even while you are there, make sure you pay your respect to each teacher and staff that got you to where you are. You never know if you will see them again and you never know when you will need their help later down the road. Spend time with friends and choose them wisely. Your high school friends are the people who help shape you to be the person you are, this can go either way, either you can thrive from it, or suffer from it. Make sure you are smart in everything you do, live life to the fullest, pay respect and never give up.

If you know what you want to do right out of high school, make sure you go to a school with that degree or program. I went to a community college for two years to save money, but since I did not go to a four year university trying to transfer and get into my program is very difficult. Especially since I am going into nursing, in Michigan every school with a nursing program has a waiting list except one. I started to look out of state and I got accepted in Ohio, but now I have to pay out of state tuition! So my advice is if you know what you want to do, go to a school with that degree or program becasue it will save you a lot of hassal.

I would tell myself that I needed to take more time off after high school in order to save more money for college. I know that my career choice and college choice is the right one, but financially it is not easy. Don't forget all the things that have come easy, but remember everything that you have to work hard for is worth it! All the obsticales you will face in college will only make you stronger, and remember though your family won't always be financially sound, they will always support you.

Highschool seniors, PLEASE pay attention to the information you are given. I know it does not seem important to you when at the time, but you will soon realize all of the "junk papers" will eventually evolve into a career for you. There is a vast amount of information out on scholarships, grants, financial aid so do not get discouraged!! Take all the information in and STUDY!!

If I went back in time and coould talk to myslef as a high school senior there is many things I would say. The first thing I would say to myslef is to concentrate on the ACT and try to get the highest score possible. I would tell myslef that I need to worry more about obtaining a high ACT score during the high school year rather than the summer after. If I went back to high school I would tell myself that I should studious and better concentrated on school rather than sports.

Carrie

I would tell myself that balance is important. I would tell myself that, while work is important, college is also important and expensive. I would tell myself to spend more time outside of class preparing for class. That is definitely an opportunity for improvement for me. I would also tell myself to not try to be all things to all people; I have to make time for my school work, and if I don't, it will suffer. I would tell myself to be sure of what I want to do with my life as soon as possible and to try to use student loan money judiciously. I would also tell myself, hey self, if you get any credit cards, make sure you do not put more on those credit cards than you can afford to pay off. I would also tell myself not to put my name on something that someone else will be using and paying for. Finally, I would tell myself to try to be as healthy physically as I can while I'm in school.

Cleveland State University is perfect for me. I come from a small town with little to no diversity, and there is such an assortment of life at CSU. Cleveland is my ideal city because it will prepare me better than any other city in Ohio for what my future holds as a Nurse. The factor that sets Cleveland State apart from other schools, besides the immense school spirit, is the prosperous environment. I joined a sorority and performed hundreds of hours of service to the community, while building a bond with girls that will never break. I attended my first pro basketball and football game here at CSU because they're conveniently in walking distance. I have been pushed harder than ever in this rigorous nursing program because they set high standards with the Cleveland Clinc as our clinical site. The Bishop of the diocese of Cleveland is ten blocks from my dorm and I have met with him through the Campus Catholic Newman Ministry. The opportunities are endless, and if it weren't for this word limit I would attempt to list the other hundred reasons CSU has made my college experience the best!

yadira

Thanks to college of the redwood i have been able to get a good taste of the real world. I i have become more confident and inform . I have become a better person , a new person that is strong in many ways.

Mackenzi

Education is invaluable, eye-opening. People are inspiring, interesting. Experiences without understanding or acceptance are merely experiences, not defining nor creational. College is meant to be defining. It is meant to strengthen. My experiences can be labeled as nothing less. Being educated, as many wiser beings have stated, is one of the most important features (and contributions) a person can attain. I have learned so much in such a short time. Being privy to a plethora of ideas and concepts: the new, the old, the relevant, the trivial, this has "ignited a spark" within me. I want to consume more, radiate this wealth of information within me. I want to apply what I have learned. I want to grow infinitely more. Our interactions with others are largely what makes life bearable. Throughout my college expirience, I have met some genuinely incredible people. These are the people one hears about in poems, epic sagas and fairy tales. They can make life not only bearable, but joyful. They make dismal days brighter. These are the people I have grown to know and love. Roommates, classmates, friends- they have helped make college what it is for me. In short, I have gotten character.

I have gotten my sense of independence from my parents while away at school and I love it. And I get to say that I enjoy my professors and classes unlike some of my friends. Some people who attend Cleveland State do not like but they are mostly the people who commute and I think if they would have gotten the chance to live on campus and not have to drive back forth from school to home they would have enjoyed it so much more. They are missing out on being independent of their parents. Having that sense of independent is what makes going away to school so valuable.

“You’re only 18 once.” I wish I wouldn’t have to hear those words again. However, it is because of those words; I am taking college a lot more seriously. What I’ve learned from being in college is that nothing is set in stone. Hard work and determination are the two things that help me stay in college. I’ve learned I could never expect things to go the way you’ve planned. However, I can always expect myself to plan for tomorrow, and keep moving forward. Attending college is very important to anyone’s life. To me, the goals I have set my mind to are always going to have obstacles in front of them. College being one of those obstacles; I plan on doing my best, and staying focused to my goals. My name is Christopher Lopez, and this is promise to myself to never give up on my goals.

Domonik

Being a non-traditional college student, I wish I wouldv'e taken this opportunity out of highschool. The experience I've had has been invigorating . I am unimaginably exposed to diversity . I've developed relationships with professors who really care about my success as a student and beyond. It's valueable to attend because I have learned so much academically; I have a strong need to teach others what I know. Many professors unconciously motivate you to be the first; the first to discover and make change. I am change.

Netanya

What I got out of half of my first year attending Cleveland State was, to get help as much as possible and to overcome my shyness about doing so. If I had gone for help sooner I would have known all the correct procedures about financial aid. It has been valuable to attend Cleveland State because without continuing my education I would honestly get nowhere in the future and would only know how to survive based on what everyone else in the world that may not be fortunate enough to attend college after high school.

There are almost an uncountable amount of things that I could say that I "got" out of my college experience and could claim it as valuable. I believe one of the most beneficial and personal things that I recieved was a familial sense. The college grants me a sense of stability and trust with its students and due to the trust and likability of nearly all attendants it is quite easy to consider Cleveland State University as an extended family. With that familial sense I have discovered that I am easily able to be myself more and to help others. It has calmed my innate anger and has replaced what once was hatred and pain with peace and happiness. There are more words to say about Cleveland State than I am allotted here, so I will end it by stating that I got peace of mind, tranquility, love and a second family. I value this new state of mind more than anything else and I am happy that it was CSU that granted me it.

It is the best college experience I have ever experienced. I visited to some college both in and out of cleveland, but Cleveland State University is nothing like the other colleges. The is smaller, yet it gives you every opportunity to make something out of yourself. This college wants you to engage and do something with your life. Cleveland State University has some of the best Alumni, faculty and staff memebers. It has delicious food, and some of the most beautifully designed dorms and buildings, including buildngs that just opened in the fall including a residence hall, student center, and a new College of Education and Nursing building across the street from the dorms , so that students wont be late to their classses. This is very diversed with so many countries represented here, and it has so many majors and minors to have , so you won't be left out. You can even create a major, if none of the majors or minors interest you. Cleveland State University is a very creative, and multi-cultured school and I'm glad to be a Viking.

I've always wanted to get a higher education. A lot of my friends from high school said that college isn't for everyone and I totally agree with that. But I always knew that I was going to attend college. My college experience really opened my eyes to see that high school and college have two totally different environments. When you're in high school, you have to go. But in college, you have more freedom to do whatever you want. If you decide not to go to class, you don't have to. It will mess you up because that is wasted money. But my college experience has been very valuable to me because I realized that I'm with the "big kids" now (so to speak). I'm not a little girl anymore, so I have to grow up and act like the woman that I've always wanted to be treated while I was still a girl. College is a very fun experience but if you're not careful, it can be your downfall.

Attending Cleveland State University gave me an opportunity to be myself and express my views and opinions without having fear of being judged. Cleveland State University was the first university I attended in the United States since I moved here from Russia five years ago. Great atmosphere, great professors, and diversity of students made my school experience unforgettable.

N/A I haven't attended college yet. But I'm looking forward to attending this fall!

During my time at Cleveland State Universty I have learned to manage my time well. Being a Division I golfer and having a job has helped in my time management; helping me in the future. This school is great to attend if you love small classes and want to commute to save a little bit of money. With there not being many on campus activities and/or people around to participate, this has also helped me focus on my school work. The education here is fantastic and the professors are great.

Linda

If I, perhaps, stumbled upon a time machine and met myself in High School, I would have to tell myself I short-changed my college life. I would tell me, that no matter how easy High School, was, College is a lot different. College takes self-motivation, which is hard to have when you're not being forced to do something. Someone has to WANT to go to College in order to succeed. I would also tell myself to be better prepared for classes, since professors don't tell you what you will need, and to always take notes! Note taking is essential in College. Lastly, I would tell myself to choose a College based on its academic rating, not on it's housing or social aspect. Choosing the right College is a decision only I can make, and I would remind myself of that.

Vera

I am a non-traditional student (40 yrs. old) and returned to school on a full-time basis in 2008. If I had the opportunity to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would emphasize several themes as follow: -Challenge yourself by taking honor classes and joining scholastic clubs for exposure to people who value education and its benefits. -Immerse yourself in whatever it is that your are doing: Give 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} in everything you do. You only get back what you put it. -Embrace your friends and the happiness, memories and love they give you. -Listen to your parents, value their experience and consider their advice; afterall, they've been there and done it. -Ask for help if you need it; the worst question is the one not asked. -Respect and stay true to yourself. Never compromise your integrity or values. If someone asks you to do it, run the other way. -Treat your body kindly. Eat right and exercise. -Drinking, smoking and drugs are not cool. -Learn to love and appreciate others . -Volunteer-it brings more joy to your life than you can ever imagine.

Zuleika

If i was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to stop day dreaming and get a move on. Start exploring how college life would be. If you want a family and want to live in the future you need to start taking steps to preaparing for this life changing experience. As you would enter a new chapter of your life there will be UPS and DOWNS. Some days you will just want to lay back and give up and other days your making up for the work you did not do. You will meet many different types of people in college and some you may not like, some you can't understand, others may become best friends. It may take some time getting used to the change but never give up. Education allows you to have a greater knowledge which will allow you to acheive your dreams. In order to do that you must set priorities and stick with them until the end to make it to Graduation. Take advantage of what you are taught now because in college you will need it.

I would tell myself to take the first two years of classes and general education requirements needed to transfer where i want to go at a community college and then transfer to the college of my choosing. I would tell myself this especially now knowing the extent of the financial crisis that has hit the United States. I would also tell myself to prepare and study much more than I have been, I didn't realize what college was exactly till the end of the first year, time goes by so quick it is hard to stop for a moment and realize what you are doing. I would tell myself to breathe and relax for just a second to make sure that this is what i really wnated to do with my life and that the major and classes I have are the right ones for me. These are the grades and organizations that your future boss will look at and if you mess up now there is no way you can fix it. And as cliche' as it may sound i would tell myself to be all that i can be and maxamize my full potential.