Colgate University

« See more reviews of Colgate University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Rich, good-looking, J.Crew-wearing, noses-high preps was the stereotype I had heard and was terrified of. Also that there is not a lot of diversity and nothing to do if you don't drink.

That students are rich and preppy. Also that students here drink more and party than at other colleges. The town is amall and boring. The weather is cold a hell.

We are intelligent, work-hard-play-hard kids who party a little bit too much most of the time, and we also have an inexplicable attraction to colorful pants.

Everyone likes to claim that Colgate is a fratty school full of big partiers who drink in excess because it's so cold that there's nothing else to do.

Rich, preppy, athletic students who can drink 15 Keystones on Saturday, then write an analysis on Kantian ethics on Sunday. Work hard, play hard

All students are severely chronic alcoholics and party-goers. Hooking up is Easy at Colgate... partially because there's nothing else to do.

People think that all Colgate students are rich white jocks from the Northeast. Another perception is that Colgate is a big party school.

Colgate students are often labeled as work hard, play hard students, and there is also the label of Colgate students being "preppy".

Rich, collar popping, self-absorbed, arrogant, spoiled, fit (not fat), mostly white, intellegent, hard working, big drinkers,

Probably the most dominant stereotype is that Colgate is a very conservative institution and the students are very preppy.