Columbus State Community College

« See more reviews of Columbus State Community College

Having enrolled in ESL, I wish I could realize my misconception in learning English, especially writing, in order to directly begin my general education courses. I've spent several years busy self-preparing for SAT and TOEFL. I substantially focused on vocabulary, trying to memorize the "big words". However, now I know it incorrect since I overlooked the importance of reading. Reading is the key to open the door of a new way of expression. To read, is to immerse into the vivid English world. Perhaps in this way, I would be more capable and start my favorite major now.

I wish I would have known and understood more about the American school system before starting community college. That way I would have saved myself some time and money. I also wish I would have asked for more help of the counselors that were offered, being more ambitious and taking career choices more seriously. Additionally, I wish I would have explored other school and interesting programs before staring to take classes at chosen college. That way I could have had an idea of other options or atleast a plan to take the right classes that would transfer.

The major thing I wish I knew was how complicated and different college would be. After I graduated high school, I thought there was plenty of time to get ready for college, but everything happened so fast. Applying for scholarships was a killer, I found out too late that I could have applied for more scholarships, but the deadline had passed. I wish I had known more about the placement test because I found out that I didn't even have to take the ACT. I wish I'd known about the large workload and little social time there was.

College is hard. It is not something to take lightly. It is a wonderful yet terrifying experience. In returning to school after ten years you realize all your learning skills are rusty. I wish I had taken refresher courses to better prepare myself upon entering college. I wish I had known what a rewarding experience this is. My first quarter ended with a 4.0 GPA. What a rush to be able to motivate my children to strive for excellance.

I wish I would have known that there is a limited amount of help, some of the teachers can be rude to the students and not preform the correct duties. I also would have like to know that the people that I am surronded by do not care about anything but themselves. For example, in a quite classroom someone has their Ipod blasting during class, or they just shove in the hallways, or be rude towards the prfessors.

I wish I had known how important school was when I was in high school. I didn't get out of high school what lots of people do, and I regret that. Because of this, I didn't choose to further my education until much after high school. I'm happy to be doing so now, however, I feel that I could be more successful now had I seen the importance much earlier.

Before coming to CSCC I wish I had known how difficult it can be to go back to school after a hiatus. Paying for school and balancing work and classes, and do homework are just some of the challenges I face! You need motivation and determination to stick with your goal, knowing that once it is accomplished, it will be worth all the hard work!

Everything at this school is what i needed. I just wanted a school where i could get my two year degree before i go on to get my bachelor's degree. I am staying pretty busy splitting time between work and school. I suppose i wish i would of known how tight money was going to be.

I wish I had known that I should have applied myself more in high school to prepare myself academically for college. It's not as if I didn't know, it's just I didn't make academics a priority but focused on sports instead.

I wish I would of know how accessable my education was. The fact that I can juggle a son with autism, a job, and an education all at the same time.