Florida Gulf Coast University

« See more reviews of Florida Gulf Coast University

The thing I liked best about at Florida Gulf Coast University and that I tell my friends about is the fact that they meet your educational needs and make it accessable to you. For example, they provide a variety of different courses online as well as on campus. This means if you need a certain class, but have time constraints you can take the class online. The online courses are user friendly and have different resources available on the online course site. No matter if you are taking a class on campus or online you still get sastifactory education.

FGCU is my dream school, so when I brag about it I go on and on. Of course, being from Chicago, it is only natural to explain the beach on campus, the campus recreation activites every weekend, and the wonderful weather and palm trees that surround me. However, these are just the added benefits. What really caught my eye was the class sizes, the personal attention available from all the professors, and also how new all of the facilities were. It is exciting to be a part of one of the fastest growing schools in the nation too!

When I tell my friends about my college I mostly brag about the atmosphere. There is freshness about my campus that I have not experienced at any other school I have visited. Every aspect of my campus is clean, safe, beautiful, and natural. From my dorm window I can gaze out unto the rich greens and browns of the nature preserves as they fade into the bright blue horizon. I can breathe crisp fresh air as I walk to class in the mornings. As one who prioritizes the natural world, I cannot help but brag about my campus.

I am enrolled in a distance learning program at my school. This means that my classes are online, however, I brag that I still feel as if I am there on campus. I receive excellent feedback from my professors and I am able to communicate with other students and get help from them if needed. Many people hear about online classes and fear that they will be difficult to understand, but with the communication level through the school's online site the classes are simple if you just work hard and ask for help if needed.

I brag about the fact that my school chooses to be environmentally sustainable, which is in tune with my career goals. The university isn't "landscaped"; it lets the natural landscape around it influence how the campus is layed out. The boardwalk goes right through a natural existing wetland with cypress and interesting native vegetation, so students get to experience a little wildness while walking to class. There is also a "solar farm" to help with powering the school.

The atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and welcoming, we have great nature on campus with lots of protected land, trails, and wildlife including gators and racoons. It's located not too far from the beaches, but far enough away that it is not on your doorstep (though there is a lake-front beach in the North Housing complex). The facilities are great and with the group study rooms now needing to be "checked out" it makes finding somewhere to study much easier.

Although FGCU might not be the biggest university around it offers students with a community almost as if you are at home feeling. The teachers and other employees are very friendly and easy to talk to. And since it is a smaller school you are able to have a closer bond with your teachers enhancing your learning experience. Also the campus is gorgeous and is concidered a green campus because of the extensive natural and low energy utilities.

Florida Gulf Coast University has small classroom settings where the professor can work one on one with students and are able to answer any questions you may have related to the course. No professor here wants to see their students fail, they are willing to work with you during their office hours or by appointments to answer questions and help you with concepts that you do not understand very well.

One of the most positive things about my school is of course the location. Florida has the best weather. My school is not too big, it's new, so there are not a lot of students here yet, which helps out in communicating with the teachers. They pay more attention to you and always have time for you, since they don't have too many studens in their classes.

FGCU is a great environment for learning and growing as a student and young adult! The smaller class sizes promote getting to know professors and there are opportunities for research! FGCU has many ways to become involved, make friends, and serve the community.