Florida Gulf Coast University

« See more reviews of Florida Gulf Coast University

Florida Gulf Coast University is surrounded by a very wealthy community and elders. Several private golf course communities border FGCU's campus. I am on the women's golf team so this aspect of FGCU is a great resource. Otherwise, having a clear idea of the growing universities surrounding lifestyles can affect the choices of the students attending FGCU. I have been there for almost 2 years and have seen many students transfer out because they are looking for a larger, more football-oriented campus (if you know what I mean). Having the campus lifestyle information would be greatly informative.

I wish I had known just how amazing this college was going to be! It is perfect, great atmosphere and great campus. I guess I wish I had known that there was a shopping mall not that far from campus. It makes living on campus and around campus very easy, also there are two apartment complexes that I wish I had known about before I visited so that I could have scheduled a visit. College Club Apartments is one of the popular student living options near FGCU

I feel that I had no surprises after enrolling in this school. Everything was just as I had heard from other students and heard from counselors. Everyone at my school is helpful and reaching academic goals seems easy. The school requires volunteer work and an environmental course, but both these requirements are extremely helpful. The environmental class helps you realize your surroundings as well as the environment around the campus.

Before attending Florida Gulf Coast University, I wish I had known to be more comfortable in my own skin. People are going to judge you no matter what, so you might as well be as completey you as you can be. The right people will love you and having these people by your side is all that matters. Life is wasted to often by students trying to fit in, so just know to be yourself at all cost and you will find happiness.

I wish I had known how much Greek life contributes to the overall campus experience here. We don't have a lot of people attend sports events on campus, and there isn't to much on campus or off campus to facilitate friendships as easy as it would be at a larger college. Joining a sorority on this campus helped me network with many like minded, ambitious girls, and I know that they will be my friends for life.

I wish I knew how hard it was to get into classes. The university has different days for you to register for classes based on your class rank. The bad part about this is at midnight you have over 2,000 students trying to register for classes they need and it causes the system to crash. So your chances for getting a certain class become slimmer and slimmer.

I wish that I would have been more familiar with the the unique dichotomy beteween students and faculty. The faculy at this school are young, very engouraging and involved in student life. They are also primarilly liberal in most fields of study. The students, however, are very conservitave based as a whole. It makes the learning here very unique.

I wish I knew how much the school had to offer. My first year I wasn't involved at all. Towards the end I started learning about all the clubs and activities available at the school. Get involved! It made my next few years so much fun! I made friends in my classes however those I met through the clubs are now extremely close.

There is not much I wish I would have known, because I was well informed before coming to this school, through academic advisors and the school's freshman orientation. The work load is fair and balanced if students use their time wisely, and the professors are always available to help when needed.

I wish I would've had better time management skills, and proper studying skills. I've had a crash course since attending college, but it didn't take me that long to get a strong grip of it. With those set aside, I would've told myself to set soome money aside and save it! College is expensive!