Steubenville, OH
Franciscan University of Steubenville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Franciscan University of Steubenville

If I could give my high school self advice, I would tell myself to be more confident in my ability to make friends. I left for school not knowing anyone and not having any confidence in myself in the way of making good girl friends. It took me a while because of this lack of confidence but once I gained confidence, I was able to make the best friends I've ever had. Making these friends earlier in my college career would have been so much better for me and is something I would tell myself to work on at the beginning of college.

People who desire to learn and succeed in life are the type of people who should attend this school. Without students who want to learn, the school wouldn't function.

I think everyone should have the opportunity to attend college during their lifetime but there are some people who have no desire to do school. Although I still think they should have an education, if they have no desire to learn they will be wasting their money and possibly being a distraction to other students around them because of their lack of focus, making it hard for other students to learn.

Zachary

Be ready! Do not goof off in high school and make sure you pay attention and ask questions. When you do start the college life make sure you give yourself more then enough time to study and do your homework. Just commit yourself and you will do fine. Also make sure that you have a good support system around you. Good people and good advice equals good life. Be patient and good things will follow. Just stay strong and never give up!

Luke

The Catholic orthodoxy makes Franciscan stand apart from other universities. A resolute determination to teach the faith and allow students to grow in their own as well as the integration of faith and academics makes Franciscan a unique university.

Stay calm about the college search. Don't fret, because eventually you'll find the right school. I wish I could have known this piece of advise when I was looking at colleges--because the search and decision-making became very stressful.

I love the faith environment and Catholic orthodoxy that is unique at Franciscan. Both of these elements make Franciscan a remarkable and extraordinary secondary institution.

Colleen

Franciscan University of Steubenville is a school dedicated to forming the mind, body and spirit of each of its students. The faculty and staff at Franciscan University strive for academic excellence while remaining firmly rooted in the university's passionately Catholic identity. Student's are encouraged to look beyond themselves and to discover ways to transfrom their communities and the culture at large. Franciscan is so much more than just a university; it is a way of life.

If you are looking to refine your talents and gifts, challenge your mind intellectually, grow in moral virtue and serve as a witness of hope to the world, Franciscan University of Steubenville is the place for you.

Kristin

I would tell myself not to worry about fitting in and being accepted. Be yourself and be strong in your own identity and you will find your place. Don't bother comparing yourself to others, everyone has a different journey in life that they must follow. Don't be scared as you begin a new chapter in your life. Yes, there will be challenges and it will be hard at first to be so far away from home, but you will be stronger for it and prove to yourself that you can do it! Don't be afraid of the future, there are many happy times to come!

It's passionately Catholic, not Catholic in name only like many other universities.

It's small so it doesn't have a lot of student resources

Katherine

Katherine to a Katherine. There is so much out in the world for you. What you see now is not all there is. Apply yourself in everything you do so that when it comes time to face difficult challenges, you will have the strength to overcome them. Although you think you know where your life is going, although you have planned every step of your future, realize that you don't have all the answers. Be open to change. Hope for the future, it's going to be amazing. Trust God, not in who you think God is, or in your own capabilites. You're just a little girl, relax and grow. This new ride will be exciting and challenging. You're going to struggle, you're going to grow. Study when your tired, the knowledge you'll gain is worth it. Remember that everything you do, even homework, is for a reason. Don't give up when you're frustrated, keep pursuing knowledge, friends, life, God. They're all worth it. Fun is important, too. Sing! Laugh with friends and enjoy life. Meet new people and learn from them. Embrace what is ahead freely. Be at peace.

The surroundeing area is disgusting. It is right next to a factory, so the air is fowl. I've woken up during the night because the air is so bad. Steubenville, Ohio is just plain ugly!

I describe it as very Catholic, a place to grow and develope physically, spiritually, academically, and personally. There is an overwhelming feel of community there. The education is first rate. The teachers are incredibly scholarly and intellegent, yet incredibly personable. You get the sense that they care about each student. The compus life is fantastic! Franciscan University has been my dream school pretty much all my life.

Allison

Franciscan University of Steubenville is a school that provides not only challenging academic growth, but also great spiritual growth.

The advice that I would give myself would be "live in the present moment". By living in the present, you are able to address the current worries and enjoy the present joys. If you are constantly worrying about "what if" situations, you are worrying for nothing. It just distracts you and makes you more stressed than what you need to be. So long as you do your best, you can't go wrong. Study when you need to, but also relax when you have to--you'll go insane whether you over-study or procrastinate. There is a time and place for everything--a time to work and a time to relax. Living in a balance between the two will give you the best college experience, one that is sucessful and full of fun memories.

I believe that the opportunities that Franciscan University of Steubenville provides are the best things about it. Franciscan University offers a variety of classes that will help one grow intellectually. It also provides many opportunites for one to either learn or grow in the Catholic faith.

starkeshia

I would go back and take away the fact that I got knocked up, not regreating the fact that I love my daughter with all my heart, but I would have waited until I had a college education so that I could have had a beeter job to sussport and take care of her. I am a christan and I believe God has aplan and purpose for all our lives and even though things happened the way they did God still has a plan for our lives and now its to attend college and do all the things required og my Lord as well as myself. Thank you for taking time out to listen. God Bless~

priscilla

The most important lesson I have learned in life is that Education has never been more important than it is right now. Besides the obvious educational development, the educational experience creates an environment that allows many skills that will be useful later on in life, and maybe pick up on talents you never thought you had before. While still high school my biggest advice to you is to stretch your brain. Take a class that intimidates you. If you can face those challenges, work hard and enjoy them, you will succeed. Also, do not be afraid to approach your teachers and ask for help. This experience will make you a stronger student, prepare you for future academic challenges and help you in a future job and/or grad school. Education gives you enhanced skills that you already possess and brings out skills you never imagined having. Even if you are a pro athlete, actor or musician, someone could argue that getting an education is not as important. This may seem logical; however, they are wrong because education gives you lifelong tools that will help your journey in the real world be more pleasurable and profitable.

The best thing about my school is how they truly live up to their mission statement: "Academically excellent. Passionately Catholic." They have taught me that education matters more than anyone can imagine. Classes are challenging yet very rewarding and teachers truly care and want the best for their students. They strive to express to their students to be proud of their faith and that they can live there faith in everything they do in life. Franciscan University has taught me that college gives you enhanced skills that you already possess and brings out skills you never imagined having.

Before coming to this school I wish I would have known how to really study for exams. Franciscan University has a very challenging yet excellent academic field; however, I never really knew how much time I should take in studying for a class and I didn’t know the tactics on how to study. After coming here, I have found it to be a struggle to train myself on how to study each day for classes. It would have made things easier if I had worked harder before hand in learning how to study.

It is the most authentically Catholic school in the country. I just love it!

It is the most authentically Catholic school in the country. I just love it!

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would just tell myself to relax and enjoy the high school experience before it would be gone in the blink of an eye. I spent the last half of my senior year really worried about where I was going to go to college, what would be the best choice, where was the money coming from to attend school, was I going to pass my AP classes.....the list went on and on. I just needed to breath and realize that it was all going to work out ok. Other advice I would give myself would be to apply to a ton of scholarships, no matter how much the money was that was offered, because every little bit helps. Lastly, I would encourage myself to shadow more people at their work places of careers that I was interested in to help me figure out what to major in college.

How Catholic it is. How friendly everyone on campus is.

Franciscan University of Steubenville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.