Steubenville, OH
Franciscan University of Steubenville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Franciscan University of Steubenville

Machelle

Franciscan University is academically challenging and passionately Catholic.

Franciscan University is academically challenging and passionately Catholic.

Don't stress about what is to come. You will do amazing in college if you keep motivated during high school. God will provide everything you need to succeed in school.

There is so much to do and I never seem to have enough time to do everything! I love that there's a large venue of activities but it's so hard to decide which to do and which not to do.

Mary

There are things in life that matter more than fitting in. You don't have to learn to be passive about your beliefs for the sake of getting along or having people to be around. There's that song by The Fray that says "sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same," and that is so applicable here. It's easy to lose yourself or your values because of peer pressure. This message is said over and over and kids these days are bombarded with it all the time, but you need to know that it's true. The more you stick up for yourself and what you believe in, the happier you'll be at the end of the day. Don't compromise who you really are for the sake of someone else or other people. Dr. Seuss says it best: "Be what you are and say what you mean because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind." I won't try to tell you that it is easy, because it's not. But remember after every agony of every trial, you will emerge stronger than before!

The best thing about Franciscan is the incorporation of faith and reason into the curriculum. The classes not only challenge students to reach out of their comfort zone, but also relate faith into our everyday lives! Knowing that faith matters is crutial to our success post-graduation, and Franciscan is no doubt the best place to learn that.

While Catholics are definitely the majority here, there are students from other faiths, and there are opportunities for everybody to get involved. The student population is also very diverse in terms of socioeconomic backgrounds, age, and plans in life. Franciscan has a niche for everyone, but those looking to grow in faith will have the most opportunities and the best experience.

Anna

Theology Major and the Theology Grad program. Also it's study abroad program in Austria.

If it was possible for me to give advice to my former self, I would say that it is more important to make goals for your life and then to do whatever you need to do to achieve them. I would also say that it is more important to be happy in a situation then to perhaps choose the safer option for the wrong reasons. It is imperative to make conscious decisions in order to come to informed and mature decisions in situations that have such an impact with the future of where one's life is headed. But, at the same time, remember to have fun and to understand how important it is to pick somewhere that you will be able to become the person who you are meant to be. As Frost says, "Two roads diverged in the woods and I took the one less traveled and it has made all the difference."

The lack of diversity becasue the students are not well rounded or seem very motivated to have different views or a more global mindset.

Tess

My school is a conservative, friendly, religious, exciting, academic, student-focused campus.

My school has a very friendly and religious atmosphere, and wants to ensure that students are prepared for life. They ensure that we use our reasoning and critical thinking skills, and part of the coursework is fieldwork.

I would tell myself to push myself to apply for more scholarships, work harder in school academically, participate in extra-curricular activities, and learn time-management skills. I would tell myself to look at several campuses, paying special attention to cost (including travel expenses), academics, environment, and resources around th campus, and I would encourage myself not to be afraid to discuss such things with the admissions office. If I knew anyone attending the university, I would speak to them about their experiences (good and bad) and how they like where they are, and especially if they could see me being happy there. Also, I would talk to my teachers in regard to what they knew about college and to which schools I might want to apply. I would also let myself know that things will work out as long as I work hard and do my best, and do not stress about the little things in life. And if I don't know what major I will be, I will figure those things out later. There's no immediate rush to know the future, especially when I need to be focusing on graduating from high school.

Nancy

Franciscan University of Steubenville one of the very few universities in the United States that provides solid academics with an environment of authtic Christian living.

Seventeen years have passed since that beautiful June morning when at last I held my high school diploma. The four years that followed were filled with joys, sorrows, challenges and triumphs. Thrown suddenly into the world of unchecked freedoms, there were many lessons I had to learn the hard way... I can still see young and idealistic Nancy rushing into college life and I long to tell her, "Always remember... always remember that you can't do it by yourself. Even though you are 'on your own' now, the principles of honesty, charity and hard work that your parents taught you need to remain with you. Always remember that freedom is not a right to be squandered, but a privilege that allows you to choose goodness, justice, and love. Always remember that this life is not all there is. You are here for a reason, you have a mission, and your choices last for eternity. And most importantly, always remember the love of God. When all else fails, He is there with His unconditional friendship and mercy. Always remember these things, Nancy, and you will be able to give to the world what it is waiting for from you."

Students eager to form not only their minds, but their hearts and souls as well. Franciscan University of Steubenville provides an atmosphere of authentic and vibrant Catholic life. Students should be open to growing in their relationship with God and they will see how they can become a spiritual leader in the world today.

Jacinta

A Catholic college that follows the chuch's magesterium and also offers a quality education in a variety of fields.

If I could go back to high school and give myself advice I would tell myself that grades and involvement in extra curricular activity is far more important in the long run than who is most popular or any of the other petty things that typical high school teenagers worry about. I would tell myself that once I get to college I will realize that the world is so much bigger than what surrounded me in high school and that I will be far more thankful for a high GPA and hard work than that I was popular or accepted in my little high school circle. I would also say that college is not just the next step. It is completely different from high school, it is a real, hard, transfer in to the adult world were you make decisions that will affect the rest of your life and learn to make choices that have real and sometimes scarry consequences. Prepare to work hard, grow up, trust, and persevere then you will be ready for one of the greatest and most rewarding adventures in your life.

Because it is not very large or well know outside of Catholic circles it is hard to recieve outside finacial aid.

Kevin

"Passionately Catholic, Academically Challenging"

"Passionately Catholic, Academically Challenging"

The greatest tool for success in finding a university is self-knowledge. This is the foundation and springboard of discernment.

Someone who is Roman Catholic and believes in the necessity of integrating Faith and reason.

Everyone at this school looks out for each other and encourages and supports each other in all endeavors. It is an accurate statement to say that everyone is one big happy family here. The Catholic faith is lived out everywhere: in the classroom, on the palying field, and in the community. Jesus is present in the Eucharist in every dorm building, in the main chapel, and in the Portiuncula Chapel (a replica of the chapel St. Francis built in Italy).

The advice I would give to parents and students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience is this: can you picture yourself on campus, taking part in the extracurricular activities the school offers, and being excited about what each new class will bring? When I visited my school for the first time I was a little apprehensive about being 600 miles (11 hours) away from home. After that first visit I was confident that the adjustment would be easy since I had observed and learned about the community-like environment. It was true ? I fit right in. I knew that similar, friendly, and like-minded people were students there so I was welcomed in a great way. You want to find a school where you can feel that atmosphere and you definitely want to visit all of the schools you are looking at to see which ones will be the best fit for you and which ones you can picture yourself walking around campus at. Even if you have to go far to find a school that is the perfect fit, it will be more than worth it!

Someone who wants to grow in their Roman Catholic faith, make lifelong friends, become actively involved in the community, missions work, or conservative activist groups (such as Students for Life), and who wants to prepare themselves very well for their career choice.

Adam

My school is acedemically challenging and passionately catholic.

My school is acedemically challenging and passionately catholic.

It's religious tradition (Fesivals of Praise) and Nursing program

The best advice i can give about finding the right college is to visit the college and just sit and watch the students walk by. Any college that you can sit and not see a single group of people walking around is for those people that like to sit inside and watch tv and movies all day. A college where everyone walks around without talking to eachother is for those who really want to study hard. And a college who's students walk together talking and smiling and are everywhere is for the people who love the social life. My advice is to figure out what you want from the college experience and search for a college that will fill your need their is a college for everyone don't settle and whatever you do don't follow a girl or guy to college it will most likely end badly.

Mary

This school is beautiful inside and out.

This school is beautiful inside and out.

I have never felt so welcomed by so many people who care for me and my well being. I do not think that I will ever be in another place where so many beautiful people are gathered at one time. This school emphasizes academics, but mainly in the context of the well being of the students life. Everyone here loves being Catholic. Everyone here loves life, in all its stages. What is emphasized the most here is God's will for the student's life.

Do what YOU want. If you have a desire to go to a cetain school or study in a certain field, then by all means go for it! God gave you that desire for a reason. Listen to Him. As far as practical advice, the main thing that helped me was sleep. Don't stay up until the wee hours of the night . A regular sleep shedule helped me to stay focused. If you have any questions about anything in your classes, go talk to your professor. My professors loved it when I did that. I even found a friend in one of my professors by doing this. As a result, I got so much more out of her class. Visiting your professors may even earn you a few extra points in your grade. Do your best at everything. Live your college life to the fullest. You will get out of your college experience what you put into it. Even if your grades aren't the highest, and your social status not the most glamorous, just do your best. That is all you can and are meant to do.

Franciscan University of Steubenville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.