Washington, DC

Gallaudet University

« See more reviews of Gallaudet University

for students during your high school year, i suggest you to do a tour at variety of colleges you are thinking about going so you could make the right decision before going and talk about it with your counselor at high school. for parents to help kids with the price for the college and support your kids' decision what they want to do.... and mail some goodies from home so we, students, could think of our home! :-)

I received BA in Art History and Museum Studies...that is what I got out of my college. I was not able to use my major in a school setting since No Child Left Behind (NCLB) did not include art education. However, the fact that I have a BA allows me to continue my education. I received a MA in Deaf Education. I have maintained contact with my friends from college. I am a member of the alumni sorority.

Parents are to provide moral and emotional support to their children who attend colleges, though they must not encourage their children to come home often. Students must not isolate themselves in their dorm rooms, which easily results in being unhappy and unsatisified with their college experience and eventually withdraw from college without even fully experiencing it.

Ultimately it is up to the students to make their choice. I believe student should feel comfortable in their environment. It is not easy to look at colleges and wonder which fits person most. I think small classes are best to look at as option for college because you get more quality time with professor and be able to get more attention.

Make sure you visit the college prior to enrolling. Make sure that there is a campus setting that makes you feel at home, having a nice wide campus helps keep you from over stressing. Also an area where there are plently of new spaces to study at, that way you do not always go to the same place, its always nice to start new.

My suggest is when you finding the right college, you should go visiting that campus and see if you like it or not. And do your research before you pick your own college. Make sure, that college is for your future and match ur major. DO NOT GO COLLEGE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE WITH YOUR FRIENDS. Make your own decision!

Stay overnight before you choose to attend the school, sorry parents, but allow your kids a little freedom on campus so they can get a feel for the atmosphere, the enviornment outside of the campus and whether or not they can imagine themselves there and happy in the future.

I have learned more than I thought I could in just the first half semester. I feel confident in my choice of career path and am ready to keep working hard to attain my degree. I have a 4.0 and plan on keeping it that way.

What have I gotten out of my college experience is myself. I learned alot about myself and I am ready for the world. It valuable to attend because it like home.

Visit the campus and get know the students and to research what kind of courses they offer. Sit in during class to observe teachers and talk with students.