George Washington University

« See more reviews of George Washington University

It's a very unique experience and is very much a part of and is influenced by Washington D.C. as a whole. 10,000 students is a perfect size for me. The administration sometimes seems to overlook small student concerns that would make a huge difference, such as charging us 9 cents every time we print.

Living in DC is great, you are in a metropolitan area and walking distance from great shops and restaurants in Georgetown. The biggest complaint students have is about food. The freshman food plan could use serious revising and there need to be healthier and more variety of options available.

There are two social scenes at GW: the long island, Jewish, scene that revolves around clubbing and the Greek scene of bars and formals. I am in a fraternity and I wouldn't have it any other way. I really like the guys that I've met through it and I definitely enjoy the parties.

I love GW because of the urban environment. It is definitely in the city but it is not too overwhelming and there is a real feel of a campus at the same time. There are also so many great opportunities for internships and jobs that it would be stupid not to come. I love it!

Our campus in the middle of the metropolitan DC area is the best of both worlds: we are a college campus with a very campus-y feel, but we can take a drunk monument tour whenever we want. Also, the endless internship and experiential learning opportunities is invaluable.

The location is the best part, right in the middle of DC. It's a good size and the urban setting gives off a campus-y feel too. Not too much school pride because of a lack of interest in athletics, which is unfortunate. Students often complain about the food in J street.

I love GW. It was my first choice so I was thrilled to get in. I wanted an urban campus but something that still felt like a community which i think GW provides. I like that I am in a huge important city but on campus i only will see GW students, many of whom I know.

THe best thing about GWU is the location and the opportunities that being in DC provides. I have benefited incredibly because of the connections I have made in the city, and the people that I have come in contact with simply because of going to school here.

The best thing about GW are the opportunities you get to meet people from all different backgrounds: from Dubai, to Africa, to Hong Kong, there are so many people here with interesting stories to tell about their homelife and childhood.

The location. Freshman dorms. Just right. They are jealous. Dorms College 'city' No opinion Harsh comments towards Muslims No Students have more independence than at other schools. Bidding my sorority ?? I dont know.