Gustavus Adolphus College Top Questions

Before coming to this school, I didn't know a lot about the world around me. I was stuck in my own little world. I would challenge prospective students to explore and do research about life outside of their comfort zone. I am currently involved in multiple social justice organizations and activities, and I have loved the opportunity to learn new things every single day. I would challenge someone that is thinking of coming here to realize that Gustavus is a campus devoted to teaching and embracing all different ideas and cultures.

amanda

I wish I would have never wasted my time looking at other colleges. I knew from the moment I stepped on to the lovey campus, that there was no other school for me. I wish I knew how friendly the staff were before I looked at all those other colleges. I wish I knew that I should have found a way to audtion LIVE for the Jussi Bjorling scholarship because my tape was poor and I didn't witn the scholarship. I wish I would have known how NICELY I would fit in, how fast I would make new friends.

I wish I would have know how heavy the homework there would be. It is much larger than what I was expecting. It was a big change from my high school and took a while to adjust to.

Kirsten

The one thing that I wish I would have known before coming here would be about the work load. I'm sure that the transition between high school and all colleges comes as a shock to incoming freshman; it would have been nice to know right away what was expected of us.

Mai

I wish that i would had known about the history of this school and how it all got started.

Better idea of what I wanted to do. There are so many classes I want to take, but do not have time for.

Carl

I wish I had known that there are essentially two types of students here: those who don't need financial aid and don't seem to care about their studies and those who receive financial aid and scholarships and work extremely hard and have high accademic goals.

I wish I would have known how much work I was going to have to put into my academics. I know I could have done better during my first two years here, but I don't think my high school did a very good job of preparing me for an institution like this one.

having money makes life a lot easier

After visiting Gustavus, I felt good about the sense of community here. After actually attending the school, I've become much more aware of that community and how much it permeates throughout the college experience here. It's really great, and would have bumped Gustavus up to the top of my list, so I'm very glad I came here.

Denise

It is good to get involved in activities right away instead of waiting and starting later.

Marit

i wish i would have known how cold it got in the winters.

Trent

That the mid-west and its people is hella boring and getting a 3.5 GPA to maintain my President's scholarship would be fuckin' hard.

The school is deceptive. It appears to be a welcoming place but once you are there it is like a prison. The administration is political and does not have the student's best interests at heart. They nickle and dime the students like its their job, and the rules and regulations are out of controll. They care little about the students and care most about the college's reputation. The students are freindly for the most part and the food is good, however there are little other choices for food around campus.

You need to put time into your classes and study to get good grades. It's not like high school.

I wish I had known that it was very academically challenging. It's definitely doable but can be very tough. I also wish I would have known how liberal it was. I am a conservative and sometimes my views aren't recieved well among students and professors. But overall it is a really great school.

More about all of the activities to be involved it. There are so many here, and now that I'm a sophomore it's great to see all of the opportunities that lie ahead of me, and it is wonderful to be apart of community service organizations, a varsity sports team, and to be recognized by the school as being in one of the best soroities on campus.

Nothing really

I wish I'd known that we are a homework heavy college in comparison to a lot of other schools.

nothing