Hamburg, NY
Hilbert College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hilbert College

Danielle

My classmates are able to work together and share thoughts about the topic without harming anyone.

My school is unique because the professors really care about our future. Although we are a small college the professors are able to work with every student individually to improve and encourage our academic behavior. Compared to every other college we aren't considered just a number in a class but a person who wants to be successful with the guidance of their professors and faculty.

The advice I would give myself as a student in college is learning about financial aid/FAFSA, developing better writing skills, and preparing for classes. As a junior in college I have no understanding on how to complete my financial aid. I believe in all High Schools there should be an optional college 101 class for those that want to attend college within their junior year. This class will prepare students with the knowledge of their own budget and what they need to complete their financial aid/FAFSA correctly. While attending High School I only received two ten page papers and now that I’m in college I receive ten page papers in every course. At first I struggled and attended the tutors quite frequently because High School didn’t prepare me for all these assignments at one time. As I prepare myself for classes in college it’s very different than High School. In High School I was able to submit assignments in late without being penalized, but being a college student professors don’t accept late assignments. I also believe I should’ve token advantage of tutoring more and learning better study habits for quizzes, midterms and exams.

Veronica

Hilbert College has a friendly, safe and fun atmosphere.

Hilbert College has a friendly, safe and fun atmosphere.

If i had the chance to go back and give myself advice i would take it in a heartbeat. There are a few things that i would like to change about high school. I would tell myself to study harder so i would have higher grades and make the top ten list. I would tell myself to talk to the teachers more and even get close to couple more than i did. That way i could get more references than i had and not always use the same people. Also i would have more support through high school. Im not sure about the transition advice becuse i did okay with tht. I was excited for a new beginning and to start college. My first semester went smoothly and i had pretty easy classes. The biggest advice i would give myself is to talk alot more, speak my mind and make my opinion heard. Also dont be afraid of public speaking, we have to do it at some point.

I think that someone who is determined, outgoing, fun, stays on top of things ans isnt going to skip class because they dont feel like going.

Tiffany

If I could go back and talk to my high school self I would tell myself not to drop out! Its very difficult to return!

Monique

I would tell myself to go to community college first instead of a private college for my associate degree. I would also tell myself to apply to many scholarships even thought I may not be up to it. I would tell myself to at least make one connection so I would have a better chance of getting a job when I leave college.

The best thing about my school is the small classes sizes and the friendly environment.

Jasmine

All through grammar school I was such in a big rush to graduate and get into Highschool, I was in a big rush to grow up. Once I graduated from 8th grade I was more than ready to be a freshman in Highschool. Those four years in Highschool were the best days of my life, I loved it. Once I became a senior reality hit me. Within twelve months I would be entering into a whole new world, the College world. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would remind myself to stay focused. Entering into college I realized I had alot of freedom. Teachers were not chasing me down about papers, I didnt have a set bed time. I was pretty much in this cold world by myself. In College you have to look out for yourself because noone else will do it for you. I would tell myself to push for success because Failure is not an option. College is the next best step to further education. Do well, do your homwork. Stay focused.

The best thing about my school is the hands on programs that are offered and the helpful people around the schhol. Everyone is so up-beat and positive that I am always in a good spirit stepping into those classrooms.

I honestly have no complaints, I love everything about my school. The small campus makes it easy to get around. If I ever need help with homework there are plenty of sources I can go to. Im a proud Hilbert College student, best decision I ever made in life was applying here.

Sherita

I believe that Hilbert College is uniquebecause at most schools there are a vast number of students and professors sometimes only acknowledge them by number. At Hilbert, everyone knew everyone! The teachers would know the students by name and I can appreciate the fact that the classes weren't too large.

If I could go back in time and advise myself about college life and the transitional process, I would tell myself to seriously think about what I want to do with my life. Parents and school counselors advise students about this all of the time, however, most young adults do not heed to their advise. I feel that if I would've contemplated more seriously what type of career I wanted to pursue, then I would be that much closer to achieving my goals presently. I would also advise a young person to focus on what they are most interested in doing instead of what others believe they should be doing. If the student does not have a passion for the field they are pursuing it will result in a waste of time and money! In focusing on the career choice that they are interested in, a student can take courses that will enhance their studies and get them that much closer to their occupation of choice.

The best thing about Hilbert College was the direct contact that was obtained from the professors within my field. I received one-on-one communication from not only my teachers but advisors, financial aid counselors, etc. Everyone was very helpful in every decision that I had to make academically. I also felt that the institution prepared me for the career world in that the courses we were taught dealt firsthand with the type of scenarios that would be encountered once we came into the workforce.

Angela

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior, i would say this: First, the most important thing is time management. A balance between social and academic life. Your studies should always come first and it will take great discipline with your new found freedom. Second, you will meet many new people of different race, ethnic, cultural backgrounds. Embrace and learn from those who are different from you. Third, you may have roommates, compromise is the key, as they may keep different study habits and hours . When all else fails, room by yourself. Fourth, you will have great memories , and maintain life long friendships. Last and most important, you have gained knowledge, and a degree which no one can take from thee. That is my advice to me.

The small college atmosphere. The staff is so helpful, and understanding , willling to help you in any way they can. The students are also very friendly too

nothing bad to say about it. had a lovely experience there. wish i would started out their in the first place, instead attending another school before hand

cashmere

The thing that I have gotten out of my first semester is that it is not high school anymore. College is something totally different from high school. In high school not showing up to class on numerous occassions was not a big deal, but in college not showing up to class can be a big affect on grade and lower down your GPA. Furthermore my college experience so far is that I have learn alot in the pass 4 months I have been here. There are some things I wish the school would do more concerning the social life, but the classes and the staff around the school are very helpful. They actually care about our education, unlike how individuals say the teachers do not care about you in college. So not true. Overall in my college experience so far I have learned a lot and made some mistakes, but I will learn later on as my college learning will continue.

The things I wish I had known before coming to this school was how the social life output took place. Many students who come to this school are from the area and on weekends go home. I wish there was more activites on campus especially on the weekends for students who are not able to travel back home because of long distance.

The kind of person that should attend this school is an individual who is dedicated to their works and study. Furthermore the kind of person who comes to this school should not play around when it comes to work, because this is an expensive school to attend. Not having the right kind of attitude when coming to class and not doing the work is just a waste of time and money.

I love the fact that my school is small, and it allows you to have more one on one time with professors.

My classmates are very friendly and helpful.

I love going to hilbert college, it is fun and i have learned a lot in these three years. This is a people friendly college, the professors always are there if you need help.

I like this school because the class rooms are small, and you have more one on one time with the teachers.

I learned alot about the field im trying to enter

I wish that i would have known that they dont try and help you with your financial needs.

Hilbert College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.