Jacksonville State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Jacksonville State University

Jada

My opinion of JSU is that it is a beautiful campus with beautiful people. I have loved visiting the campus on multiple occasions and cannot wait to continue my education at JSU. I have met some of my closest friends through Jacksonville and can’t wait to continue with them!

Erica

Jacksonville State University is an amazing school. They have very nice facilities. Food is okay. they are very friendly. the classes are very well sized. On and Off campus living is excellent. The campus is close to stores. They are very focused on Academics. The athletics program is excellent. Overall I would say Jacksonville State University is an A+ school.

Tori

I loved it when I went there and I hope my daughter, Tori, will also. She will be graduating in May of 2021 from high school and is currently making many decisions regarding college. She has always wanted to be a history teacher and make a difference in other people's life. I'm excited about this chapter for her and I know she will love college as much as I did.

Bethany

It's not worth it unless you're getting a degree for free here. The exact same level of challenge I had from community college, but it was more expensive. If I could go back I'd do this exact degree online at Alabama for the same price. Only half the professors seem to care.

Jazmine

Jacksonville State University is a great place to go to school. It is very easy to find yourself, and where you fit in on campus. There are many different clubs and organizations to get involved in and really become a part of the community. Although it is a great school, it maybe difficult to adjust to the small town lifestyle. Getting involved on campus and meeting new people can make a big difference, and help to make you feeI more at home. The academic aspects of college life are really taken seriously here, which is great since it can easily be forgotten by students who are on their own for the first time. The teachers and advisers make themselves available which helps the students to stay grounded and adjust well to the new environment.

Dee

It's a friendly community. The students are always nice and caring. The Drama department is amazing but their Biology department is trash. I will be transferring to a different school in the fall, to a school that is known for having a great Biology department and a medical school as well.

Kennedi

Kathleen

JSU is a great small town school. It offers a variety of opportunity for anyone, concerning different majors, club/organizations, and jobs. The student population is diverse, as well as the faculty. The academics are great, but challenging, the social life is always intriguing, and the campus is lovely.

malissa

to me it is the friendlist campus I have visited and that is why I chose Jacksonville State University.

logan

Jacksonville State University is an amazing school. The atmosphere and the campus itself just makes me feel at home. I am hoping to attend there next fall.

Jacksonville is a good medium size school, and it is in the mountains which looks gorgeous. Because it is farther away it does not have many shops or other things to do on campus. If you are not involved with campus life you will be bored out of your mind! It is in the deep south so many of the students are more conservative, but not necessarily hateful or ignorant. They just enjoy hunting more than most! I still love my college though and would not pick any other.

Hailee

They live up to their reputation of being the friendliest! I love it here! The teacher are great about working with you, and everyone here is so nice!

Shelby

JSU is my home away from home. I always feel safe and protected on campus. Everyone is friendly and supportive of each other, the overall feel on campus is positive. There is always something to do on off days and usually they're provided by the school to the students for free. JSU is not perfect, but they strive for excellence in every field and it shows. The professors know me by name and make it a point to check on each student. Honestly attending Jacksonville State University was the best decision I've made.

McKena

I absolutely love it here! I fell in love with the campus and the surrounding areas a long time ago so I chose to apply and when I got accepted I knew this would be my home. I currently live on campus in a dorm and I love it. They take security and the students very seriously. They listen and try to approve accordingly. I couldn't recommend a better college then "J-S-You".

Cayla

Jacksonville State University is a fantastic college. With the music school, education school, and now nursing school becoming some of the top schools in the state of Alabama, and in other states near by. As a Psychology major, I am given more then enough opportunities for research, and one-on-one work with professors to better myself and my education. This a fantastic school with fantastic people.

Jacksonville State University is a place where community involvement and academics are a priority. I love being a part of this family! The class size is another thing that I love. The teachers are able to get to know individual students and are invested in their academic careers. This was my first choice school, and I am so glad I ended up here!

Rebekah

It is a wonderful school. It truly is the friendliest campus in the south! The teachers are nice and very easy to get along with. Everyone is usually willing to lend a helping hand no matter the situation. Campus life is great, but so is off-campus life. It is a great university and a wonderful experience.

Bayleigh

I love this school. Everyone is so nice and everyone here is here to set you up for success! The teachers are always there to help. There are plenty of study halls and tutoring services. The campus is the perfect size to walk or drive. Every student here is here to get a degree and have a good time doing it!

Aubrey

I chose JSU because the moment I walked onto campus, I felt like I belonged here. JSU was the first college I visited, and the friendliness of everyone I came in contact with, as well as the beautiful campus won me over. I initially planned to attend for the Nursing Program, but in my first semester, I received an email that JSU had been accredited as a provider for the Bachelors of Science Degree in Respiratory Therapy. The next day, I went to my advisor and changed my major. I knew with all of the options and opportunities JSU allows their students, I would be successful no matter what field I chose to pursue. Another reason I chose JSU was for the Greek life and the philanthropies they support. I've been involved in community service all of my life, and I wanted to continue to do so. Not only am I able to fill that obligation of myself, but through Zeta Tau Alpha, I've also become involved on campus. Best of all, I've gained so many friends that I know I will stay connected to for life.

Britnay

Jacksonville state university is overall a great campus. On game days there are many people that come out and support JSU. There are many extracurricular activities to choose from like choir or Drama. The class sizes are small and I believe that helps so it is not too overwhelming. but if you do not like small town living I wouldn't recommend it to you.

Charity

Jacksonville State University is an amazing college. It’s fun of wonderful teachers who care and strive to help their students learn. The campus is beautiful and everything is close so waking is completely safe and normal. This college is perfect for anyone.

JSU is a great school, its growing and with that growth comes updates and renovations that are enhancing our campus's beauty and appeal! We are known for being "the friendliest campus in the south" and that really is true! I would recommend JSU to anyone!

Sydni

Choosing to come to Jacksonville State University was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is a beautiful camps full of wonderful facilities and friendly faces. Students are more than just a number here. The professors really invest into their students.

Natalie

I love it! Classes are small. Faculity is great! People are so nice and friendly. Opportunities for jobs in the area is plentiful. Tutoring is almost always available. Professors keep students informed about everything. Always alot of fun activities.

ToniAmanda

I honestly have a strong belief of what I have been told About Jacksonville because I have heard a lot about how you will not be just a number there and that the professors pay lots of attention to each and every student equally. I am very excited for my upcoming year as a freshman at the university of Jacksonville and am really looking forward to Lynn experience.

Hilda

Jacksonville State is a GREAT university to attend. The instructors are very helpful and well educated. The students are willing to help you find your classes when you feel lost. The living is AWESOME; very clean and quite. I just love being in that environment. The security there do their jobs really well. They are always on point about getting the job done. Jacksonville State is a GREAT place to get your education.

Baileyann

Since the first time I visited Jacksonville State University (JSU) I automatically fell in love. From the people you meet at the university, to the people you meet in town it's a wonderful place. At JSU I feel secure, safe, and accepted by everyone I meet!

Ally

JSU is a great school for the price; tuition is nearly half of what other in-state schools charge, plus JSU has better scholarships. JSU is also a relatively small school, which means teachers and staff are easy to get in contact with and speak to. One downside to the small campus though is the lack of things to do on the weekend. Oxford and Anniston only have so many things to do, and if you aren’t a sports fan, there’s nothing in Jacksonville itself. That’s my only issue.

Breon

This is a great school that can give you great opportunities . I highly recommended this school. the faculty is great and friendly. This school treats you like family and never lets you fall behind. It’s a quite place but you can find lots of stuff to do for fun.

Julean

I personally feel as if Jacksonville State University is overall pretty good. I love the environment and how friendly everyone tends to be. I feel as if Jacksonville State is much more open minded than a lot of campuses. It is constantly trying to make the campus a safe place for everybody which is important to me because it shows me that we truly are the friendliest campus in the south.

Angal

I personally love Jacksonville State University! Everyone is so nice and friendly, and the professors always try to help you when you need it. Jacksonville also provides student with life time opportunities and some amazing experiences like the International House. The campus is also very safe and beautiful.

William

It is a great place to call HOME! The Marching Southerners is my favorite Marching Band in the world I hope to be in their ranks

Josh

My overall opinion of JSU is that it is extremely friendly and proactive about announcing campus events and news. The food here is amazing and so is the gym so I can stay away from gaining the weight that every college student gains. Although the campus is smaller than, say, Alabama or Auburn, it has a certain "home-like" feeling that I did not feel while visiting other colleges. I have been here for 2 years and I absolutely love it.

Demetria

Jacksonville State University is a great school that provides its students with a variety of clubs and activities. JSU is also a safe campus that encourages students to achieve their goals. With a great staff and great food, JSU is the place to be! Even after we had an E-3 tornado hit campus, they still found a way to make JSU our home again. Through its rebuilding processes, we’ve all grown closer. I encourage you all to look at our beautiful campus and remember, stay cocky!

Ty'Tiana

I absolutely love JSU. I have met some of the funniest and nicest friends ever , and I hope to remain super close to them. The teachers will work really well with me if I had to miss a class meeting. The sports events they have are really fun to be at, especially the basketball and football l games due to the fact that they are really good and have won five rings and will continue to win.

Alexus

I love where it is located and the environment, it was the best decision of my life. I enjoy how you can picl out how you want your scheduled to be, you can join different Greek life even ones with your major, there is a good amount of food options but it could be more.

Samuel

They definitely live up to their title as the "Friendliest Campus in the South."

Sabrina

This is the best University you can go to without going too far from home. Great Scholarships and opportunities are always available to those who apply. Teachers care and do everything to help students succeed in and out of class, and the overall community is amazing. You will make more connections and friends than you will know what to do with!

Jacksonville State University is an gorgeous campus. It's a very safe campus considering there are about four police departments have jurisdiction over it. The teachers are very attentive and help in any way they can; you can always email them or go to them during office hours and they will help you. They Marching Southerners are the best band in the South and are truly a huge family.

Heather

I honestly hate how everything is centered around sports, when the music and arts have such a big impact on the university. Parts of the university are falls apart but the athletic programs just keep getting more new buildings and equipment. My department is amazing and everyone including the staff are amazing, and everyone agrees that our money needs to be spent on other things besides to athletic department.

Laramie

I love Jacksonville State its small, but not too small. Professors are generally really nice I've only encountered a couple of professors I don't particularly like to approach, but other than that they are very helpful. Class size is good so you can ask questions in class and not be embarrassed.

morgan

Jacksonville State University is a beautiful campus. It is also a very strong community. The students are involved in campus life and are very friendly. There is always something going on around campus. I love it at Jacksonville State. I cannot wait to officially move in next fall.

Abby

My overall opinion of Jacksonville State University is somewhat average. The campus is growing so the facilities are ever changing due to a recent storm that destroyed parts of the campus. Even though the storm brought mandatory updates, some campus buildings and campus housing need sever updates. We need better off campus housing choices in safer neighborhoods like in a possible gated community with guarded entrances. The campus also needs awareness of rape and how to prevent situations from occurring and informing the student body about correct statistic instead of hiding them under the rug to save the campus from scrutiny.

When I went on campus tour for Jacksonville state I was blown away, but I do have friends that go there who say isn’t all sunshine and rainbows but it’s definitely a top 5 school in Alabama and that it’s always welcomed with open arms. More positive reviews and opinions than negative opinions and personally I love the campus.

Tatum

Jacksonville State University is a school that makes you feel at home. They have all the prep courses needed to make your career happen. Everyone is friendly and helpful and it is a school about being involved. There are plenty of opportunities for everyone of different characteristics to get involved.

Shelby

JSU is a great school to go to for someone who is more comfortable on a smaller campus with smaller class sizes. I personally love going to JSU for these reasons. The campus is beautiful and everything is so close that one can easily walk from class to class. The food is pretty good and decently priced. Also, there is a new recreational center where membership is part of tuition, so all students have to do is show their I.D. to get in. Overall, JSU is the best college that I could have gone to.

Guadlupe

Overall, I am very proud to be a student at Jacksonville State University. The campus truly sticks to its motto, "The friendliest campus in the south!" The students are always willing to help each other both inside and outside the classroom. The faculty is extremely committed to providing a quality education. If you ever need help, the professors will not hesitate to do everything possible to help you succeed. A student would find no problem at all getting involved on campus due to the abundance of clubs and organizations. Jacksonville is home to over a hundred extracurricular activities. Even though the campus was devastated by a tornado in 2018, the city of Jacksonville has managed to return the campus to its original state. Lastly, the food on campus is excellent. They offer a wide variety of locations to eat.

Haley

When you hear of Jacksonville State University as “the friendliest campus” it is without a doubt true. The campus is gorgeous and there are always happy, eager to help to people around. The sports (especially the marching band) are spectacular. I have never fallen in love with a place so fast but as soon as i set foot on this campus I knew I was home. I never doubted for a second that this is where I wanted to spend the next four years of my life. Everyone is so welcoming and it is truly amazing !! By far one the BEST colleges ever !!

Seth

Jacksonville State University is the place to be whenever you want to learn and be educated the right way. Its an amazing University and its traditions are strong. Its not dirty and no one liters because we appreciate our University. I love this place and i cant wait to have kids of my own one day and let them have an amazing experience like I'm having right now.

Noah

Jacksonville State University is a great place to gain an education, make life-long friends, and experience once in a lifetime opportunities. This campus is relatively small, resulting in a safer, more efficient place to learn. I am planning on attending the college whenever I graduate high school due to the advantages this campus has.