Hillsboro, MO
Jefferson College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jefferson College

Andrew

The campus itself is very safe and very easy to navigate. Staff is very friendly and easy to talk to. Students can be kind of distant and in their own world, but that can kind of be expected from a lot of young people in the area. The quality of the classes is high, but accessible.

Mikayla

The community is helpful, not too big, not too small and easy to navigate. I haven't visited the on campus living but when I was young my mom and I stayed at Kids N College there we stayed in a dorm it was neat. I love the gym, admissions, class sizes are usually small some are larger but manageable. The professors are always willing to answer questions and talk to you about your grades or class concerns.

Katherine

I have been at Jeffco for 3 years now, graduating this semester actually, I love this school and it is a great starter option if you're like me and wanted to stay at home a bit longer before going off to university. Plus there pricing is a lot more reasonable than that of a ​university. The class sizes aren't too big either and teachers always seem willing to help and answer any questions that come to mind. I never did the on-campus housing since I'm only 15 minutes from the school but I've heard they're nice as well.

Mary

Great school with great value for the price. It's so much cheaper than going straight to a 4 year university and the wide variety of classes you can take is well worth picking from. There is always something interesting you can take while working towards your degree. There is a diverse group of students, from freshmen right out of high school to older adults who are going back for either a new degree or just to go learn for the sake of learning. My one complaint is there is not that wide of a variety of degrees, which means I am having to go elsewhere to get my degree, but I'm still able to work on general education classes at a much lower cost. I definitely recommend going to Jeffco, even if you're just working on general education requirements before transferring elsewhere like I am. It's worth it.

Michelle

This is a great school with alot of diversity.

This is a great school with alot of diversity.

I think this school is unique because it offers you the choice to either attend classes on campus or at satellite campus. It makes it easier to get the classes that you need and want to take.

Start college right away and take basic core classes until you really know what you want to do for a career. Don't let your or your parents financial situation dictate on when you start college. There are plenty of resources. I am 42 years old and started college last year. I did not start college after high school because I thought that my parents could not afford it. My parents and I did not realize that there are so many ways to get help to pay for college. If I had it all to do over again, I would not hesitate about going to college and would have done research on how to get help to pay for college.

Roderick

The quality of an education at Jefferson College is unique when compared to other schools in the metro St. Louis area. Core education classes as well as degree transfer programs are available. Adults seeking job retraining skills have the opportunity to succeed with the many options available. All of this, and the tution is affordable.

Self, you and I need to have a chat! I have completed three semesters of college level work and along with this accomplishment I have learned a few things: things I wish I?d known my senior year of high school. I want to give you this advice: use the resources available to you. The Writing Lab is invaluable. You and I have a learning disability, that?s not to say we?re stupid, it says it takes longer for us to process written language and to write it. The Writing Lab is available not to do the work, but to proof read and give advice on the editing process. Use the technology of speech recognition; it?s faster for us, you will not have to think about which letters go in which order for each word. Your thoughts will flow allowing the final product to be concise and orderly. The Writing Lab will give us the ability to review grammar and sentence structure with a competent person. Remember what our goal is? To obtain a degree in Outdoor Education; this will give us the opportunity to share the wonders of remote locations with others.

The best thing about Jefferson College is the technology. Each classroom is equipped with Smart Board technology giving easy and concise access to teacher's notes. Each building has wi-fi technology. I have used a laptop as an educational tool since the sixth grade; I find it easy to use the school's network to access the internet or to print documents to the student accessible printer in the library.

Christina

It's an ever-expanding academic arena catering to financially vulnerable students optimistic about expanding their personal, financial and cognitive horizons in order to compete in the contemporary global marketplace.

Christina, sleep more often; it is more beneficial to your mind, body and soul than worrying about the financial aspect of college. You will attend a community college and reap the rewards of your academic endeavors. Though you fear the separation you face from you high school friends, know that it is for the best. You will reunite with them periodically and make new friends and have better adventures in college. You are fully capable of doing the coursework and will easily earn an Honors Diploma. Relax and enjoy the waning days of your adolescence.

Financially savvy students looking for a quality higher education with proximity to their families.

Stacy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school I would have alot of things to say to myself. The first thing would be that college is expensive and to get a head start on saving up for tution. Books and classes are not free like they are in high school. So stop blowing off your paycheck for stupid things you won't even remember or care about later on. Another thing I would tell myself is that your social life and popularity isn't everything. Friends grow farther apart after high school and move on with their own lives. It gets harder to keep in touch with them. Friends come and go, but family is there for you always. So the people you really need to be spending time with is your family. You don't relies how important they are until they are gone. The last thing I would have to say to myself is to enjoy being young and stop trying to grow up so fast. You don't relies how good you have it being a child. You have less responsiblities, less bills, less stress. So enjoy it while you can!

The worst thing I would consider about my school is the lack of clubs, activities, and other social events. It is hard to get to know a lot of people at Jefferson College unless you knew them through high school or something else. It is harder to make friends here then it is other places. It seems like most the people don't want to be involved more then they have to with school. Most of the people have a tight busy schedule and that doesn't leave much time for socialization at school.

Jefferson College would not be ideal for someone looking to join a big school. Or people who are looking to join clubs, activities, or other social connections. There are not as many clubs and activities around as you would see at a university or four year college. Also, people tend to keep to themselves, so it is harder to make friends at this type of college. Also, if you want to go to a school with mostly people of our own age, this is not the right place. There are people of all age groups attending this college.

Jamie

Jefferson College has a larger selection of courses and was closer to home than the other colleges I considered. It's also smaller than other colleges. It's big enough to where I felt like I was getting a college experience but small enough that I easily made lots of friends and everybody was really friendly. My classes were small and I felt like I was getting the attention I needed.

Jamie, advice only means so much because in the end only you can really put it to good use. My first piece of advice is to save. Your grant will pay for most of your college tuition but you also have to buy books, school supplies, gas, and believe it or not, food. If you don't save now, you will really have to scrape, scrounge, and work very hard to afford all of the things you need. And it will take a toll on other aspects of your life. My second piece of advice is to take it slow. I know you want to get out of that small town and see the world but you will miss it more than you think. Don't rush into things you know you aren't ready for. My third piece of advice is to work hard. High school is a comletely different place from college. It may seem the same, but if you don't prepare now, you won't be ready for the difficulty of college work. My final piece of adivce is to stay true to yourself. Just be you and things will work out.

The most frustrating thing was limited job opportunities. Because the college was small, there were not enough jobs for me to get a good chance at getting one. And it was almost impossible to get a job outside of the college because of my hectic class schedule. The only job I ever had on campus was a temporary job at the bookstore due to the holiday rush. It would have been nice to have a permanent job on campus.

Cory

Apply for scholarships! Study and be on task. Be in class on time, and always take notes. Be ready come test time, and get some sleep. Don't stay up late, when there are tests the following day. Always complete the work on time, don't let your study time be involved with other activites. Do your best. If you don't understand something, don't be afraid to ask the instructor. Never be afraid to talk to the instructor after class if you need to talk about something. Believe in what you're doing and don't slack on the work.

The professors are great, the classes are awesome, and the college is local. Having good teachers is the main thing about learning. Having classes I want to be in is definitely a must. Being able to live with my family and go to college is blessing.

The classes are cheap, and the classes are pretty amazing. You learn what you need at a good price.

Jefferson College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.