Leesburg, FL
Lake-Sumter State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake-Sumter State College

Audrey

Lake-Sumter is an amazing school with great teachers! You save a lot of money by attending a Community College and the classes aren't too pricey even for people on a tight budget. I made so many close friends and have tons of interesting stories to tell about this school.

Josephine

Lake-Sumter is actually a state college now, since it offers a four-year program, and is called Lake-Sumter State College (LSSC). This past fall semester was my first semester at LSSC and I was a full-time student who was really involved in extra curricular activities. I feel like LSSC is under-estimated in many ways since people might not fully realize what we have to offer. There are many opportunities inside and outside of the classroom, including academic programs, clubs, scholarships, contests, and events. I feel that if current and prospective students take the time to discover what LSSC has to offer, they'll gain a lot more than expected from college, as I have this semester.

Katrina

It's a pretty good school. It is small, so some of the opportunities are limited. But the student government association is always putting on events, the class sizes are small, and most of the teachers are pretty available. There's some fast food places and a target right around there, as well as a cafe on campus.

Mark

I attened the (south-lake) campus, its exceptionally clean and open with a calm atmosphere.

Look at me! You seriously need to get your act together and manifest the intelligence to do your work. If not your going to experience long, dull, miserable nights trying to learn things you could have learned here in High School. I know you panic when you think about your future and thats because you have every reason to! The way God has shown you how this world is and continues to do so, you wont even be able to get a foot in the door if you don't have a degree let alone most people will consider you an unintelligent failure. It might not mean much to you now but you don't want to let Mom and Dad down they really love and count on your success to bring them great joy in there fleeting days. You need to strive for whats academically righteous and mature at a rapid pace. Develope your work ethic and core knowlege of the basic material being taught or suffer through unnecessary adversity that awaits your years of college life.

I say that the classes can be difficult but the professors are very helpful and quick to befriend.

Fairlite

The samll size of the classes and the hands on assitantance from the faculity.

The samll size of the classes and the hands on assitantance from the faculity.

If I could go back in time I would have three self-suggtions: Suggestion number one was to go and buy a planner. I really recommend this. Once you get all your syllabuses for your classes’ copy all the dates of quizzes, tests, research paper due dates, etc. into it. Then start with your first week. Break down each of your classes. Plan times to study, work on papers, perform research, whatever you need to do. By doing this you will help balance your life. Everything will have a time to be done and most important you won’t have to do anything last minute! Also makes it easier to plan social events, too! Hint, Hint! Suggestion number two was to get organized. Go out and get binders, dividers, a laptop, whatever you need to help keep you organized. The easier it is for you to access your notes, study guides, research information, etc. the better chances you have to succeed academically.Suggestion number three was to find a study buddy or study group. College students who go to study with fellow class mates tend to score higher, retain the information longer, and in some cases make lasting friendships

I was extremely well prepared and there is nothing that I wish I has known prior to coming to the campus.

Darci

I have not had much college experience. I have attended one semester at Virginia College Online in Birmingham Alabama. It was a great experience. It was very valuable to me because it made me feel like a better individual. I accomplished something. I know I am one step closer to achieveing my dergree . I recieved my first report card and was very proud of what I had achieved. It boosted my self-esteem, and I told myself, " I can do this!". I am looking forward to next semester.I have already received my books and I am ready to get started. I am a mother of two young children, and I want to be able to provide for them, and give them the best life I possibly can. This is just not possible without a college degree. My children are my main priority, and I also want to set a good example so they can succeed in life. It's not easy, when it comes to finding a job. I suggest that the young population of today's society , buckle down and obtain that high school diploma if they want to succeed in life. Most important go to college.

Donald

My classmates are cooperative and even helping at times if needed. I haven't experienced or witnessed any negative behavior such as bullying or attemps to either intimidate or persuade the professors.

College has provided me with the sense of not only self accomplishment but the respect of others for furthering my education and being persistant with my goals, hopes, and decisions for future career. I was the first of my family to graduate high school, the first to attend college, and plan to be the first to graduate. I have high hopes for myself and keep my head up high. I dedicate myself one hundred percent to my classes and study. I can almost feel myself gaining the knowledge incumbent to be successful in the near future. College means alot to me because it's whats going to provide me the information to acquire a job and start a career thus saying putting the food on my table, roof over my head, gas in my car, and all other necessities for not only my but a faithfully planned family.

The accessibility in resources necessary for classes, supportive guidance, future references, humble staff both in and out of class, and most of all a very safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment.

Alexander

My classmates are dedicated to school. We see eachother as adults and also as individuals. Some are hard working and do care about there futures and others just seem to go through the motions. Some put forth the effort and others just don't care but majority do and thats what i admire.

My advice to myself would to be don't give up or slack off. The more you put in to your education the more you will get out of it. Friends are a dime a dozen, they'll come and go. Just focus and worry about you and your future. Don"t let anyone put you down and tell you, you can't do it. If you have the will to do it nobody can stop you. Also to stay positive through all your stuggles and never give up. Try your hardest and do your best at everything because it will pay off in the end.

Paying for it is the biggest issue.

Erica

If i could go back and talk to myself as an high school senior i would tell myself to start the college thing while i am in school and dont feel like you need to take a sememster off before you start collge. I say these things because college isnt as hard as everybody protray them to be. Dual enroll if you have the chance to do so because if you start the college process early then you can graduate early with your associated in arts degree as well as your high school diploma and then you are on your way to getting you bachlors degree so dont be afraid of what you think school is suppose to be from other people step out there and seee what its likeon your own

The kind of person that should attend this school would be a self motivated, ready to learn individual. I say these things because when you get to this college you will not have all of these rules that will try and help you go to school. Now its all up to you to motivate yourself to go to class when you are suppose to go and learn the material you are in school trying to learn.

the most frustrating thing i would have to say about my school would have to be the financial aid office. In there some of the people may know what they are doing and then some don't. I get frustrated when i go in there and have to do 50 million things just to get one simple paper done. Then there are times when they will tell you need a certain paper and when you turn it in its not even the right paper so you have to do it all over again.

Logan

Lake-Sumter is an excellent school to attend. They make you feel like home here, and care about you and your success as a student during your time here.

Knowing what I have learned through my first semester in college is that you need to be prepared and ready to work hard. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, I would've studied harder to prepare myself . I'd tell myself to do dual-enrollment to get free college while I was still in Highschool to get prepared for what I had heading my way. It would've helped alot considering all the jobs and money I've had to save to pay for my school. I'd tell myself that it would be so much easier to go to college and get the education I need so that I never have to work in a dead end job. I'd tell myself to work as hard as possible in school now and in college, because it'll all be worth it in the end. I would tell myself, I've met successful people like my teacher's, they worked hard in school and look where there at today. Dont go through your whole life working a bad job with just a HIgh school diploma. Do something with your life.

I think a person who wants to work hard to achieve their goals should attend this school. A person who wants to strive for greatness, and get a great education.

Lake-Sumter State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.