Lake-Sumter State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lake-Sumter State College

Asia

Lake Sumter is a wonderful community college to attend. The student body is very active in hosting different events and the academic team is very helpful in all aspects. There are career advisors around to help you with your personal career and academic advisors to help in your academic journey.

Isabel

I enjoy my school. The class sizes are perfect because you can talk to your teacher whenever. I like the school size because you don't have to run to class because you're afraid you'll miss class. It is also nice because you see the same people around school so it is easy to make friends. I know a lot of people think badly of community colleges but I think it is perfect for me, a college student that wants to save money and still get a good education.

Audrey

Lake-Sumter is an amazing school with great teachers! You save a lot of money by attending a Community College and the classes aren't too pricey even for people on a tight budget. I made so many close friends and have tons of interesting stories to tell about this school.

Michaela

Lake-Sumter is a great option for those who are not ready to go to a university. The class sizes are small, so you get to know your professors and classmates (especially if you're taking a specific major). There are not many sports offered, but that doesn't take away from the different student events to get involved in.

Caitlin

I think that Lake-Sumter is a good two-year college. There's no on-campus housing/dorms, so if you want that you won't find it here. I like that there's the Direct Connect to UCF option if you want to do that. The staff I've met and professors I've had are very kind and helpful. I go to the South Lake campus, and it is clean. I also like that the class sizes are small and that the campus isn't very big. Overall it's a good option if you want an Associate's degree or if you want to transfer to another school for you last two years.

Josephine

Lake-Sumter is actually a state college now, since it offers a four-year program, and is called Lake-Sumter State College (LSSC). This past fall semester was my first semester at LSSC and I was a full-time student who was really involved in extra curricular activities. I feel like LSSC is under-estimated in many ways since people might not fully realize what we have to offer. There are many opportunities inside and outside of the classroom, including academic programs, clubs, scholarships, contests, and events. I feel that if current and prospective students take the time to discover what LSSC has to offer, they'll gain a lot more than expected from college, as I have this semester.

Kelsey

I think this college is a very quaint and academic focused school. The faculty and staff are incredibly helpful and the students are all very friendly with each other. I have been attending Lake-Sumter State College since dual enrolling with them in high school and I have had an amazing experience thus far.

Angela

My opinion of Lake Sumter- (State) college is a really admiring school to attend. The school gives me a rise to learn more. The Instructors/Professors are really nice, friendly, and almost always available. It's an overall Great school to start your career.

tracey

I personally really love Lake-Sumter State College. They are close to home and they have so many fast food restaurants close-by . The greatest part is that there is a mall next to the campus called Lake Square, and they have a LSSC lounge for students. A lot of us like to meet up their and study inside the mall. Also there is a rate my professor associated with the college that helps you choose the best professor for you when you register for courses!

Alexia

I enjoy going to Lake-Sumter. It is definitely a good school to begin with if you can't afford university or you don't know what to expect from college life. This community college helps put yourself out there and gives you time to solidify your major. Once you are ready they have a direct transfer from Lake Sumter to the UCF campus since they are collaborating for the sake of the students.

Christopher

I have attended LSSC for four semesters. For every semester I have had some type of problem Whether it’s getting my financial aid check, class schedule disruptions in course, or teachers just not caring. I have learned nothing attending this college.

Rebekah

Lake-Sumter State College is somewhere I can focus on my work and make sure that I get my AA degree with ease without spending more money at a University. All of the teachers and staff works together to make sure the student knows what is expected of them. With the academic advisers, they make sure you know what you have to do to stay on track with the path you are taking for your career. Overall, it is a school that I'm proud to be part of and it helps me with whatever I need to help me with my college path.

Maneshia

Lake sumter is a very nice local college that is very friendly and easy to fit into. I've lived next to lake sumter a majority of my life and know many people that go there as well once they graduate from college. Since I'm still in highschool I dual enroll and only take a handful of classes there while maintaining my classes at highschool as well. Lake sumter makes it easy to be able to do both and the teachers are friendly and always willing to help.

Xavier

It is a super duper great school and I like it a lot o everyone should come. It is my favorite school and is way better than elementary school and middle school and high school. Especially kindergarten. But we don't have recess so it kinda isn't that fun at lake sumpter. I get triggered by the teaching although it is pretty fun at times.

Katherine

I love Lake-Sumter State College. Being a dual enrolled student, it is great to be able to get involved on both this campus and at my high school. I have not had a negative professor experience, and I am heavily involved in their extracurricular activities. I definitely recommend it to anyone who is planning on going to UCF or who is thinking of dual enrolling.

I love Lake-Sumter. It's a great opportunity for students just graduating High School, and those still in High School, to get the feel of College life. There's so much to do at Lake-Sumter. The professors and advisors are extremely helpful in getting you to where you need to be with your goals for your career.

Katrina

It's a pretty good school. It is small, so some of the opportunities are limited. But the student government association is always putting on events, the class sizes are small, and most of the teachers are pretty available. There's some fast food places and a target right around there, as well as a cafe on campus.

Cody

While it's not a huge school, and it's not very visually appealing, it's still a very approachable school that genuinely cares about your success, so long as you try. It may not look like it from the outside, but it oddly feels like home. The professors are great and knowledgable; they can help you succeed in your classes, and they are very approachable.

luz

My overall opinion of Lake-Sumter includes the fact that it is no longer a community college, it is now a highly valued state college due to academic performance and the strong community. It is a great school where the professors dedicate their time to you as needed.

Shanon

A small college with an abundance of great professors. There are plenty of arts related clubs and programs to get involved with. Class sizes were never too big and I always felt like I was able to get to know my professors on a personal level which made the whole learning process a lot more fun.

My overall opinion of Lake Sumter State College is that when first coming to the school it’s very clean. In my classes that I have taken everybody is Friendly and easy to get along with. Teachers are very helpful and if you have any questions they have office hours that you can go to or email them and they’ll get to you as soon as they can.

Karen

I believe that a school is what you make of it; I have made Lake-Sumter my home. I I have used its facilities to benefit my grades, I have attended student activities on campus, I enjoyed a few sport events and have acquired an amazing work-study job. If you only want to attend classes and return home, you can do that; or you can create a student life on campus that will feel as awesome as you want it to be.

Ainsley

Lake-Sumter State College is a nice college to get started with. There is not much in the way of sports and extracurricular activities, but it is a junior college. The staff and faculty are generally helpful and available often to help in any way needed. Overall, it is a nice school.

Naomi

Lake Sumter State college is a great college to go to after high school. The staff is very professional and the classes are great. When I was attending Lake Sumter, I was confident in knowing that my teachers would help me with any obstacles I had. Highly recommend this college!

Katie

This college may be small, but the professors interact with the students one on one, and the atmosphere is amazing and I love being a student there! The academic advisors are helpful and guide you down the right path, and there are many resources to help someone if they are struggling.

Kalli

It is a complex school to handle, most work is online which I prefer and most teachers are accommodating, they have a south lake campus which seems a little more functional. Via phone it’s difficult to find things you need in person is always better but can take a while.