Leesburg, FL
Lake-Sumter State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake-Sumter State College

Erica

If i could go back and talk to myself as an high school senior i would tell myself to start the college thing while i am in school and dont feel like you need to take a sememster off before you start collge. I say these things because college isnt as hard as everybody protray them to be. Dual enroll if you have the chance to do so because if you start the college process early then you can graduate early with your associated in arts degree as well as your high school diploma and then you are on your way to getting you bachlors degree so dont be afraid of what you think school is suppose to be from other people step out there and seee what its likeon your own

The kind of person that should attend this school would be a self motivated, ready to learn individual. I say these things because when you get to this college you will not have all of these rules that will try and help you go to school. Now its all up to you to motivate yourself to go to class when you are suppose to go and learn the material you are in school trying to learn.

the most frustrating thing i would have to say about my school would have to be the financial aid office. In there some of the people may know what they are doing and then some don't. I get frustrated when i go in there and have to do 50 million things just to get one simple paper done. Then there are times when they will tell you need a certain paper and when you turn it in its not even the right paper so you have to do it all over again.

Logan

Lake-Sumter is an excellent school to attend. They make you feel like home here, and care about you and your success as a student during your time here.

Knowing what I have learned through my first semester in college is that you need to be prepared and ready to work hard. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, I would've studied harder to prepare myself . I'd tell myself to do dual-enrollment to get free college while I was still in Highschool to get prepared for what I had heading my way. It would've helped alot considering all the jobs and money I've had to save to pay for my school. I'd tell myself that it would be so much easier to go to college and get the education I need so that I never have to work in a dead end job. I'd tell myself to work as hard as possible in school now and in college, because it'll all be worth it in the end. I would tell myself, I've met successful people like my teacher's, they worked hard in school and look where there at today. Dont go through your whole life working a bad job with just a HIgh school diploma. Do something with your life.

I think a person who wants to work hard to achieve their goals should attend this school. A person who wants to strive for greatness, and get a great education.

Keith

My classmates at LSCC are very friendly and nice and with the small class sizes everybody gets to know each other and are there for help when needed.

When I left high school I knew that I wanted to go to college. All through out high school it was a breeze and didn?t require much studding. Even the teachers in high school warn you that college will be very difficult. If I could truly go back in time the first thing I would tell my self is hit the books hard. I would tell myself that if I don?t study hard and pass my classes the first time around I?m going to be stuck in school for much longer than I want. Next I would tell myself to pick a major early on and not procrastinate about it. I would of course hint towards the medical field to help my past self pick what I eventually did. The last message I would leave with myself is no matter what aim to finish school and get good grades. Without the good grades you will lose your scholarships easily and will have to work really hard to get them back if even possible. I?m sure the past me with this advice would go on to college with a strong mind like I have now.

someone who thinks since it a small community college that it will be easy and not take it seriously.

Tyler

My classmates are all bored, sad and trying to make their lives better by advancing their careers.

I really don't think that there's a single distinguishing factor that sets this college apart from any other, aside from it's location. However, there's nothing special about the location of the school either.

I would assert that going to the community college is a mistake, and attending it thus would render myself completely lackadaisical and sorrowed. It would have been a blessing if I had the chance to tell myself to slave everyday for scholarship money, so that I might attend a University outside of the area, and outside of the community college degree of education found at the school I had attended. I would also recommend to myself to pursue true happiness, while at the same time pursuing my education, as the two go hand-in-hand according to my tastes. Most importantly, I would tell myself not to be afraid of leaving the state, that in fact, it would be less of a task than having to deal with the crumbling state of affairs found at the college I had the displeasure to attend. More to the point, it is imperative that I knew the true nature of the school and the true nature of myself.

Rebekah

I would say, ?Rebekah, go ahead and take a chance on attending college; try something new you are afraid of doing. The worst that could happen would be to take a class and find out it was not what you wanted to do after all. Stop worrying about a bridge you have yet to reach because by the time it is in sight, believe me, it will not look so scary. Take the first step sooner rather than later as the longer you wait the harder it becomes to take that first step. Get involved in student organizations so you can get scholarship money and make friends, plus you will gain valuable leadership experience. You are your own best advisor. Read the college catalog in order to get familiar with all they offer and all their policies, it will save you time and headaches later on. Above all else, don?t let fear keep you from attempting the seemingly impossible. If you let fear keep you from your dreams, it will stalk and haunt you the rest of your life and keep you from discovering potential fulfillment and true happiness as a person.?

I wish I had known how achievable it is to get a degree; it is so easy to get in and get into classes. Also, I wish I had known earlier how many scholarships they offer especially for student positions like student government, newspaper editor and school photographer. I found out the hard way that academic advisors are great but if you read the catalog fully you will probably know more than they do and get into less complications later. If the advisor tells you something then get it in writing so you have proof of what they advised you.

Any person, from the 16 year-old dual-enrolled high school student, to my 19 year-old brother who is good at math but not sure what he wants to do, to myself who has worked a job for many years and is now going to college, to the 50 year-old single mother who needs to go back to school. This school is good for those people like me who may not have much self-confidence in the college department to be able to gain it in a slower-paced, student-friendly environment.

Miguel

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior is to never give up. Life isn't going to slow down for you and you need to step up to the plate. Create your own world involving people that will allow you to establish a concrete foundation. Don't be afraid to ask questions in class or talk to conselors. If you learn to be open and want to achieve a dream then this will open many doors for your educational experience. Part of college is the ability to not be afraid when you don't understand something. If you learn at a early age, then life in college will be rewarding. Meeting new people and staying open to new opportunities will make the switch to college easier and allow you to make friends and know your instructors.

The best thing about my school is the wide range of stability. It is affordable and located near by where I can have a feel of what area I would like to study. The faculty are very helpful and create assurance for their students. The environment is warming and inviting allowing the ease to ask, respond, and ellaborate within discussions. It has a university feel and creates the need to want an education. To make this simple the best thing about my school is that it has trusted faculty that provide an excellent education with what resources they possess.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school, are the people who dont want to make something out of their lives. It is not about who or what kind of individual you are, but the ability to create your own space wanting to achieve something for yourself.

Veronica

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are several things I would mention. Most importantly, I would discuss the fact that college is all about what you make it. There isn't going to be anyone there that will force you to do anything ,such as homework and coming to class. It is ultimately your decision and you should make the best of it. Another thing I would tell myself is that college is something to be taken seriously. I don't believe it is very smart to spend valuable time and effort to get into a college when all one wants to do is play around. If you want to make the best out of your education, go to class, be willing to learn, and do anything possible to further yourself.

Before coming to Lake-Sumter Community College, I was very familiar with the school. To this day, I don't have many complaints. I wish the school was a little bigger, but overall it is a great college.

Amber

Lake Sumter is a versatile school meant to feel as welcoming as it is diverse, with respect to several different degrees while maintaining the respectable image of a higher education institution.

Lake-Sumter is best known for it's title as the little "Harvard by the Highway" for it's upper level education in such a culturally influenced community.

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, I would stress the importance of maintaining self-motivation, hobbies, and voluntary extra-curricular activities such as helping out local charities. They will all be invaluable in college as vital tools for success with the courses, scholarships, and career applications, not to mention peace of mind. I would also tell myself not to accept the fourty-three hour per week, full time management position I was offered just after I'd started a term of seventeen credit hours.

Neilia

I would love to go back in time to when I was still sitting in my math class wating for the bell to ring. All through high school the most important thing was hanging out with your friends and going out to the movies on Friday night. I wish I could go back and tell myself to start researching careers and setting goals in my head. Once I graduated high school, I was clueless on why I was going to college, and once I got there, what I was trying to accomplish. I wasted too much time and money in college because I had no dirrection. I went from trying to become a nurse, to a law major, to studying physical therapy, and now I finally plan on becoming a business major. I wish I researched different majors in high school so that I would have some sort of an idea of what I was there to accomplish, and in turn saved a rediculous amount of money and time, which is so precious these day.

People that enjoy having one on one time with their teacher should definitly attend this school. Since Lake-sumter is such a small school, it has less students, which in turn means the professor will be able to know your name and keep a closer look on your progress.

I attend the South Lake Campus in Clermont, it a beautiful campus with a brand new library. The school is very big and well kept. I love this school because it is so close to home and I can ususally schedule the classes I need when it is convenient for me.

I would say that my school is best known for having great professors as well as many classes and times to choose from. It is easy to fit classes in around work anf family.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself while still in Highschool there are so many things I would say. The number one thing I would stress would be the importance of my grades in school. If I regret anything now it is the fact that I am very smart and was capable of getting much better grades than I did. There are so many scholarships that I could have gotten and would have made going to college so much easier. When you are in Highschool you might not realize how important college will be to you. I took some time off after highschool then it hit me one day that I was wasting time! If I would have gone straight to college I would be done by now! I am 22 years old and almost done with my 2 years or pre-requisites for nursing. I have also realized now how much I really enjoy going to school. It is not what I expected it to be back then. It is much different when you are able to study the things you are interested in, and when you feel like you are working towards something.

Lake-Sumter State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.