Lewis & Clark College Top Questions

Maggie

I wish I had known more about the differences between the dorms so I could have applied to others besides the one I ended up in. Dorms vary widely, and all have distince atmophsteres. Sometimes the atmospheres are difficult to pick up unless you have lived there for a semester or more, but there was more information available to me as a senior in high school that I should have looked at more thouroughly. Dorm life is very important to having a successful school career, and making sure you're in the right dorm can really make the experience better.

In terms of natural environment, I wish I had known how the rainy, cloudy weather in Oregon really can impact one’s mood and emotions in a negative way. Portland is a beautiful city. It is green and lush, but it is that way because it rains a majority of the year. As a result, it is so important to be involved in the school community, extra-curricular activities and to have a good group of friends to distract one’s self from the dreary, grey weather while attending Lewis & Clark College.

I wish I had known more about Oregon so I could have enjoyed it more.

Olive

I wish that I had had a better idea of my own interests and abilities before I started school. As important as college can be for discovering one's self in that capacity, the opportunities that my school offers are best put to use when one knows their own interests and possible purposes. If I could do it all over, I might have taken time to pursue academic interests so that I could have an idea of a major field walking into my freshman year.

I wish that I knew how many people smoked(we are trying to change this as an institution).

I am really content with LC

Nothing I didn't already know.

Sophie

I wish I had understood the extent to which free-time here is dominated by drugs and alcohol. Nevertheless, its entirely possible to find a group with whom you can be yourself no matter who you are.

Clariece

Keep in mind that currently Lewis & Clark is about 65{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} female, which is not so great for the dating scene.

How accessible drugs were. The lack of school spirit.

Jen

People are usually really friendly when you get to know them, but sometimes they have a "fight the man" mentality that gives them a bit of a superiority complex.

Hanako

The registrar's office is largely unhelpful.