Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Charlene

They arent good unless they are popular food chains.

Compared to most other colleges in Louisiana, LSU has some of the best dining options. We have two cafeterias (both of which are brand new -- remodeled in the past 10 years) that serve all you can eat meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They offer all kinds of options -- a salad bar, cajun food, pasta/Italian, and even vegetarian entrees. In the Union, we have McDonald's, Einstein Bros., Panda Express, Starbuck's, Community Coffee, Chick Fil A, Salsaritas, a salad bar, Jamba Juice, Quizno's, and a buffet of home-cooked food. There is another Starbuck's and two other Community Coffee shops on campus along with a Smoothie King, Chik'n Grill, Taco Bell, Papa Johns, and a Subway. There are also a couple of snack bars that serve sandwiches, sushi, and salads on-the-go. There are a ton of options, so you won't go hungry. Also, some of these places are open till midnight or later for late night snacks. If none of these sound appetizing, Baton Rouge has a TON of restaurants, coffee shops, and fast food places around the university.

Jimmy

I do not know much about these choices because I am a non-traditional student and do not eat on campus...other than at McDonald's on occasion!

Lance

This is a short peek around the Union’s Lunch offerings.