Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College Top Questions

What do students complain about most?

The weather! Here in Louisiana, the weather can change dramatically within hours. We experience many days when the weather will be clear in the morning and by the afternoon, it's pouring. Also, it gets really hot here, with highs in the 90s during the summer months! It can get super hot and humid, which isn't very pleasant. But there are ways to overcome this! First, carry an umbrella with you wherever you go. I like to keep one in my backpack in case a sudden rain shower happens while I'm on campus. Invest in a good pair of rain boots -- it gets muddy in the bayou! Next, for the heat, keep hydrated! Many LSU students bring water bottles with them at all times during the summer. Also, wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing. Shorts or loose-fitting pants are a must!

Jimmy

The lack of available classes during semesters

Trent

In my experience, most students I've encountered either complain about the amount of studying, or the multiple tests they have. Complaints like these are coming from mostly freshmen though and I figure they just have to get used to the way college works versus high school and realize that it takes a lot more work to maintain good grades.