MCPHS University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for MCPHS University

Luren

I like going to school in Boston, I don't believe my university is the best one out there among others however it has what other universities offer. It is what you make of it as a student. Opportunities are there but one must be very goal oriented to make these chances into actualities.

Dessiree

I believe there's little to none positive intent regarding faculty towards their students and their overall wellbeing. It's extremely difficult to be able to find a professor or faculty member who truly cares about how their students are doing, I've been extremely lucky to have found about 3-4 in my career at MCP thus far.

Donna

MCPHS is a really small school. You know everyone or at least their face because you see them every day. The school administration is a bit corrupt and refuses to find more guaranteed housing for second years since housing is aonly guaranteed to first years. It's okay if your parents can afford apartment prices and tuition. Some professors make it worth your time though and the degree you graduate with is so with it.

Kaleigh

I believe it is a great school. There is a certain lack of study spaces but overall, the school is focused on educating students and getting them placed in good, high paying jobs. Attending MCPHS was a wonderful choice and I believe I have found the perfect school.

Courtney

This college is a very academic based college. Every professor here wants to help their students. They want to see every single one of us succeed. This helps me with my work and keep up with my grades. One thing I don't like is the size of our campus. We're stuck in one building so it stinks we don't have an actual campus. I also don't like how we don't have any sports.But having the opportunities to go to professional sporting events for cheap makes up for a small bit of that.

Catly

There are many pathways this school provide that many schools don’t so that is a huge benefit. We have pathways for students going into pharmacy or students going into physician assistant. It is nice to have a pathway so you know what class you’re taking and in the end you know what you’ll gain from this.

Briana

MCPHS University was my top choice because of how focused students are on their academics. Living in such a big city, there are always extracurricular activites and places to visit, but the class sizes are small enough where you feel like your professor truly care about your individual success.

I have visited the campus one time. This is my dream school! When I became interested in the college I emailed the admissions office and they got back to me in one day and also answered all my questions without making me feel like a pain. The staff is accommodating and reassuring about any doubts or questions an individual may have. would 10/10 recommend this for anyone looking to go into the health field.

Natalia

There are big lecture halls for the big classes that everyone needs to take (anatomy, chemistry, microbiology, etc.) but other classes contain approx. 30 people. The carpets are gross, and there are plenty of privileged students who could care less about cleaning up after themselves. The school has a "wet policy," indicating that there is no alcohol allowed on campus, which could lead to expulsion. There is no housing available for students after their freshman year, due to the fact that it is a smaller school in Boston (there is no space for us). Most students live in Mission Hills or Roxbury because it is close by and inexpensive (that means dangerous, small, and dirty). However, this is a fantastic school, and I wouldn't go anywhere else. It offers a bachelor's degree for Dental Hygiene majors, which only takes three years. However, it is hard to find nice and wholesome friends here. Overall, it is a good school.

Victoria

I love my college, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. I knew from the moment I walked inside for Accepted Students Day that MCPHS was the place for me! It's in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts and is surrounded by many amazing opportunities and hospitals. This college is very focused on medical professions and really set up their students for success by having great professors and opportunities to find nearby internships/volunteer opportunities. I am very happy with my choice to attend MCPHS because the courses I am taking are interesting and important for my future. The location of the school is ideal for me, as I plan on volunteering at Boston Children's Hospital which is right across the street. MCPHS also has excellent graduate programs including the Master of Physician Assistant program that I plan on applying for in a few years.

Huy

So far office hours, academic courses has been excellent. Professors reaches out to student for help and advice. The surrounding area of Longwood Medical, T-stations, Hospitals are a plus. One knock on the school is the lack of sports. But I enjoy every second here at MCPHS so far.

Corey

It's a good school. For the cost of attendance I wish we had more (a Quad, dorms/apartments for non-freshman). But overall I think we get a good education here. I'm in an accelerated program so I get to graduate in 3 years rather than 4, so that's a bonus. Also, the professors from other majors are always open to speaking with you and helping out.

My overall opinion for Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is that it is a terrific school. If you know that you want to be in the medical field and always be involved in science, then this is the school for you. This school has a bunch to offer and there are many ways to get help with your academics. The professors have office hours that are easy to attend and extra problem sessions. Along with this, tutoring one on one or in big groups are available and there are tutoring centers for different classes. With all these opportunities to help get your grades up and stay on tract, MCPHS University is an amazing school to attend.

Marisol

While MCPHS prides itself in the academics area and have recently recieved the best school for income award, they don't really have the aspects of a typical college lifestyle. For one, their on-campus dorming is only available first year, after that you must search for apartments which are usually really expensive since its around Boston. Facilities are usually small or shared with other surrounding colleges. While the party scene is almost nonexistent, you can enjoy a day out in scenic Boston.

Janet

Massachusetts school of pharmacy and health sciences is great school if you consider yourself a focussed person. Being that MCPHS is an al allied health science school, I am always surrounded by people who are like minded which is a plus for me. The programs offered are rigorous but proffesors are willing to work with students in order for them to excel. There are lots of resources available to all students in the campus which makes things easier for me as a student. Although the school doesn't not participate in sports, it makes up for it with countless clubs, organizations and study abroad opportunities. The campus life is also amazing. The school is close to most shopping areas and restaurants. The resident life is equally great. Matracaria, and fennell are nice resident halls for first year students. The dorms in fennell hall have an amaizing view of the Boston . As a first year student I would rate MCPHS as a great school and recomend anyone interested in a career in health sciences to consider going MCPHS.

Raya

I think that MCPHS is the perfect place for people who put their academics first. The Professors care that you learn the material and they are always willing to help. If you are looking for a more traditional college experience filled with going to sports games and doing tons of extracurricular activities, this is probably not the place for you. The building is kinda small for the amount of students that attend the school which sucks and they do not offer housing for non-Freshman so you either have to get your own apartment(which the school does not help you find), commute from home, or take a chance in the lottery for housing which is not guaranteed and you will end up living with freshman.

Riley

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Science is a very academic centered school. Most of the academics are extremely competitive which is great as all the health science fields will share this same atmosphere. However, the school can seem too academic centric which takes away from an typical college experience.

Rithy

It is a very great school, with many different cultures and diversities.

Amy

This review is coming from a student who cross-registered from another COF school for Organic Chemistry. The nice thing about MCPHS is that it is an all-science school so if you are absolutely sure you want to stay in the Health Science field, this is the right place. However, if you realize that science might not be for you, then you will not be happy and find it challenging to transfer. Overall, I did not like the feel of the school-- it felt like a crowded high school with little space, busy hallways, and cramped laboratories. Although smaller classes may have a different feel to them, I was in a large lecture hall for Orgo and learning experience could have been better if the class sizes were smaller. The labs themselves were brutal--standing for 3 hours in crowded labs with no chairs and most experiments did not use gloves and most of the time period was spent waiting for your turn to use an analytical scale or other device. On the bright side, if you went to office hours, professors can be very helpful. The students themselves are also fun!

James

Not great. The school is not very clean. There are mice all over the school. The school is rather expensive but the facilities are very very poor. Very minimal study spaces. Staplers are a rare commodity in the school. Few printers around the school and there is usually a long line in front of printers. Printers also print very slow. We timed 3 printers that would print out one sheet every 12 seconds. This made printing 45 page lecture packets very tedious. Not a great school. Not worth the education or price tag.

holly

MCPHS is a professional college that focuses on getting their students to successes in the bests way. College is suppose to prepare you to the best of the schools ability and I fell MCPHS does just that. I cannot wait to become a ful time nurse I feel like MCPHS will have me Fully prepared.

Berlinda

It is a small, health profession based school. Everyone at this school is on the same boat. Security at the school is great. Not the school for you if you are looking for parties and fraternities. The only downside of this school is that it is extremely expensive.

Meriah

MCPHS is the place for you if you are extremely dedicated to your schoolwork and stepping out of your comfort zone to make sure you reach your career goals. MCPHS has many opportunities to meet your academic goals and very helpful professors that want to see you succeed. The environment of MCPHS is very academic and the libraries are always full. The only thing that MCPHS lacks is good food and sports atmosphere but the city of Boston makes that up.

Joshua

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is not for everyone. The school is designed towards driven students who are not looking for a "college experience" but more so a career at the end of their program. If you are a driven student pursuing a career and not a "college experience" then this college is for you. Yet, if the reason to go to college is simply to goof off and have fun then this is not your college

Kiranmayee

Being close to the Boston city, hospitals, commute, I feel its really a great option.

Molly

The admissions staff is top notch, there every step of the way. The graduate campus in Manchester is intimate, yet top notch. Class size is smaller, which makes you feel less like a number and more like a colleague. Faculty strive to be accessible and supportive. They truly want you to succeed.

Avery

Love MCPHS - planning on attending. Have visited twice and will visit again this weekend for accepted students weekend. Looking to see if I can also do a shadow a student day or a spend the night. Enjoy the atmosphere. At MCPHS, the building is historical and is actually very modern, but is built around the original historical building built in the 1800's I think. Love the combination or old and new and MCPHS truly represents that - old and new. They use old school values but provide the students with state of the art labs and equipment, as well as lecture halls with the latest technology, in order to be successful. The lecture halls also allow for the teachers to audiotape their lectures and the students can go back and re-listen to them. The professors eager to answer questions and help in any way. Professors are here to help is what was told to us and they are very accessible. What I liked best was that we were told that MCPHS is a teaching college and they want the students to come, ask questions and be successful. MCPHS also provides tutoring services and will do all they can to help the students there be as successful as possible. The students on campus are always helpful and willing to answer questions. The tours that the school provides are extremely helpful and you can always ask questions in a friendly and non-judgemental environment. You can tour a variety of dorms, the surrounding area on a trolley and local museums too. Dorms are shared with other Fenway 5 schools (Mass Art/Emmanuel/Wentworth/Simmons).You have the opportunity to eat in many dining halls and take classes at other Fenway 5 schools if you have electives available. Boston's Museum of Fine Arts is a 5-minute walk and there is a small museum right around the corner. Transportation is easy and right across the street from the University. This makes access to all Boston offers just a hop on and hop off. Copley is 4 stops away on the T, the Prudential Building is 3 stops and the North End is a short 4-5 stop trip on the Green Line. Great city and local vibe.

Sophia

MCPHS is one of the best colleges out there. they make me feel accepted as a person they dont look at me like im a freak because of my 504 plan they make me feel welcomed its one of the best feelings in the world and I hope people feel the same as i do.

Thenicha

I've always loved the school and I have no regrets looking back as I prepare for my future. They are one of only nine schools that offer a six year direct entry PharmD program and are number one when it comes to highest earning power. The professors and students there are so outgoing and are always ready to assist or collaborate. It's an academically rigorous environment that still provides a lot of outside opportunities to explore in the greater metro of Boston.