Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee School of Engineering

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Milwaukee School of Engineering

Cing

This is a tough school, it's not for everyone. Those who are willing to put a lot of time in studying are the ones do much better than those who slack off. MSOE has a good reputation on academics. Job placement is about after graduating, some students are set for a job even before graduating.

Colin

Overall the school is known for its academics. The athletic teams are getting better as the time passes. There are some strange people that do attend but you get that with every college. The food could be improved but its not awful. The city allows for one to do pretty much anything on the weekends. All in all its a good small college.

Cassidy

I really like being at MSOE. The only downside to the school that I see is the food and the residence. The food could definitely be better, but it is not terrible; definitely bearable for a few years. The residence halls aren't the best, but they aren't unlivable. There are just simple maintenance issues that get irritating after they aren't taken care of for a few days/weeks. The washer and dryers aren't that great either. My advice: pick a day and time when no one else goes, and use the same washer and dryer every time. Or, you can buy a drying rack and it can save you a dollar a load; it's not a bad idea, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you payed to dry your clothes. The campus itself is not very handicap accessible, but there are ways of getting around. Other than that, the school is pretty amazing. The people are very accepting, there are plenty of things to get involved on and off campus, and the campus is small, so travel time in between classes is very short. I highly recommend applying here! Especially if you are looking for a place to challenge you (a lot!), to make great friends, and gain a high quality education!

MSOE is a great school. I highly recommend it to either gender pursuing engineering or nursing. The classes are rigorous but interesting, and there aren't a ton of extra classes that liberal arts schools have. The campus is in the safest part of Milwaukee, and has plenty of shops within walking distance.

Jonathan

First off, my major is Biomolecular Engineering, but there was no option to enter that. MSOE is a very intellectual institution, filled with nerds and the sort. It is nearly impossible to not fit in here. There is a guaranteed group of people or an organization where you can be yourself, and nearly every kind of Club or Organization exists, from video gaming to art to student government. If one doesn't exist yet, it is very easy to create one! The classes are indeed rigorous and intense, but we also have amazing tutors and academic resources. We do have a Greek Lifestyle here, as well, if that is a student's cup of tea. Engineers, Business majors, and Nurses can fit in well at Milwaukee School of Engineering. #MSOE4me

My school is relatively small compared to the more popular schools who excel in engineering and science. We are small, in the middle of downtown Milwaukee, and have some of the best facilities in the country. The class sizes are small and the system produces competent, smart, and prepared students. What sets us apart could be what makes us so good at what we do. The people know what they are doing, and if you can survive the tough curriculum, you will be successful.

If I could go back and tell myself anything, I would tell myself that many things don’t matter. When I was younger I was very shy and quiet; and the few things I did, were the reason I am hopeful today. I would tell myself to study more for ap tests and take notes in class. I’d tell myself to work out more, and get in better shape for football, hockey, and rugby. The friendships I made in those activities will last a lifetime now. I can only imagine what would happen if I had gone through it without fear. The last thing I would tell myself is to try. Try in everything I do and try to change all those around me for the better. I look back today, just a few months after, thinking that I was being dumb for no clear reason. I remember good and bad memories that I’d like to see myself change. I never participated in any illegal things and never made any mistakes to learn from there. But I learned through some mistakes, I’d like to think that I would have made better ones for growth.

The best part about my school is the certainty. I know that if I work hard and do what the teachers and advisors expect of my, I will be successful. In a world where many college graduates can’t find jobs, I get comforted by the thought that if I put in the effort and time, I can be successful. That’s what I like about MSOE.

Joey

I would advise my high school self that everything is going to be okay. You don't need to be as worried about getting into college, you've worked hard enough in high school to get into a good school. The transition will be difficult the first few days, but after that, you will be fine. Making friends is easier than you'd think, you just have to try. Also, your professors do a good job at transitioning you from High School to College. Just remember that everything will be fine and college is not as scary as you think!

If a student is looking to just have fun and party through college, Milwaukee School of Engineering is not the school for them.

The most frustrating thing about my school would be that the campus is a bit spread out with non school buildings mixed in with school buildings.

Andrew

I would tell myself to start taking control of my life in those moments. Don't allow your parents to create a future for you, make one yourself. If they coincide that is great, but if you are only going after what they want for you, when it gets hard, you won't want to push through. Take responsability and ownership for you own life. After all, it is your life.

Traci

Start applying for scholarships in August or September. Do not wait until April to start looking and applying. Do not go to a school just because your friends are attending it. Go to the school that feels right for you as an individual, that makes you feel welcome, and that really values your education. Further, start searching for colleges to attend during first semester - the earlier, the better. Apply to as many schools as you would like. Ultimately, the decision is yours. It is perfectly okay to be nervous about college and being on your own, but remember that you are going to better yourself. You may not stay in touch with your high school friends, but you will make new friends in college. This is a big step in your life. Make it count. Be confident.

I can't think of one thing I consider bad about the school.

Everyone on campus is really nice and helpful. The school cares about its undergraduates much more than bigger universities. It's like my home away from home - I feel like I belong.

Milwaukee School of Engineering administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.