Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee School of Engineering

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Milwaukee School of Engineering

Damian

I would give the advice to take as many of the harder classes as possible. This would get me better prepared for what was to come and more used to the rigor of the coursework given at a university. There is no time to make up for the easy classes taken in high school when you go to a university. The harder the classes that I take during High School, the more prepared I will be for college, the easier the classes will be, and the higher the grades I will have.

The best thing about my school is the small class sizes. Small class sizes allow students and teachers to better engage with each other and there is more opportunity for students to ask questions and learn better. Also, teachers have the chance to attend to all of their students during office hours and students get a lot of benefit out of office hours with their proffessors.

I wish I would have known that Proffessors expect you to know everything before their class. I thought i would be able to go to college and learn in class what I didnt know before but I was wrong. The less you know the more behind you are and the extra studying on your own there is to do.

monique

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to get discouraged and keep applying for multiple scholarships. I'd beg myself to apply for every scholarship I'm eligible for and remind myself that It's worth not going through the hastle of wondering how I'm going to afford the next semester. I'd also tell myself not to settle for that 3.487 GPA because it is painful learning that I would have qualified for scholarships if I'd only had a 3.5 GPA. In addition, I would advise myself to make sure that the career I choose has my whole heart in it, don't choose a career just because it's what I'm good at or because it's easy for me, do what I love to do.

Nikolas

MSOE is a college that places a great deal of emphasis on academics and challenging yourself, but it doesn't overlook the fact that students need a little bit for time for themselves.

If I could head back to my senior year in high school, I would congratulate myself on picking such an excellent college. The material is challenging yet fun, and it will keep me thinking critically for years to come. I'd also advise that I get involved with a few more of the many student organizations on campus. I'd encourage myself to make an effort to join a couple of new organizations even though I was on daily hemodialysis for kidney failure, a two hour process which took a significant portion of my socialization time. And the final bit of info I'd give is to reassure myself that as long as I put in the effort, I can not only enjoy my college experience, but also thrive and excel at what I love to do.

People who don't care about learning and are only going to college because they are told to do so by parents or because they think they need some sort of college degree to get a job. MSOE is a school for people who genuinely want to learn, not for anyone looking for an easy degree.

AMONTRE'

RIGOROUS STUDIES WITH PROMISING REWARDS UPON COMPLETION

RIGOROUS STUDIES WITH PROMISING REWARDS UPON COMPLETION

VERY FOCUS INTELLIGENT STUDENTS EAGER TO LEARN AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT

Take all the AP classes possible. A cost and time effective approach in limit tuition cost as well as time until graduation. Apply for many scholarships. Even with one win, may prove to be as effective as your part time job. Speak more with peers. Time is more enjoyable when you are more active and involved with others. Time management os critical. Work before play. Priorities always come before leisure. Begin networking immediately. Figure your desired profession and work to become associated with those that can help. Remain focus regardless of whatever. Main objective is to complete college, not merely say you attended.

You will succeed; there is no doubt about that and there never has been. Remember that, and nothing can stop you. College is hard work, but not the same kind of work you are used to. Get ready to talk to new people and make new friends. Your friends will teach you things you never thought you needed to know. Sometimes you will learn everything you need to know about someone in the first five minutes, and sometimes you will never stop learning from them. Opportunities abound at college; pick and choose your "Greatest Hits". Find the groups or activities you actually enjoy and dive in. You will be much better off than by trying to do everything. Your classes will be challenging, and they will be expensive, but you will be rewarded for the time and money you put in. You get nowhere by worrying about these things, only by doing your best and paying attention. Finally, live life a day at a time. You can never live your life over again, so do it right the first time. Parties only happen once, so make the most of them. Never forget the people who love you. Make them proud.

The worst thing about MSOE is the requirement that freshmen and sophomores who live more than 50 miles away live in the dorms. Financially, the dorms are a worse deal than finding an apartment. Socially, the dorms are great; it's fairly easy to find friends. It would be much better, though, if the choice was left up to students.

If you aren't sure about what you want to do, or where you want to be five years from now, look elsewhere. MSOE will gladly accept you and just as gladly let you leave after a quarter when you procrastinate your GPA away. If you don't want a top-notch degree in engineering that companies acutally look for, find another school. If you're looking to party every night and pull a 4.0 effortlessly, remember that MSOE doesn't offer Psychology as a major.

I would tell myself that you need to make friends quickly, at the beginning of freshman year. I started dating my boyfriend right away, and I didn't really take time to make close friends. These people are going to be in my classes and clinicals for the next 4 years, so make some connections. Otherwise, you are going to feel lonely and disconnected from your classmates. Take time out to actually hang out with them and get to know them. Lastly, don't work yourself to death. It is possible to be easily overwhelmed here. Skipping a class or doing an assignment sub-par is not the end of the world. Sometimes it is necessary to keep your sanity. It is not worth your time and energy to stress yourself out to the max. I'm an very glad I have learned to be okay with not being 100% perfect with school. Overall, the transition to college was pretty easy. Balance between school and your normal life is an important skill to learn.

You should attend this school if you have a strong work ethic. There is not a strong emphasis on "social life" or partying here; most people don't have time for that. There are a limited number of majors, so if you aren't sure about your major, you'll probably have to transfer schools.

This school is very demanding. It takes a lot of hard work. Our job placement rates are extremely good. We are known for our outstanding graduates. We have great national exam pass rates also.

Kimberley

Dear Kimber, Stop worrying about what everyone else thinks about you. It turns out that in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. You'll find friends who love you for who you are. It's okay that you don't want to go to school right now too. You will, in your own time. And mom is right- stick with art. It's where you belong. Take more computer classes, and stop being afraid of those ugly Macs in the library. You're going to wish you had later on. Play around more in Photoshop and get a digital camera. (I know, I know. "Digital- eww!") You're going to love having one. And when you go to work at The Print Shoppe, don't be content with doing the grunt work. Bug Sue to teach you about design- she's not scary, I promise! And get to know Rollan. The man is a design genius. And lastly, even though you're not ready for college yet, get the information from the counselors now. It'll be easier in the long run, rather than trying to do it by yourself! Love, Kimber Rose at 29.

Ibrahim

Milwaukee School of Engineering is best known for the high quality graduates that are produced and the high placement rates these graduates experience once they are out in the workforce.

If I were able to give advice to myself as a high school senior, I would have suggested that learning better study habits would be beneficial for future college success. I went to a suburban high school that challenged me very little compared to my current college, Milwaukee School of Engineering. I usually stayed up past midnight talking on the internet, which gave me less time to sleep and study. Therefore, I was inattentive in my classes due to lack of sleep, not appreciating the aptitude of the teaching staff. It would have been easier to adjust to the rigors of studying many hours a week in college if I had started to study and sleep more while practicing proper organizational skills in my senior year of high school. I would have also advised myself to get more involved in my community and volunteer. I did not recieve many college scholarships because of my lack of extra-curricular activities. Finally, I would have told myself to take my math and science courses more seriously, as my major of Biomolecular Engineering is extremely math and science-focused.

The best thing about my school is the strong learning environment that is fostered here. I know my teachers want me to succeed, so that gives me the energy to try my best. I want to make them, myself, and my family proud.

Long

Milwaukee School of Engineering provides safe environment and also it is a good school of my choice. I believe that I made the right choice to came here. Milwaukee School of Engineering has better teaching and very strong on covering the material in class. Not only that, they have been very helpful to me. All the professor including the students were all nice and easy to cooperate with. Because of the school in general, it has made my life easier and the career I'm pursuing right now at the moment.

Advice I would give myself is that, I should manage my time well. Having a lot of homework and school activity, I wanna learn how to set a time for them. Especially school, where my career depends on, I mainly focus more on completing the homework and anything that is due the next day or even so, homework that due in a couple of weeks ahead. Another advice that I would give myself is that, try not to think too hard on an homework or a test that I have failed. Because, that would only create more depression on myself. So I try to not think too hard but rather work harder for the next following test. I believe that if I can do all of this, my life would be much better and would not have to worry much about my future or what I'm going to be.

Person who I think persoanlly that shouldn't attent this school is person who will not work hard. Person who does not want to engage with others will make their studies hard. Meaning, it always best to make new friends so that they can help you on your math or life. Mainly, this school is not all that easy neither will it is super hard, unless the person think is hard then it's hard. Or, if the person is willing to study hard, then nothing is hard. After all, everything is possible.

Milwaukee School of Engineering administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.