Saint Louis, MO
Missouri Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Missouri Baptist University

Timothy

It is a smaller campus where you will feel like you are apart of a family that supports your academic Journy.

Some characteristics such as reliability, integrity, honesty, self-motivation, and respect are evident in most successful leaders. Displaying some of these characteristics makes for an outstanding individual; however, I have the awareness that striving to possess them all can make me valued in most situations. I practice my daily habits to do my work with honor and respect, get the job done with the highest efficiency, and be the person that others can consistently rely upon and place their trust and confidence. Completing my educational goal will position me to be effective in influencing the success of the next generation.

A person who wants to better them selves by surrounding yourself with a positive environment full of great professors, administrators, and other fellow students. They are truly concerned about your future and want you to be successful. The instructors are personal in their teachings which is important to me and why I chose Missouri Baptist University.

Christopher

There's a lot of knowledge in at my school: the freshmen bring a little in; the seniors don't take much away, so knowledge sort of accumulates.

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to my senior high school self I would briefly explain to myself that college is not quite as scary as mom is making it out to be. It is a great place full of knowledge and full of different types of things to do, all of which you can't do in high school. Be prepared for un-free freedom because while you think you are free to do as you please, mom is still going to wash your clothes, pack your lunch, make your bed, clean your room, and most importantly threaten to take away your video games if you don't get a B in the class. College life rules, and the motivation to do well is everywhere around you so good luck former me and look forward to becoming an even more stunningly beautiful hearthrob in college.

The worst thing about my school is that the school passed up the chance on building a stadium sponsored by Ahnheseur Busch but because we chose not to do that, instead we built a fine arts building called the Pillsbury Chapel. Sponsored by Pillsbury of course.

Maurice

I would tell my to apply for as many scholarships as possible because it makes paying for college easier. I would also tell myself that living on my own is going to be very different,.

Blythe

Missouri Baptist University is a fun and active campus where nobody is a stranger.

The most important thing that I could ever tell myself is to slow down! I think that as a Senior I was so caught up in the whirlwind of excitement and nervousness, that I didn't truly enjoy the experience. I was so worried about college and now I cannot remember why! I love the freedom of planning my own schedule and learning to balance sleep, food, homework, church, friends, family, and down-time. If I had only known back then that it wasn't a scary process, I might have actually stopped to breathe every once in awhile. Another important piece of advice I would give myself is to not become bogged down by tedious high school things. What once seemed so important, now no longer is. I'm truly thankful for my family and my amazing college friends. But most importantly, I'm thankful for the new insight into life that I have because of my transition into college.

The food! Bless their hearts, they try... but nothing compares to Mom's good home cooking!

Don't rush into make a decision about what you want to major in or spend the rest of your life doing. You are going to change; be open to exploring new opprotunities and careers and don't be afraid to change your major. Just be sure to find out what courses you need inorder to graduate and don't waste your time on classes you don't need. Be sure to apply for financial aid early and budget well. Engage in activities on campus and off, and join different clubs/organizations. Most of all enjoy your time in college; make good friends and have fun. Cherish your time , and don't try to rush it.

Someone who wants a Christian based education and wants to go to a small school.

Someone who does not like small schools.

cynthia

I think my school is very strong in there belief and what they try to provide for us as students.

I would have to say the most important thing I would want to always remind myself is to not take high school and the options to come for granite because if i had the chance to start over I would charish every moment while taking in all the imformation I possible could. I would also take things alot slower and not rush life or the situation that are thrown at you along the way.

For me I think I would of known more about the team and the coaching staff because I am here on a scholarship for basketball. Besides that I wish I would of known about the school scholarships and grants that are offerd.

Cynthia

Start planning early. I know this refered to a high school senior but really for the college you want to go to, the career path you want to take, you need to start planning for college as a freshman in high school. By the time you get to your senior year you should have planned out what will be your classes for your final year in high school, what colleges you want to apply at, and even the back up colleges just in case you don't get in the ones that are your top choice. Planning... That is my advise. Plan every move you are going to make moving forward in your life as a senior in high school.

Most people that know me would think my answer to this question would be the athletic programs. While that is one of my reasons for choosing Missouri Baptist University, it is not the only reason. MO Bap. was one of the few schools that offered the degree I want to obtain. I looked all over for something that would incorporate my basket ball, wanting to be a physical trainer and eventually a coach. This institution offered the classes I need to get where I want to be in life.

A person that is only going to college to party or because their parents or family expects them to go to college. College is a privilege that should be appreciated, wanted and desired by the person attending the school. Every person that attends any school should have their goals established and be ready to work hard to acheive them.

Heather

If I had the chance to go back and give myself advice to make the transition into college easier, the first thing I would suggest is to take more college credit courses. Even though I did take some in highschool, it gives you such an advantage to walk in the first day with college courses under your belt. Secondly, I would tell myself to take the first semester seriously and not give myself the excuse, "I can get less than a 4.0 because this is just my freshman year of college." I remember thinking, "If I do bad I can just use that excuse." Thankfully I finished my first year above average, but still I could have pushed myself a little more. The last thing I would tell myself is to not be nervous. I remember my first semester of college I was so scared to walk around and discover anything new around my campus. Now that I am older and have been around campus, it is a lot easier and a lot more comfortable for me to stay at school all day and actually enjoy myself.

Everyone is very friendly and ready to give a helping hand whenever it is needed. Every teacher I have encountered has been very accomodating with private issues (family troubles, work, etc.) and would do anything in their power to help resolve them. Also, there is a strong Christian base so the people around me help me stick to my morals and help shape me into the person that I want to /should be.

The financial aid and records office seem to have been a little unorganized lately. For instance, my scholarship did not get put through until the very last minute which kept me from being able to sign up for my fall '09 classes. While in the records office, I asked three different people the same question and got three different answers; this was very frustrating.

Colleen

They are open and friendly and accept all kinds of people.

They are open and friendly and accept all kinds of people.

Make sure you know exactly what you're looking for and the school really is like that, because when I first went away I thought the school was what I expected but it wasn't once I moved in.

Someone who can easily make friends, sure of their beliefs.

Missouri Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.