Mohawk Valley Community College

« See more reviews of Mohawk Valley Community College

Well 2010 would be my first year as a college student. But if i had to give my self some adviced it would be to take advantage of the classes and time that is given to you in high school. When i was in high school it was a choice for me. I really didn't have a structured home so i went to school as much as i thought nessesary. Now i realize all of it was nessesary because im going to be paying for most of the classes that were given for free. I passed with a local deploma and then took a couple of years off from school. It seemed more like a chore when i was in high school. Now I know that going to college is for me and my future of being sucessful. I would be more applying these days.

If only I could go back in time to inform myself what I now know about college life. If given the chance I would tell myself to go to a college just far enough away(and where the snow doesnt fall!) that staying in the dorms was needed, so that I could finially learn what its like to take care of myself by myself. Also, that once you start studying its not so bad, so study from the beginning and do not wait untill the last minute! Finially, I would tell myself that meeting new people isnt so hard and actually turns out to be fun.

I would tell myself to learn to better manage my time. I would also tell myself to not ignore my online classes, and to do the discussion board questions. I didn't realize until it was too late how badly that would set me back. Lastly, I would tell myself to not be afraid to ask questions, because that is what the professors are hired to do. My first year, I was so shy and nervous that I did not ask many questions, and I feel like I would have had a much better experience if I had kept all this in mind.

I would tell myself to at least go to classes until the course is finished. Maybe someday you will want to go back to school, and the bad grades that you have obtained because you decided to stop going to classes hurts your GPA.