Muskegon Community College

« See more reviews of Muskegon Community College

I would tell myself to never be afraid. College is a big step, and can be scary and stressful. It is a time in your life when you most need your friends and family for the support. You go to school for 12 years in a school ditract choosen for you. This is one of the first big kid things you do. Do not let money hold you back, but do be smart. If you get 75% of your college paid for, go to that college! Go have and experience. Lastly, do not let the ACT define you. It is a standardized test, not everyone is supposed to do amazing on it. It tells you who is book smart and who can retain information they are given. Shoot for the moon, and if you miss at least you will be in with the stars!

I would tell myself to save as much money as possible because college is no walk in the park (cost wise). I would also tell myself to stay on my grades, and don't procrastinate so much that I'm up until all hours. Not getting enough sleep is one huge thing that took a toll on my mental, emotional, and physical states. Another very important thing I would tell myself, is to stay off of social media. That was such a distraction for me, and I could have focused more and done better in my math classes if I would have placed as much thought as I could into everything.

I would give myself advice to take as many classes as you can possibly take in High School. Also Iwould have taken better notes in class. I would have told myself to push alittle harder so i know i can do better in college. I would also have wanted to get more help in math so i would not have to struggle in college with math. I would also have told myself to push myself to do better on anything the teacher assigned to you. I did good in high school but wish Icould have learned more while i was there.

Do not procrastinate! Take notes. Ask questions. Make friends! College is completely different than high school no matter what anyone says. Don't be afraid to branch out. In college you can start almost a whole new identity if you want to. Don't be embarassed or feel less than others if you choose a Community College over a University. You'll realize that despite you not wanting to go there, you are saving tens of thousands of dollars verses your friends at main Universities.

I would tell myself to stay focused and get a college degree; you will need it. I would also tell myself, to manage my time wisely. Last, I would tell myself to continue working hard. Even though my high school tactics are not working, as far as studying habits, and preparing for test, try new methods and don't be afraid to ask for help.

I would tell myself not to give up. Don't get caught up in what your friends are doing, you are in control of your destiny.

I would tell myself to relax and have fun, but be sure to get all of your work done before the due date.

I would tell myself to go to community first not a big university that cost lots of money.