Nicholls State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Nicholls State University

Dominique

NIcholls reminds me of a high school, just with more students and less rules. Some teachers here are good and some bad. The food in the cafe us only good on Wednesdays and Fridays. Party life is only on thursdays and sometimes on saturdays, and if our football or basketball team win a game and for homecoming week its party galore.

Kariel

Nicholls is literally the best school ever. The campus isn't too big but it isn't too small either. Everyone is extremely friendly and the classes are super easy. We have the BEST food in the state and there are plenty of other food options f you don't like the food in the cafeteria. Nicholls wasn't my first choice but I feel so at home here and I'm glad I chose Nicholls!

Tyneisha

At Nicholls State, there is diversity, pretty good overall grade but the workload is tougher than other universities, like LSU. When it comes to graduating, unnecessary obstacles get in your way. For example, there is a set of marketing courses that need to take to get this degree, but this one is only offered in the spring (set back) and I can't graduate sooner because I can only handle five courses at a time, not six! I feel like certain problems will affect the rate of which students graduate. That's the biggest problem, but on paper, the Nicholls looks good.

Kari

Nicholls State is very near and dear to my heart. Growing up, I drove through campus often and always wondered what it's be like to attend Nicholls. Now that I do, I can say that I wouldn't choose any other university. I love the culture! The food at Nicholls is second to none. There is lots of variety & there's always some Tony's on the table in the caf! I've visited many other campuses in Louisiana before choosing Nicholls, but the hospitality and small nature of the university in my home town simply couldn't be beat. I wouldn't trade my time here for anything.

cassie

Nicholls is a great school. All of the teachers that I've had so far were all very nice and super helpful. You can tell the teachers at the school truly want you to succeed!! The majority of the students are so nice, but you always have a few bad apples. The only thing that I do not like about the school is they have few housing options and the housing rates are high. Also, the school is located in a small town, so there isn't much to do, like there is no movie theater, mall, or bowling alleys, etc.

Mekenzie

Once I first started thinking about college, I was very nervous. Then one day Katie came in and gave us this amazing presentation that won me over. As a sophomore I knew that I was going to go to Nicholls to pursue my nursing career. The university is amazing and truly a place to visit. Everyone is nice and very welcoming. Although I have only visited the school, it is a great school and I cannot wait to be colonel !

Natalee

It is an amazing campus. Housing is great and so are the RAs, pulse leaders and housing workers they will help you with anything you need. The RAs in your building constantly host thing so you can mingle with others in your building and make friends. The cafeteria food is amazing and the have themed cuisine and themed food nights. There are tons of campus jobs opportunities and weekend activities to go see. there are intermurals you are able to join and participate in. Everyone is helpful and the campus is really safe.

I love the campus. It is beautiful and well-maintained. The professors are friendly. They are accessible in the office and through email. The campus is not overcrowded. The library is a great place to study and do research. There is a tutoring program that provides assistance in academics and writing.

Bradley

Nicholls State University is a great school. There are plenty of extracurricular activities that students can participate in to get involved at school. The food is amazing in the cafeteria and the student union. The classrooms are perfect size. The professors actually care about individual students. and they will try to help students succeed to the best of their abilities. I would recommend Nicholls State University to anyone who wants a great education at a great university.

Essence

The school is very nice and small for people who doesn’t like the big universities, located in a small town so you’ll get to know lots of people , the campus is great and very clean so is housing , I would recommend Nicholls

Destiny

Nicholls State University is very diverse. I went on 2 field trips there and each time was a pleasure. The staff were so kind and helpful. Any questions I had it was answered. I seen all of the extra things you can do on campus and it looks wonderful. I can say that Nicholls is my home away from home.

Ashlea

Nicholls is a great school if you like smaller campuses. The longest walk to class is 10 minutes. There is always something on campus to get involved in. I really broke out of my shell when I got to Nicholls. There are so many different kind of people there is no way that you can not make friends. I would recommend Nicholls to anyone who asked me. Would I change my choice is colleges? Definitely not!

Jerricka

Nicholls is a great school to be apart of. Especially if you're not into big schools. I got accepted into schools such as, Louisiana State University, Southern University, etc. I realized that I wouldn't be able to adjust to such big schools. Everyone here is very kind and friendly. Anyone would just fit right in.

Janasia

I have been at Nicholls not too long as I am a freshmen here. So far I can say that I have made a good choice of a college. There is good energy here, and people here are friendly. There are many clubs to join, the food is good, and the classes I am in are challenging.

Roshon

My overall opinion on Nicholls State University is that it’s a great school. Everyone gets along and if you need help, someone will always help you. The food is great and the sports teams are awesome. If you were to ask me what school should you go to, I would say Nicholls State University.

Tabitha

It’s a friendly community, my teachers are really amazing and I hope I have them again for future classes. The students aren’t judging and it’s easy to get around campus. The cafeteria has plenty of options, I love the smoothie stand in the gym. It makes me actually want to work out.

Tracie

Overall, Nicholls has the academics and professor being readily available, which I love. The campus just lacks the appeal of althetics, weekend opportunities and Greek community. The food is said to have improved but after the first year there, it's puzzling why they have amazing culanary students eating food most of us wouldn't even beg for. Campus life could use a makeover, but its overall a safe campus.

maya

I would let anyone know who asks me about Nicholls that it is a good school to achieve your career goals. I say that because of how Nicholls set the students up for success. The library is open all day until 12 in the morning to study. There is a tutoring center and writing center that helps you in all subjects. Also, Nicholls is not too big on partying every weekend, so I don't have the "hard" decision between studying that night or going to the party most of the time. Even though we don't party a lot doesn't mean we are a boring school. There's plenty of things outside of being stuck in the dorm room like club-hosted events and sports games. For anyone that is considering Nicholls, go ahead and apply. They give good scholarships away too. ; )

Alexander

Nicholls State University has many opportunities to get involved, and provides a very successful environment for learning. The campus staff is always willing to give time to each individual student. The class sizes are in a range from 20-100 students, giving plenty of personal connections within the Nicholls Community.

Kaylynn

Nicholls State University was my first and last choice for a college to attend to. Everyone is very friendly and trustful, including the campus police, so there is absolutely no worry if you're walking by yourself or if you stop for directions. The professors are open to their students anytime if they need help. Overall Nicholls State University is my best choice of school.

Zachary

It is a great campus, I would not trade this school in for all the money in the world. The best thing about the campus to me is that it is small enough to where I can get to where I need to without a doubt in my mind. The people there are among the best that there are.

After my first year at Nicholls I can honestly say I love this school. I am originally from Houston,TX and had planned on going to The University of Texas but chose Nicholls for my athletics. I thought I would be content with life here but I have truly fallen in love with this school. It's not huge where making friends seems impossible, but it's not so small that you literally know EVERYONE. There are always new people to meet and everyone here is super friendly. Downtown is always fun on the weekends because people and always go out and love to have a great time! New Orleans and Baton Rogue are also less than an hour away so there's always places you can branch out to. The academics here are harder than you would think but very manageable. The professors truly care about their students and want to see them succeed in their career. Being a college in a smaller town, the school spirit is great! Student and the community rally for every sport and we love supporting one another!

Christian

Nicholls State University has a great atmosphere. It is very homey and comfortable. The on-campus housing is amazing and so is the food choices on campus. The teachers help out in the best way they can and work with you. They want the best for their students, and that energy keeps me going. The vibe is amazing!

Rhiannon

Nicholls State University is a great school. All of the faculty and staff treat you like their own and make you feel at home. I am so glad that I chose to attend Nicholls, because even though I am not at home, I fit right in. I highly recommend Nicholls to anyone and everyone looking for an all around great college to further their information!

Elisa

I think Nicholls State University serves a warm welcome to their students. The faculty and staff are such wonderful people who do their best to make sure you are notified of every opportunity one can receive. The staff also assures complete safety to all students and visitors. This school has an overall positive and friendly environment.

Alexis

Nicholls State University is overall a wonderful school. It is filled with a variety of clubs, sports, and activities that can accommodate people of all sorts. The academics part of it is also really good. The university offers a wide variety of studies with great professors.

Morgan

This is an amazing school to go and visit! There is so much to look at and find out about the what classes they have and what degrees you can get. They have a great 4-year culinary program which I plan on attending myself to get my culinary art degree so I can own my own restaurant.

Alexis

Nicholls State University might not be for everyone but it sure is for me! Nicholls has classes small enough where personalized help by professors is easy and accessible. They could definitely increase access parking for commuter students but they make up for it with the wide variety of extracurricular activities and on campus facilities!

I am an English major with a concentration in Film Studies. I love the English department ans how the staff here seems to enjoy their jobs. The teaher's are usually sticking by their office hours so it is not difficult to meet with them. The art department is amazing, lots of motivated people (including the teachers). There are many clubs and organizations offered, though they don't seem to get noticed as much as the sports. I enjoy NSU... but I believe many people on campus have the notion that sports are more important than academics. Some of the buildings are a bit outdated; that does include the smell, look, and names of quite a few.

Kedriana

I would highly recommend going to Nicholls State University because of the many opportunities they have for you, the people enrolled there are very nice and genuine, and they have doors open for you at all times!

Jailyn

It seems like a good environment to study at and that’s where I’ll be hoping to get into!

Brooke Lyn

Nicholls State University welcomed me with open arms when I visited the campus. No matter what my question was, they were sure to answer it. The tour was in detail, and they made sure oncoming freshman felt welcomed and safe on campus. The food is amazing, too. I cannot wait to attend Nicholls!

Shannon

While I do think that Nicholls State University is a college that exhibits great educational opportunities and many extracurricular activities. I do believe that this University lacks in two very important and up-and-coming social/economical experiences. The University is great at accepting students of color yet I feel as if they are not doing as much as they can to embrace them completely; this would be an amazing place to activate for equal rights and we are failing at doing so. My last concern is the lack of sustainability- sure, there are recycling bins on campus but by adding composting bins to the football stadium and dining hall, Nicholls would be making an impressive mark on the environment.

Caleb

Great university with great professors! The administration is the best I’ve ever experienced! Small school with lots of activities! Great cafeteria and food! On campus housing is amazing and it gets better every year! They spend money on this school!

On November 10, 2018 I attended Colonel Day at Nicholls State University, in Thibodeaux, LA., which sealed the deal for me. Before visiting, two people I greatly admire told me they received their degrees from Nicholls, and how they truly appreciate the education and experiences they received by attending the university. The university is big enough to offer many wonderful opportunities, and yet small enough that every student can feel special. The student -teacher ratio in over 50% of the classes is 20:1. I look forward to becoming a full time student there in the Fall of 2019, majoring in Elementary Education. I would also love to audition for the Nicholls State University Choir, because I have been an active member for 4 years in WHS Glee Club, Voices of Westgate, and Iberia Parish Gifted & Talented Music Program. My GT Music Teacher graduated from Nicholls State University, where she majored in Music. So, overall, I would have to say that my opinion of Nicholls, is 5 star.

Hunter

Nicholls State University is a great campus, filled with intelligent students and professors who want to see all their students succeed! The overall campus is very clean, up to date, and class sizes are not over populated! Nicholls has always been my first choice and I am very excited to get to be a student at this great university and be apart of the Colonel Family! Go Colonels!