Northampton County Area Community College-Monroe Top Questions

Victoria

Dear Past Victoria, If you thought High School was tough, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into. You're going to have to hear me out on this one. It might sound like you're being repremanded; which you are, but for good reasons. College is nothing like high school, you need to pay attention. Remeber to stay focus, don't get lazy and think you'll have all the time in the world to do it. This isn't high school anymore, you have a lot more work now than what you did. As for your morning classes. Don't you dare press that snooze button. Get up. Get dressed, and go to school. You're a very intelligent person, but your grades don't show it. This is your second chance to get into a better college. Pay attention, do not slack off, even if the work is easy. Grow out of your shell a bit more also, join clubs, meet new people, stop limiting yourself to just the friends around you. I know you love them, you will always have them, there's always room for more friends. Remember, Have Fun. Love, Present Victoria.

I would give myself advice about how to prepare for college. Preparing for college takes a big part because you're basically preparing yourself for the rest of your career. I would tell myself to fill out as many scholorships as possible and to try to get as much money toward my tuition as possible to help me get through college in a stress free way because, college is stressful already. You don't need anymore stress than the stress that you will have with loans. Another tip I would give myself is to buy my books as soon as possible because you never know when the book store or where ever you're getting your books will run out of the books that you need. I would also tell myself that the books will help me through every class and it is a MUST that I get all of my books. It is very important. The most important thing that i would tell myself is that college is the key to your future and what you do now will shape that so make it into something beautiful.

Naisha

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell my self that its not all cracked up to be what everyone around says, as far as the partying and so on. Yea that may be fun and all but you have to be focused on school. I would also tell myself to not cut class or miss class for whatever reason because colleges look at that to determine your acceptance. At first, college life may be a little hard, different, and definitely a new experiance but in time it gets better. You get use to your surrounding and thats when you meet new people. College is a great experiance and your gonna love it!

rita

do the dual enrollement from ncc. stay there get your associates.try to not rush and don't think your invincable. don't really care about always looking your best, u'll come to find that those things are'nt really important and that other things matter. there is a world beyond you, and no one is looking at you, watching your evry move, u'll learn it in psy...it's called the illusional audience. make sure you fill out your fafsa for your financial aid, that's really important. make sure you remember to renew it every year in jan.lateness is unacceptable, never come to class that, that is a big distraction and it is so rude.chegg is an online cite that helps college students borrow textbooks instaed of buying them. books are 60-80 off of the regular price, and for every book you borrow chegg plants a tree. chegg will help you save at least $500 per yr on textbooks.locks of love,basically they donate hair to cancer paetients but the minimum to be cut is 10 inches, it's a good cause. & keep up with fastweb and their scholarships and grants.