Oakland University

« See more reviews of Oakland University

My school is unique to other schools because it offers the intimacy of a small classroom setting, yet has the prestige of a large university. Oakland University is one of the most culturally diverse campuses I have ever visited, making my decision to go there an easy one. The professors at Oakland are genuinely enthusiastic for the classes they are teaching, offering many different hands-on activities that really help the students to learn. I have never had a professor in my declared major who didn't teach me something I took outside the classroom.

What's unique about Oakland University is the 7 to 1 girl to guy ratio of students on campus. Now for any prospective student searching for the right school who does not know where to go, this fact alone could be a draw for many guys not just looking for a degree. Being a great school that draws many future female teachers to Oakland's exceptional education and nursing programs, guys will find themselves emersed with attractive females in every classroom. Now I wasn't aware of this fact before i started going there, but it definitely was a plus!

I feel at home at Oakland University. From the first time I stepped into the undergraduate advising office, I felt nothing but welcomed. Just as with any school, there are bumps along the way and the meeting of individuals you could have done without, but overall I can say the majority of the faculty and staff want you to enjoy your college experience and truly succeed. Although, this may not seem to be what one would consider to be unique, to me it is , especially in comparison to the other university I attended. I feel at home, that's it.

Oakland University is a small campus, and there are many good things that come with that. The teachers get to know you more one-on-one in most classes, and that really can help you with your studies. I also like the career advisors that are available. They really know what they're doing and can help you find your interests and pick the major that's right for you.

what's unique about Oakland university is its diverse setting, and structured classroom settings. From my experience I've had great proffesors that help you retain the information needed for the present. It's quite easy to stay focus on campus also. At many other schools, you always hear about the "party scene", you won't hear that about Oakland University.

Oakland University is known as a commuter college, meaning that most of the students attending classes drive here daily. Myself and other students become adjusted to driving longer distances, dealing with traffic, and planning out day according to drive time, getting use to what is expected of us when we join the professional work force.

The small campus and (relativly) small class sizes make Oakland a particularly cofortable school, where getting help from professors is fairly easy, finding particular locations is pretty straight forward, and the surrounding area feels safe and comfortable as well.

I think that Oakland University is different because almost 75% of the students commute. Not many universities that I have heard of have that many communters. It also has a wonderful education program and that is that main reason I chose to attend this university.

This school is smaller and has greater emphasis on the arts which is what I needed. All the music classes are much smaller than other classes so the professors know all the students and allthe students know each other which is really beneficial.

The Rochester area is great. I love living here because I have the opportunity to go out and do a lot of different things. The campus at Oakland University is really nice and we have a great library.