Oakland University

« See more reviews of Oakland University

The worst thing about my school are the tuition rates. Although they're considerably lower than many other four-year institutions, I still find them alarmingly high. In particular, I dislike how relatively few scholarships are available to the student populace. I would be less concerned about the price of tuition if I knew that I didn't have to worry about having a large amount of debt after I graduated. As it is, however, due to this dearth of scholarships available to me, I have to take out loans. This vastly increases my anxiety about my schooling.

Not knowing the exact makeup of the population of Oakland University; I would have to say that the worse thing about the university is lack of diversity. I'm not referring to the racial makeup of the school, I'm referring to the commuter aspect of the school. Most of the students that attend the school were raised in the area. In a major university, you would like to get a perspective of a large range of backgrounds, personalities and cultures. Oakland University is a fine institution of higher learning nad in my opinion that's the only draw back.

The worst thing that I consider at my school are the classes that I am taking right now. The reason why is because I thought that I would be able to seek out help whenever I needed it. I thought that I would have a better understanding of the material. Other things that I consider bad at this school are some of the professors. The reason why is because some of the professor are like they don't care whether you come to class or whether uyou understand because they already know the information.

First of all I wouldn't have any idea about Oakland University as far as this college for the worst thing. I have only heard good things and scene good things in regard to the Education progarm along with being up there in the students pasting the state test . When able to past the test for cerification is a big deal when it comes to teaching. I only thing I would say is the drive up to the school for people who live south of Detroit; otherwise I can't say anything bad about the college.

The parking and our lack of school spirit. Unfortunately we have a president (of the University) who feels it's necessary to install a keypad lock on the wing where his office is located. Faculty and students have no way of ever meeting or talking to him, we refuse to sell our brand so the only place students can get OU gear is in the store or at the Meijer down the street. We don't have a football team, which is actually not that bad, but the school just lacks a vision.

I consider the worst thing about my school to be the parking space. In the winter time, it is very hard to get in and out of campus easily because there are so many people and the weather in Michigan is pretty bad. Alot of students have an issue with the parking spaces and take about 30 to 40 minuntes to find a good place to park. If they do find a good spot, it usually really far from thier classes.

The worst thing about Oakland University is the lack of diversity between the students. Most people go to college with the hope that they will meet new and interesting people; unfortunately, Oakland does not provide much of an opportunity for this. I think my college experience would be much more fulfilling and enriching if my classes were filled with dedicated, diverse individuals.

Registering for classes and dealing with the study abroad office. It seems like it would be hard to organize these things but it is also so frustrating and annoying to deal with any of these offices or people, etc. The book store also seems to get us to buy a ton of books the teachers don't actually say we need for classes and sell us used books for new book prices.

I would have to say that the worst thing about my school would have to be the seemingly restricted access to students in regards to registration and maintaining good standing for classes. There are so many guidelines for students to follow and students must diligently seek information from many resources in order to obtain an understanding of these guidelines.

I feel as though the financial aid office staff could be much more sensitive to the often frustrating topic of financing a hefty university tuition bill. Whether it be speaking with more compassion, or having a generally friendly tone, I believe that these small gestures could help faciliate a more pleasant financial aid experience.