Oakland University

« See more reviews of Oakland University

Oakland University?s environment is not the same as others. Because the majority of OU students commute , one would think that making life-long friends, having a thriving social life and a fantastic college experience would be impossible. My favorite part about OU is the ability for commuter students to experience college campus life while living at home to save money. OU caters their on-campus activities to make it possible for commuters to attend between classes or directly after. I love my university for the education I am receiving, the people I?ve met and this unforgettable college experience.

OU provides students with the resources and abilities to do whatever we want. If we want to start up a club or organization, they give us money to do so. If we want to bring in a famous speaker, they will do it. At OU professors actually care about students. Departments regularly host discussion nights off campus in local bars and pubs. I get to have discussions with the experts in the fields-my professors! OU has awesome sporting events. The Men's B-Ball team is going to dominate this year. GO GRIZZLIES!!!

Oakland University is a smaller campus located in Rochester Hills, Michigan. To me, a smaller campus makes it easier to maneuver from building to building, connect socially with friends and professors, and it also allows for another way to explore. Even though it is a smaller canvas, it can create a a much larger masterpiece. As a student at this university, I am allowed to broaden my horizons and expectations in life in order to create a better future for myself.

All the free/cheap events and free amenities. There is great food and great people! We have a lot of places to go! We have a recreation center and an athletics center. We have free laundry and a beautiful view! I have been here for two days and have met some people i went to high school with and new people! I have also gotten a ticket to a concert! I start classes in about three days, and i am super excited and very nervous at the same time.

The faculty! Every teacher I've ever had at Oakland University has been an amazing educator. Not only are they experts in their field but they teach us in ways that apply to reality. Most of the time we're actually doing things that would happen in the business world, or are happening. Other times we're involved in intense discussions. The teachers are always there if you need them, and always willing to help work with you.

The best thing about my school is that the class sizes are small enough to feel like more than just a number to the professor. There is more of a one-on-one feeling when attending class. Also, the fact that nearly every class you take at this school is taught by someone who is an expert in their field or is working in the field. This gives more of a feeling of learning more than textbook information.

My school boasts a rich social component on its' campus. It offers over a hundred student organizations, so there is definitely something for everyone at Oakland University. By offering a large array of clubs to join, there is always a way for students to find a group of like minded individuals. Personally, I managed to find a club full of people who loved making and discussing films as much as I did.

I think the best thing about Oakland University besides it central location and beautiful scenery would be that it is a university that doesn't charge a bunch of extra fees, however you get so much more in the aspect of opportunities. There is something here for all people to help them fit in and succeed. I believe Oakland University is a generous school.

I joined the Student Program Board and have become aware of the various activities that students can partake in both on and off-campus. From weekend trips to Chicago to Halloweekends at Cedar Point to Detroit Pistons games, I have been able to experience some really cool people and places at a greatly reduced or no cost!

I think the best thing about my school is that the students make it comfortable for new students. I think its the best because coming into a new school where you don't know anyone can be stressful and scary but oakland makes imcoming freshman feel as they are at home.