Colorado Springs, CO
Pikes Peak Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pikes Peak Community College

Victoria

Overall, Pikes Peak Community College is a place for learning. It's reasonable tuition for in-state students is great for independent students. I don't think you should go here if you are involved in many sports or clubs. Although, the teacher to student ratio is nice.

Brianna

I enjoy being at Pikes Peak but i would rather be at a college where I can live in a dorm and get the whole college experience. I enjoy all of the classes but some of the professors seem as though they do not care. The professors teach what ever they want and some of their topics are not close to the curriculum that we need to learn for our degrees.

Edna

No matter what events you encoutner in your life; whether it is a broken heart, family problems or anything else stay focused on your goal. College provides you with the opportunity to see the world in a different light. It makes you question your traditions, believes and out look about the world. This allows you to grow and make your own decisions. A college education requires focus, persevereance and most importantly an open mind. Most importantly the knowledge and expereince you gain throughout your college years will provide you with a means to support yourself financially and open new doors of opportunity for your future children. An educated parent is an inspiration to his/her children. Stay focused! In the words of Master Yoda "Do or do not. There is no try." and "Always pass on what you have learned."

What I like about Pikes Peak Community College are the professors. They have the knowledge and most importantly the experience on the subject matter they teach. I value the experience the most because I believe that is the best way to learn.

Any person, whether a current high school student, recently high school graduate or a non-traditional student like me who seek a quality education should attend Pikes Peak Community College. The professors at PPCC are highly qualified and very knowledgeable in the subject they are teaching.

There is a lot of advice I would give my high school senior self. First off i would be telling myself to fill out as many or all scholarship opportunities because loans stack up and then you become in debt before you even blink. I would also give advice on getting a job and saving up for a car to get to school and home because figuring out how to get to school then home is rough, especially when it is snowing out of control. Taking some college courses in high school would have been something I should have taken advantage of but I did not. Also some adivce is exploring the major you would want to go into because changing your major in the middle of the year makes you start all over. Learning out to balance your studies and homework before college is something I should have learned but did not.

What is most frustrating about my school is the tutoring because most tutors are students but don't know how to do a majority of the stuff you need to know. For example I went to math tutoring for my test and used the methods I was taught yet I was still wrong on the tests, so basically I was given the wrong information. For tutors we need teachers someone who is a profession in the subject we need besides our own teacher.

Olivia

I would tell myself to figure out who I want to be in the world. I would also tell myself to look for scholarships and always work hard.

The worst thing about PPCC is that there are no classes that go on days back to back during the week.

The most frustrating thing about PPCC is that financial aid and advisors can be difficult to talk too. Sometimes they give the wrong informationa nd do not seem well informed.

Cassandra

My school is inspiring and doable with all the resources and classes they offer to fit your schedule, with motivating and understanding staff to help you get where you need, to get what you need without feel like your just another number, and are respectuful in your choices of what you want to pursue in the future.

If I'm looking back to high school senior me, I would tell her to take notes on what I'm abou to say. I will tell her to stay focused on her grades and her boyfriend can wait. I would tell her she needs good concentration and efforts on tests and exams to get a better grade throughout the whole senior class. I would tell her to get orginized and follow and step by step list on how to get and stay orginized. I would also tell her to relax and have some fun every now and then and don't get too caught up in school. I would advise high school me to have already looked at colleges, their programs and tuition and work harder to get financial aid. I would tell her to stop spending her paychecks on clothes and save up for school or even her own car. I would advise her to stay positive and happy. I wouldn't believe her if she said she would marry her high school boyfriend, but keep her inspiring herself and her boyfriend to make smart educational choices.

I don't agree that any kind of person shouldn't attend this school. There are many people out there who are lazy, procrastinators and don't believe in themselves. I think attening this school can help all of those types of people to help accomoplish class by class to ultimately get their "dream job". They are so helpful and motivating, they make you want to prove to yourself that you can do anything.

Christopher

Well, to begin with, I was homeschooled in a very relaxed setting where I never really had to write papers. The very first thing I would tell myself is learn how to write papers in MLA and APA format. It's probably the one thing I use most in school so far. Next, I would urge myself to start practice taking timed tests on all of my subjects. That way I could get used to being in a school setting where there are tests. I would also tell myself to immediatly apply for Work Studies as soon as I began college, as they are a fairly easy way to make money when you're taking classes. I'd also suggest that I make a folder where I can keep copies of different pieces of homework I recive, that way I can easily reference it. Finally, I'd tell myself that there really aren't any major differences between college life and the way I was homeschooled, with the exception of having homework and being in a class room.

It has a program that will allow me to get all of the requirements I need to start the engineering program at University of Colorado Colorado Springs at a far cheaper price. The reason I like this the most about the school is because I can get all of the prerequisites I need for the Computer Engineering program at UCCS without having to pay the insane tuition that UCCS would have required me to pay to take the same classes.

Apparently Pikes Peak Comunity College never closes due to weather. I dislike this the most because the road conditions here can become very dangerous during the winter, which makes traveling dangerous. I also have to use the bus system, which means I have to stand outside in freezing tempuratures while I wait for the bus to pick me up. All of this adds up to me having to be at school, no matter how bad the weather is or dangerous the roads are.

Martin

My classmates are a motley crue from all different walks of life which represent the amazing cross section of the melting pot we call America.

Shantideva once said, "If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?" Haley is the one you are going to marry. Don't trip about the rest of the b.s., it's just details. Good luck and have fun! P.S. Don't drink the snake saki!

Someone who is not motivated or does not have a plan should not attend any higher level of education. Simply graduating high school does not qualify one to know what they want to do in their life. Life has a funny way of showing us what the correct path is. Take your time to find the correct one. Higher learning is not for those who are only doing what they are told or are going simply because they have financial means. Pikes Peak Community College is for those who wish to progress as individuals and succeed in this modern world.

Joel

There are literally a handful of things I would say if I could go back and give myself advice. I would tell myself to take it easy and not stress out too much, because it's only community college. Not only that I would tell myself to get hearing aids and not care what anyone else thinks because I would be saving myself a lot of pain and frustration in the future. I would say, "be more open-minded, and accepting of others who come from different backgrounds. Don't judge a book by its cover, and above all never give up and trust in yourself."

Salome

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to be so stressed out! College is definately challenging but your schooling has helped perpare you for all the problems and resposiblities you have to take on. You should enjoy high school! Go to some assemblies and football games, put down that review packet and take a breath! I know it seems like high school is the end all be all of your life right now, but don't worry, it only seems that way. Once you get out of this school you'll be starting your carreer and working and have many more responsibilities that will only continue as your life progresses. But for now your just a high school student, enjoy the comforts of home cooked meals, late nights talking on the phone, and movie days at school. If I were you I would take more time to hang out with your friends and boyfriend who are all moving away after summer, plan a trip to Denver and enjoy being teen adolescents a while longer. The real world full of new challenges is waiting around the corner.

You shouldn't attend PPCC if you like the big city atmosphere because Colorado Springs is a relatively small town.

The councelors are very helpful! You also save a lot of money by going to a community college before attending a university. My class sizes tend to be relativly small so I can get a lot of help from the teachers when I need it. Not to mention all the students are very polite.

Pikes Peak Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.