Colorado Springs, CO
Pikes Peak Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pikes Peak Community College

Christopher

Well, to begin with, I was homeschooled in a very relaxed setting where I never really had to write papers. The very first thing I would tell myself is learn how to write papers in MLA and APA format. It's probably the one thing I use most in school so far. Next, I would urge myself to start practice taking timed tests on all of my subjects. That way I could get used to being in a school setting where there are tests. I would also tell myself to immediatly apply for Work Studies as soon as I began college, as they are a fairly easy way to make money when you're taking classes. I'd also suggest that I make a folder where I can keep copies of different pieces of homework I recive, that way I can easily reference it. Finally, I'd tell myself that there really aren't any major differences between college life and the way I was homeschooled, with the exception of having homework and being in a class room.

It has a program that will allow me to get all of the requirements I need to start the engineering program at University of Colorado Colorado Springs at a far cheaper price. The reason I like this the most about the school is because I can get all of the prerequisites I need for the Computer Engineering program at UCCS without having to pay the insane tuition that UCCS would have required me to pay to take the same classes.

Apparently Pikes Peak Comunity College never closes due to weather. I dislike this the most because the road conditions here can become very dangerous during the winter, which makes traveling dangerous. I also have to use the bus system, which means I have to stand outside in freezing tempuratures while I wait for the bus to pick me up. All of this adds up to me having to be at school, no matter how bad the weather is or dangerous the roads are.

Martin

My classmates are a motley crue from all different walks of life which represent the amazing cross section of the melting pot we call America.

Shantideva once said, "If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?" Haley is the one you are going to marry. Don't trip about the rest of the b.s., it's just details. Good luck and have fun! P.S. Don't drink the snake saki!

Someone who is not motivated or does not have a plan should not attend any higher level of education. Simply graduating high school does not qualify one to know what they want to do in their life. Life has a funny way of showing us what the correct path is. Take your time to find the correct one. Higher learning is not for those who are only doing what they are told or are going simply because they have financial means. Pikes Peak Community College is for those who wish to progress as individuals and succeed in this modern world.

Joel

There are literally a handful of things I would say if I could go back and give myself advice. I would tell myself to take it easy and not stress out too much, because it's only community college. Not only that I would tell myself to get hearing aids and not care what anyone else thinks because I would be saving myself a lot of pain and frustration in the future. I would say, "be more open-minded, and accepting of others who come from different backgrounds. Don't judge a book by its cover, and above all never give up and trust in yourself."

Salome

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to be so stressed out! College is definately challenging but your schooling has helped perpare you for all the problems and resposiblities you have to take on. You should enjoy high school! Go to some assemblies and football games, put down that review packet and take a breath! I know it seems like high school is the end all be all of your life right now, but don't worry, it only seems that way. Once you get out of this school you'll be starting your carreer and working and have many more responsibilities that will only continue as your life progresses. But for now your just a high school student, enjoy the comforts of home cooked meals, late nights talking on the phone, and movie days at school. If I were you I would take more time to hang out with your friends and boyfriend who are all moving away after summer, plan a trip to Denver and enjoy being teen adolescents a while longer. The real world full of new challenges is waiting around the corner.

You shouldn't attend PPCC if you like the big city atmosphere because Colorado Springs is a relatively small town.

The councelors are very helpful! You also save a lot of money by going to a community college before attending a university. My class sizes tend to be relativly small so I can get a lot of help from the teachers when I need it. Not to mention all the students are very polite.

brianna

the professors are amazing. i like each of my culinary teachers

the professors are amazing. i like each of my culinary teachers

Don't start soft. Don't take that semester off. The Air Force won't take you. Find the passion you want in life and run with it. It's ok to not getin the military, but be proactive with your life and grab the bull by the horns. Don't bother with boys, and under no curcumstances drop out and marry a boy!!!! do this for you and no one else. Someone will come along and show you why it never worked out, and they will want you to continue school. Love more and worry less. Let yourself see how others think. Be open. He isn't your life so don't let him be.

my culinary professors actually worked around the world and i think thatas awesoome

Charity

They have various campuses throughout the city for convenience. There are now even military-only campuses on a couple bases here.

I would have told myselfo to finish my high school education rather than opting for a GED and continue directly to a 4 year university.

I wish I had known to enter the school with a determined major so I could have avoided wasting money taking classes that are not applicable to my degree.

Mackenzee

I am Mackenzee Heath. The one and only, Mackenzee Heath. But it took me a lot of learning, struggles and mistakes to get to where I am now. It took almost; too long to become the real person I wanted to be. If I could go back into time, and talk to myself as a high school student, there are four main things I would advise myself to and of course, not to do. For ever year that you move up, I would advise something new to work and concentrate on that year. Freshman year, I would say to get to know the high school you're attending. Open houses, transition days, etc. Sophomore year, focus on a good relationship with your parents who are the two people who will naturally always love you and want good for you. Junior year, I would say is scholarship and grants year. There are so many out there to take advantage of before it?s too late. Apply, apply, and apply! For senior year, I would say is college year. Look into as many colleges as possible. Visit the colleges. Just like freshman year all over. And of course, make sure to graduate!!!

I think that the best thing about my school right now is the location. It is located near my house and near my current job. I also like the 60 to 60 credit transfer opportunities the school offers. Another great thing about Pikes Peak is the teachers that actually care about outside lifes as well and are very understanding. The way they put effort torwards the classes that will help is probably another one of the best things about my school.

There are three campuses. When you sign and register for classes, you always have to take those campuses into considerationg for your location as well. I also wish that I knew the prices of the classes and would have worked harder for scholarships, grants, loans and other financial aid that is out there and available.

don

that is a question i dont believe i have the answer to.

that is a question i dont believe i have the answer to.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that college is the only thing that is gonna help you to pursue your lifes dreams. I would also tell myself that the future is only as bright as I allow it to be and that there is lot's of oppuratunity's out there, you just need to keep your eyes open and reach for the sky's. dont ever settle for less and do your hardest to be the best at what ever you choose to do.

i wish i knew more about this school and it programs and what this school can do for me.

The students, instructors, and other staff are one of the best group of people, very helpful and motivational!

Everyday you may come across a challenge, just take it one day at a time and try not to get stressed out. I like to think of life as challenge all in its self. "Everything in life that is worth having is a challenge, if it wasn't a challenge it wouldn't be worth having." That is how I feel about college and working towards a degree. Just have pride in everything you do and know that you strive to be the best everyday. Know that one day you will have that degree and you deserve it so much after all the hard work!

I wish I would have known what a great experience that this college was going to give me, I probably would have started right away.

Kristina

My classmates are focused and driven to get where they want to be after college.

The advise I would give myself is do not get caught up in drama, focus on your education, do your homework, and when asked always give the professer a nice temperment. College is like high school just with a lot more frredom but do not take this freedom for what it is worth, go to class and get the education you are paying for. Always focus on the future when class gets boring and do not let your parents or roomates take the time you need for homework and make you do something else. It is ok to go out and have fun if your grades are where they should be and all your homework is done for the next school day. This is what I would tell myself if I could go back in time and give advise.

I consider the worst thing about my school is the many campuses we have. It takes thirty mintues to get to each campus depending on where your classes are. Then classes are ten mintues apart so your late getting to your next class and you miss half the lecture.

Pikes Peak Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.