Colorado Springs, CO
Pikes Peak Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pikes Peak Community College

Steven

Perched on a nole overlooking the south gate of Fort scarson, Pikes Peak Community is a small college that provides a challenging environment with diverse educational opportunities not only for my own individual educational persuits but also for self-enrichment and expansion.

Steven, I know that you are completely terrified. Though you would disagree with me, and the impassive expression that you hold on to belies the dark swirling shadows that lay beneath the surface, believe me. I know. All of the possibilities terrify you and, if you let that fear dominate, you will spend almost a decade trying to find out what it is that you want to become. You know deep down that you desire to help people. Stick with that. Do not let anyone shove you in any direction but that direction. Go and find a profession that will by its nature fulfill your own nature. As the Oracle at Delphi pronounced on its pediment: Know Thyself. And, be true to what you know about yourself. Do not cling to your wandering heart, but instead stab it and go uplift all that you can. Find that profession and persue it with all your heart. Only then, will you be able to not only be fulfilled, but to fulfill your purpose in life, which you scream inwardly to realize. Three words: Follow. Your. Heart.

Individuals who are seeking to get lost in the crowd or to merely pass through classes by sitting in the back of large stadium style courses, nor those who desire a more sports oriented, party environment, need not apply.

Barbara

I would tell myself to go ahead and go to college instead of waiting until I was 26 years old to begin my college journey. I decided when I graduated high school that I would wait to go to college and instead travel around with my father for a year before I began the journey. I ended up getting pregnant with my son whom I adore, during that time so I had to put school off until mine, my husband's and our children's lives were a little more stable. However, I am excelling in school so I am glad I have made that journey.

All of the options they provide for taking classes. There are many different options so no one really has an excuse not to be able to go to school.

That it is not always a very professional environment. I love all the options they have for taking classes: full semesters, bi-semesters, online, on campus, on military bases, online through Colorado Community Colleges. But sometimes it takes forever to get questions answered and they are not always professional.

Javier

Anybody no matter if young or even the elder will always think about college. if its even your teacher wanting to go back and major in something besides teaching or ur neighbor wanting to start college after being graduated for only 5 years. or maybe even someone like me, only being graduated two years ago. but theres always this perminision that we get that we imagine ourselves doing wat we dream. going to high school i wish i knew i could have told myfelf to prepare for my major which is business administration. i wish i could have told my self how easy it is to enter any college i wanted without any hassle or confusion. entering this college was the best thing i have done for my life and in my life. i wish i wasnt afraid to go along with my dream of being a business man and not worry about the word "COLLEGE". during school many people are scared of this word because we think of money, time, and expenses. all that is included with college but it is much easier than high school. giving myself advice on the past would have made my present easier.

before i had graduated high school my thoughts about college were way in the back of my head. Schools are over rated on how difficult its to register, apply and recieve financial aid, book expenses and most of all college life. There is no easier thing than going to a college like mine and go in and register under 20 min. At high school they cram so many ideas about college that in the end you dont know what youre getting into. If someone told me this in high school i would have been in school two years ago.

Frustrating thing for me at my school would have been that i wanted more financial aid and maybe a grant. honors throu out high school didnt even get me a scholarship. coming from a family with no college background, my parents not having social security cards and struggling all life, in my mind going to college and getting government help was what i was looking forward to but it wasnt the case.

Jodie

We often hear the words, "If I only knew then what I know now." These words are more than an age-old adage; they are words of wisdom that you, Jodie, will one day fully understand. Although the words strike a regretful tone, I now offer these words to you with glowing hope. Don't fear what you do not know, but truly accept the things that you do. You are smart. You are capable of achieving great things. I know you feel invincible and that the world is in the palm of your hands, but my dear, young girl, a college education is more than a diploma. It is self-respect. It is a testimony to your intellect and commitment to yourself and to your future. Do not fear failure, but be confident in your abilities. Yes, you will be required to work hard and stay up all hours of the night out of commitment to your studies, but these things that you now see as sacrifices will be overcome by the pride you will find in your family's, professors', and your eyes as you meet and even surpass your own expectations. If you commit, you will succeed.

I love that Pikes Peak Community College offers small, welcoming classrooms with professors--for the most part--who are truly dedicated to seeing the success of their students. This is particularly important to me because, as a high school drop out, I feared reentering the academic world as a 23 year old woman with little to no confidence. All of that has now changed. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA for three consecutive semesters, and I must credit the college, as I do myself, for the drastic change in my confidence to achieve success.

The one thing I would change about Pikes Peak Community College is the number and variety of classes offered; they leave much to be desired. For example, I am currently enrolled in an online survey of calculus class, not by choice mind you, but rather because the college offers only one evening class on campus that is not conducive to my schedule. Unfortunately, I am no math guru and I am experiencing anxiety about keeping my 4.0 GPA because of the format of the class I must now take.

If I had to go back to tell myself something as a highschool senior it would be to volunteer and participate in more activites. I am now volunteering (at 25 years old!). I know now it would have been alot easier and helped me decide what I wanted to do when I grow up. Working full time and being a wife is hard enough without volunteering and doing extra activites. I would have maybe been complete with most of my school work. Although I know I can still do it now, my days of being a DVM are alot futher in the future. Encouragment is also the best, I would say "Go highschool me! You can do it!"

Ladonna

Do not procrastinate and live life to the fullest. Also do not let it stress you out, it is a new chapter in life, just enjoy the experience and work hard.

The idea of being successful and knowing that there are people that will support me.

I dont think there is anything bad about it, it is what you make of it.

Jeffrey

I would address myself about goals and responsibilty. College is a tool for life, not just the next thing to do in life. Only attend school when you are ready to participate fully. The amount of effort that is put in to the life training is directly related to the outcome. If you are not ready to put in 100% then wait until the time that you are ready. If the focus is on social interactions and finding new adult hobbies then the outcome will not be academically positive. Academic preparation for upcoming jobs is the goal. The other activities are fun and a worthwhile growing experience but don't waste the money and professors time by messing around too much. If you need to go "find yourself" then do it and attend college when you are ready. Therefore my major advice is to attend college when you are ready, not before, so that you can suceed in what you are doing. You get out what you put in so put in 100% or wait until you are ready to do so.

PPCC is currently very wishy washy about the requirerments for the career I am interested in, which is frustrating.

My school is able to make a fit to any student out there. The person just graduating high school to the adult who is making a career change part way through life. I am the second variety. Unlike other schools and universities in my area, PPCC is able to cater to my complicated life. I not only worry about my school schedual but the scheduals of my two kids. This institution has an atmosphere the invites the older student to fit in and excel.

Eric

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that happiness is not something that can be obtained from a drug, job, person in your life, a drink, or any physical thing. I would tell myself not to put my faith in any of these things instead, put it in God. The problem with trusting in people or creations of men is that they fail and leave us in a state of despair with thoughts of failure, something god could never do. Put your faith in god follow his commandments the best you can. Do your best in all things and leave the results to God!

I think that the worst thing about my school is the cafeteria. The cafeteria is over priced and some of the prepaired food is not healthy; for example they serve alot of pizza and fried foods.

The type of person I believe should not attend Butte college is someone accustom to largely populated classes and who doese not have the need for tutoring and other student services.

Jeremy

The best peice of advice i could give myself as a high school senior would be to really focus more on the steps I'm taking towards a career. I would tell myself not to party as much as i did and to give all my efforts to my school work and going to classes. It's the one thing now that i have to battle the entire time that I will be in college. I wasted money and chances by not thinking about college seriously and I even had someone else paying for my education. Now, I'm paying on my own and have to actually work to pay for everything. So, really, the best advice to give would be to think long and hard about going to college and make sure that I am ready for such a large responsibility to myself.

Nothing. It's a school I'm going to so i can get my GPA up before I return to UCCS.

Probably the High School atmosphere it offers.

the machanc shop in the back

the machanc shop in the back

I would say that i need to take it slow and read more. The test in college are harder and people are meaner and rougher. They push you and push you to make you success. I need to work on my test so that can push the test in the college assessment test. i hope to never have to take english. it was fun in high school but i really needed to work harder and feel that i know something.

i know everything that i could about the college and my degree.

Pikes Peak Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.