Colorado Springs, CO
Pikes Peak Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pikes Peak Community College

Gabrielle

My classmates are a wide range from age to professions to learning abilitys.

My classmates are a wide range from age to professions to learning abilitys.

If i could go back there are only a few things i would do differently. First i would tell me to save more of my paychecks for school, but not all you need to have some fun. Next i would tell myself to go to college right after school it really wont hurt to start classes before you know what your major might be. The most important advice iI would give my self is to stay with Eric and marry him as we did. He wont get in the way of school and it makes going a little easier because you dont have to deal with parents., as well as help support you while you go to school. Just trust yourself and don't second quess everything you do know what you want in life.

The most fustrating thing about Pikes Peak Community college is they dont offer enough of general education classes at night. For example this year i have had to take two classes online because the school didnt have a class that started after 2:30pm. Community colleges are supossed to be more flexable. People do work for a living and most are a 9-5 job. Even though my job is a 6-2 that still doesn"t help.

If I could go back and tell myself as a high school senior I would say, Do not take time off. When you do it is the hardest thing to adjust to school life again. I would also tell myself that just because you are going to a community college does not make a difference. You are still getting the same education and the kids who are going to a university but you get more one on one time with your professors. You can not just coast through school like you have the previous years, you need to study more than half an hour and you need to do your homework and read, if you do not, you have a less likely chance in passing your classes. Keep up the good work and follow these simple tips and you will make it through.

I wish I had known where the Rampart Campus Center was. We got a new campus that nobody was aware of and it was hard to find where my classes in that building were.

The worst thing about Pikes Peak Community College is that there is three different campuses in differend areas. So if i want to take a course it could be at a different campus. Last semester I didn't have a car so i had to car pool to school and my journalism class what at a campus I could not get to so I ended taking it online and I felt I didn't get much from the experience.

Theresa

I would love to tell myself to have confidence in myself. I can do anything if I put my mind too it!! As long as you take your time, stop and think about things before you do them, you will do fine. I would focus alot on empowerment, because if your comfortable and confident inside it will shine through.

The expensive fitness membership. Would like a place to go that supports the health of students, and not always the profit that it can bring.

The resources and extra help that the college offers. Writing lab, math lab and tutors for example.

Benjamin

Pikes Peak Community College is best known for being a low-cost, high-education school that is great for students to get their start in their degree without going into serious debt. Almost all of the credits are transferable to more prestigious schools.

Pikes Peak Community College is unique to other schools I considered because it has multiple (4) campuses in which to study; making it extremely easy for students to attend, no matter where in the city they reside. Not to mention an online campus as well.

Had I the opportunity to speak to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I now know about life as a college student and the changes ahead; I would have three main things to say. First of all, I would tell the younger version of me that in the years ahead, things are going to become different in the sense of finances; starting a budget while in high school would greatly behoove myself to have started saving and disciplining myself early. Second, I would tell myself to embrace the anxiety and fear of the future as a learning process and growing experience. Finally I wouldn't tell myself what lay ahead in the details, because having the future hidden from oneself is part of being human. Not knowing what lies ahead increases faith, endurance and strength with which to strive for that which is unseen and to experience the joy of accomplishment and also the bitterness of disappointment but to still continue on is what will ultimately shape us into the man we are both to become.

(I have always been a shy and unsure of myself. Although I did very well all through school, I was afraid of going to college. Now that I am older and wiser, I understand the consequences of my decisions) The most important advice I would give myself is to have no fear. My future is mine and mine alone. Do not hesitate or second guess your choices because in the end your life is what you make it. Life can be uncertain but don't let that uncertainty dictate what you accomplish. There is no time to be shy or timid when you are the only one who has the power to change your life for the better. Open up to the world around you and take it all in. Be true to yourself, keep a positive attitude, and be brave enough to take the chances that are worth taking. You have the ability to succeed. Now's the time to shine!

The instructors I have had during my time at PPCC have been very supportive and encouraging. I am about to make a huge career change and my doubts and fears have been put to rest knowing I have received a top-notch education from people who are knowledgeable and committed to what they do.

I ahve maintained a 4.0 GPA through out my time at PPCC, but I am unable to receive financial aid. I wish that there was some way to recognize a student's success and some kind of financial incentive, possibly to cover tuition, available to those who strive for excellence.

Steven

Perched on a nole overlooking the south gate of Fort scarson, Pikes Peak Community is a small college that provides a challenging environment with diverse educational opportunities not only for my own individual educational persuits but also for self-enrichment and expansion.

Steven, I know that you are completely terrified. Though you would disagree with me, and the impassive expression that you hold on to belies the dark swirling shadows that lay beneath the surface, believe me. I know. All of the possibilities terrify you and, if you let that fear dominate, you will spend almost a decade trying to find out what it is that you want to become. You know deep down that you desire to help people. Stick with that. Do not let anyone shove you in any direction but that direction. Go and find a profession that will by its nature fulfill your own nature. As the Oracle at Delphi pronounced on its pediment: Know Thyself. And, be true to what you know about yourself. Do not cling to your wandering heart, but instead stab it and go uplift all that you can. Find that profession and persue it with all your heart. Only then, will you be able to not only be fulfilled, but to fulfill your purpose in life, which you scream inwardly to realize. Three words: Follow. Your. Heart.

Individuals who are seeking to get lost in the crowd or to merely pass through classes by sitting in the back of large stadium style courses, nor those who desire a more sports oriented, party environment, need not apply.

Barbara

I would tell myself to go ahead and go to college instead of waiting until I was 26 years old to begin my college journey. I decided when I graduated high school that I would wait to go to college and instead travel around with my father for a year before I began the journey. I ended up getting pregnant with my son whom I adore, during that time so I had to put school off until mine, my husband's and our children's lives were a little more stable. However, I am excelling in school so I am glad I have made that journey.

All of the options they provide for taking classes. There are many different options so no one really has an excuse not to be able to go to school.

That it is not always a very professional environment. I love all the options they have for taking classes: full semesters, bi-semesters, online, on campus, on military bases, online through Colorado Community Colleges. But sometimes it takes forever to get questions answered and they are not always professional.

Javier

Anybody no matter if young or even the elder will always think about college. if its even your teacher wanting to go back and major in something besides teaching or ur neighbor wanting to start college after being graduated for only 5 years. or maybe even someone like me, only being graduated two years ago. but theres always this perminision that we get that we imagine ourselves doing wat we dream. going to high school i wish i knew i could have told myfelf to prepare for my major which is business administration. i wish i could have told my self how easy it is to enter any college i wanted without any hassle or confusion. entering this college was the best thing i have done for my life and in my life. i wish i wasnt afraid to go along with my dream of being a business man and not worry about the word "COLLEGE". during school many people are scared of this word because we think of money, time, and expenses. all that is included with college but it is much easier than high school. giving myself advice on the past would have made my present easier.

before i had graduated high school my thoughts about college were way in the back of my head. Schools are over rated on how difficult its to register, apply and recieve financial aid, book expenses and most of all college life. There is no easier thing than going to a college like mine and go in and register under 20 min. At high school they cram so many ideas about college that in the end you dont know what youre getting into. If someone told me this in high school i would have been in school two years ago.

Frustrating thing for me at my school would have been that i wanted more financial aid and maybe a grant. honors throu out high school didnt even get me a scholarship. coming from a family with no college background, my parents not having social security cards and struggling all life, in my mind going to college and getting government help was what i was looking forward to but it wasnt the case.

Jodie

We often hear the words, "If I only knew then what I know now." These words are more than an age-old adage; they are words of wisdom that you, Jodie, will one day fully understand. Although the words strike a regretful tone, I now offer these words to you with glowing hope. Don't fear what you do not know, but truly accept the things that you do. You are smart. You are capable of achieving great things. I know you feel invincible and that the world is in the palm of your hands, but my dear, young girl, a college education is more than a diploma. It is self-respect. It is a testimony to your intellect and commitment to yourself and to your future. Do not fear failure, but be confident in your abilities. Yes, you will be required to work hard and stay up all hours of the night out of commitment to your studies, but these things that you now see as sacrifices will be overcome by the pride you will find in your family's, professors', and your eyes as you meet and even surpass your own expectations. If you commit, you will succeed.

I love that Pikes Peak Community College offers small, welcoming classrooms with professors--for the most part--who are truly dedicated to seeing the success of their students. This is particularly important to me because, as a high school drop out, I feared reentering the academic world as a 23 year old woman with little to no confidence. All of that has now changed. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA for three consecutive semesters, and I must credit the college, as I do myself, for the drastic change in my confidence to achieve success.

The one thing I would change about Pikes Peak Community College is the number and variety of classes offered; they leave much to be desired. For example, I am currently enrolled in an online survey of calculus class, not by choice mind you, but rather because the college offers only one evening class on campus that is not conducive to my schedule. Unfortunately, I am no math guru and I am experiencing anxiety about keeping my 4.0 GPA because of the format of the class I must now take.

If I had to go back to tell myself something as a highschool senior it would be to volunteer and participate in more activites. I am now volunteering (at 25 years old!). I know now it would have been alot easier and helped me decide what I wanted to do when I grow up. Working full time and being a wife is hard enough without volunteering and doing extra activites. I would have maybe been complete with most of my school work. Although I know I can still do it now, my days of being a DVM are alot futher in the future. Encouragment is also the best, I would say "Go highschool me! You can do it!"

Pikes Peak Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.